.:18:. Here : Like

Have You Ever
♫ Yang Yoseob ♫
 
I stare at the blue envelope in my hand. It's the fourth warning letter from Hari's fans. I still haven't managed to find out who sent this letter to me since everyone can put the letter in the mailbox.
 
The only thing I can assume is the culprit must be a man since he, or maybe they, did all of these because of love for Hari. I don't know whether I'm right about it or not though.
 
"Hari!" I gasp in surprise when I see her stepping closer to me. I stand up and blink; I didn't expect her to come here. To my secret spot, the basement.
 
She stops her steps and tilts her head. Seconds later, she turns around to leave. Out of my conscious, I rush to her and stop her by holding her hand, "W-wait!"
 
Hari takes out her phone to type something as I release my grip on her. Even after days passed and we will go to the musician camp tomorrow, her voice hasn't returned yet.
 
"Looks like you don't want me to be here."
 
I sigh after I read what she wanted to say to me. I look at her with sad eyes, feeling awkward.
 
"It's not that I don't want you to be here," I explain calmly, patting her head gently. "I just don't want anything bad happen to you."
 
She pouts her lips and types another message with her phone to tell me.
 
"I should be the one who said that."
 
I can't help myself to smile when I read the message. From what Gikwang and Sunhyun told me, she still feels guilty because her fans tried to attack me.
 
I never blamed her. Not even once. It's her who is suffering because of someone's hatred towards me. I should be the one who is feeling guilty right now.
 
But the most annoying fact for me is I can't stay close to her. Not because I'm afraid I will be attacked again; I don't want Hari to feel guilty or maybe become the wrong target again.
 
If staying away from her until I find who this anti fan of me can protect her from danger, even it mean I will feel lonely without her, I will do it.
 
Not only that I can't take her home like what I usually did, I even need to bear with the scene where she goes to home with Gikwang.
 
A part of me kept saying that the way Gikwang looks at her is different. There is something between Gikwang and Hari yet I don't know what it is.
 
Hari takes a seat on the sofa as her eyes land on the blue envelope I put on the table. I mentally curse myself for leaving it on the table.
 
But Hari doesn't take the letter. Her hand reaches out to take the music sheet next to envelope. It's for Renaitre's new song and I'm still writing the melodies.
 
I take a sit next to her and study her face. Her eyes read the music notes carefully and I feel happy to see her lips turn into a curve. She looks at me and pats my head, making me blush.
 
No one ever patted my head before. I know she is just trying to show me her compliment with gesture but my blood is rushing to my brain quickly.
 
Fortunately she doesn't notice it. She takes the pencil out from her backpack and writes something on the paper; she is writing the lyric for the first verse.
 
Once in a while, she taps her pencil on the table and fills the room with the tapping sound. She puffs her cheeks and then continues writing again.
 
I smile because of her gestures; she looks extremely cute. That's when I find the black circles under her eyes. Did she sleep well lately?
 
"Hari ah," I call her name and she stops writing. She puts down the pencil and looks at me. "Did you sleep last night?"
 
She gives me a awkward grin. I raise my eyebrow, demanding an answer from her. Hari types something on her phone and then show it to me.
 
"I slept for an hour. I couldn't sleep."
 
"And why is that?" I ask her with confusion. She types again quickly to answer me.
 
"Student Committee. I need to work on some tasks."
 
I sigh and caress her cheek, "Don't work too hard. We have a musician camp tomorrow. Take care of your health, alright?"
 
She nods with a smile. She quickly covers but I notice that she just yawned; she is feeling sleepy.
 
I check my wristwatch and calculate the time. Hari needs to wait for another thirty minutes until Gikwang finish his class. Sunhyun doesn't have any classes today and she is busy with her project.
 
"Sleep for a while," I tell her. "I will wake you up when Gikwang calls."
 
She shows her hesitation for a while but after I pat her head, she finally gives a weak smile as she leans her back to the sofa.
 
And she rests her head on my shoulder. My heart skips a beat because of her sudden movement that I don't even dare to move. I take a glance at her and she is closing her eyes, trying to sleep.
 
After around ten minutes, when I'm sure that she has already fallen asleep, I intertwine my fingers with hers carefully so I won't wake her up. I bury my face in her hair, inhaling her sweet scent.
 
I quickly check her expression when she returns my embrace, afraid that she hasn't slept yet.
 
But she is sleeping in peace. moves without a voice and I know she is mentioning a name: Gikwang.
 
I wrap my arm around her shoulder and pull her into a gentle hug. My heart starts to ache again when I know she is thinking about Gikwang even in her sleep.
 
"I'm here for you, Hari," I bite my bottom lip. "Why can't you see me?"
 
 
♫ Cho Sunhyun ♫
 
"Thank you," I bow slightly to the cashier and he returns it with a smile. I walk out from the grocery shop and check my stuff.
 
"Sunhyun?"
 
I turn around to see Yuseon. She just stepped out from a car. I can see a man named Jung Byunghee, a senior from Department of Dance Performance, on the driver seat.
 
"Glad to see you here!" she gives me a warm hug. "Are you free tonight?"
 
"Well," I try to find an alibi. It's not that I don't want to be best friends again with her but I don't want to end up between her and Gikwang again; I will feel extremely guilty to Gikwang if I do that. "I need to pack up for tomorrow camp."
 
"Ah, what a pity," Yuseon pouts and takes a quick glance at Byunghee. "I want to introduce you to Byunghee. We are going to have dinner together."
 
"But then, he is going to the camp as well!" Yuseon announces with excitement. "I'll introduce him to Renaitre tomorrow."
 
"Are you two...?" I ask her with doubt. I don't know whether I'm at the right position to ask the question but I'm curious.
 
Yuseon is the most popular girl in the university. Her beauty, her career in modelling, her reputation to win over popular guys including Gikwang. No one doesn't know about her.
 
But she is not a bad person. Let's just say that she has her own principal and she is a really independence girl; no man can step on her pride. I guess this trait is the reason Gikwang fell in love with her because Gikwang has special choice about girls.
 
"No, no, he is not my boyfriend," Yuseon giggles happily. "He will be my partner for upcoming musical drama."
 
"I see," that's all my reaction is.
 
Silence.
 
"I think you better go. He is waiting," I break the awkward silence and force a smile to her. "I need to pack my stuff too."
 
"See you tomorrow then, Sunhyun," Yuseon bids me goodbye, giving me a wide smile as she waves to me.
 
"See you," I wave and watch her enters the car. I stand still until the car drives away, leaving me alone on the street.
 
I walk back to my apartment, thinking about Yuseon in my head.
 
"Gikwang saw me," Yuseon said, throwing her bag on the sofa. She visited me after I told her that I just returned from my part time job. "He saw me kissing with Changsun."
 
"What?!" I gasped in surprise. I knew that Yuseon was meeting Lee Changsun, Gikwang's best friend from Department of Vocal Music, in secret. I warned her before but she kept assuring me that they're only friends.
 
"If only I didn't do that in the car," Yuseon sighed with disappointment. "Maybe if I talk to him..."
 
"Yuseon ah," I wanted to scold her but I couldn't find the right word to say. I shook my head, "I don't think it's the right time to talk with him. Give him some times, okay?"
 
"None of us mentioned about break up," Yuseon tucked her long hair behind her ear. "I don't think Gikwang will dare to say the word to me."
 
Yuseon was a brave girl and she had a lot of guts. Her confidence was indeed her secret weapon that made her to have both fans who loved her and anti fans who hated her.
 
But Gikwang refused to continue the relationship. A week after that, Yuseon started dating Changsun and my friendship withered because Yuseon spent most of her times with Changsun.
 
As long as I remember, they broke up around a month after they started dating and since that moment, neither Yuseon or Changsun contacted Gikwang again.
 
I guess sometimes there are things that can't be fixed no matter what we try to do.
 
I push the button and wait for the elevator. We will gather with other musicians tomorrow morning at 6 AM so I better go to sleep earlier.
 
When the elevator door is opened, my heart skips a beat when I see Yoseob is inside the elevator. He steps out and gives me a soft smile, "Sunhyun, what a coincidence."
 
The way he mentions my name makes the butterflies to dance in my stomach. Even though my life has been pretty much busy lately, I feel so much better when I hear his voice.
 
"I just met Gikwang to show him the new song," he explains even before I ask. "Hari helped me with the lyrics this evening. She is really amazing."
 
My smile disappears when I notice his shy expression when he mentioned Hari's name. His smile shows that he is really in love with Hari.
 
Cho Sunhyun, why do you always fall in love with someone who never loves you back?
 
"I see...," I murmur, looking down. I'm the fool to think that I may have a chance to win Yoseob's heart because he doesn't stay too close with Hari these days.
 
"Are you alright?" Yoseob tilts his head. He steps closer to me and pats my head, "Have a good rest. We're going to have fun tomorrow."
 
I blush because of his gentle gesture.
 
"Yoseob," I look at him with blushed cheeks. I clench my fists to gain my courage altogether.
 
"I like you."