.:26:. One : Special

Have You Ever
♫ Yoon Hari ♫
 
I open my eyes slowly, feeling that someone is sleeping right beside me. I feel really warm because he is wrapping his arm around my waist yet he is sleeping comfortably.
 
Yoseob looks really cute when he is sleeping. I can't help myself to smile and reach out my hand to touch his cheek, the one with the bandage on it. To think that this wound is caused by me is enough to make my heart aches.
 
Last night I kissed him. I wasn't sure if it's a good move to take since I lost part of my memories. A part of me was afraid that maybe I would regret it the next day, blaming myself to lose control over myself just because I was feeling guilty because of his wound.
 
But when he kissed me back, I couldn't help myself to deepen the kiss. He made my heart to flatter until it might explode if it could. He didn't say a word of love but I could feel that he's not only teasing me or playing with me because I kissed him first.
 
He loves me.
 
Yes, I am being bold by saying that, right? I don't even have my full memories yet I dare to say such a fact.
 
He stopped kissing me after both of us were running out of air. I didn't know how or when he flipped me until I became the one who was laying on his bed. He kissed my forehead, telling me that he should walk me back home but I refused.
 
I wanted to stay with him.
 
I didn't know what I was thinking last night but I didn't want to leave Yoseob. I called my parents, told them that I was staying with a friend and I would return in the morning.
 
Yoseob opposed the idea since he didn't want people to assume negative things because I spent a night with him in his own room alone. I knew I was being silly but I knew he won't do anything to me.
 
I believe Yoseob.
 
We talked till midnight about music. About how we met for the first time. About his dream to be a music instructor. Until I fell asleep because I felt really sleepy.
 
But I remember vividly he laid me down on his bed and I held his hand, didn't want him to go. Like I said to him, when I'm with him, I feel that everything will be alright.
 
Just like now.
 
He is sleeping right next to me and I feel really comfortable. Is this love?
 
But why don't I remember a single thing about him except when he gave me the whistle? why do I see the scene where Gikwang kissed me in the forest? Why did he kiss me? What happened between me and Gikwang?
 
"Yoseob...," I lift up my head a little by resting it on my arm. Ilean to kiss his wound, hoping it will heal soon; I don't want to think about Gikwang now. "Get well soon."
 
"If you're always like this whenever I'm wounded...," Yoseob opens his eyes and smirks, "...I don't mind to be wounded everyday."
 
"Yah!" I hit his chest playfully, surprised that he is actually awake. "You're supposed to be sleeping!"
 
"Do you think I could sleep when there's an angel sleeping next to me?" he brushes my cheek with his thumb. "I barely slept because I wanted to see your sleeping face."
 
I can feel my cheeks are redden because of his honest words. He chuckles and sits up, turning around to look at me with a soft smile, "Come on. I'll walk you back to your home. You have afternoon classes, right?"
 
I nod and try to control my heartbeat. I wash my face and then grab my stuff quickly. He walk me back to my house without even bothering to take a shower first because it's only six in the morning.
 
While I'm teasing him in our way to my house, we walk pass a soccer field. There are some men preparing themselves for a game, waiting for their other friends. They are warming up themselves, jogging around the field with the soccer uniforms.
 
Suddenly another blurry memory crosses my mind.
 
"Are you still mad at me, Hari ah?" Gikwang ruffled my hair but I ignored him. He walked to my front, stepping backwards as I stepped forward since I didn't want to look at his face. "I said I'm sorry, Hari. Come on."
 
"You did it without my permission!" I snapped, stopping my step and glared at him. "I was writing it for myself. I didn't need you to show it to the fans!"
 
"Hari, you're talented! Your writings are beautiful and our fans love it! I just want them to know you are a good writer. A good lyricist!" Gikwang tried to explain himself. "I love your writing, Hari ah."
 
My cheeks turned into flushed pink and he grinned when he saw my face. He walked behind me and held my shoulders firmly, pushing me to walk forward with excitement, "I know you can't stay mad at me. Come on. I'll walk you home."
 
Suddenly he stopped when we walked pass a soccer field. They were in the middle of a game when someone was injured. His teammates gathered around him, looking worried. One of them said out loud that they didn't have substitute player for this game.
 
"Looks interesting," Gikwang murmured. He dragged me to enter the soccer field and he approached the anxious team.
 
"Can I play for him?" he asked politely, making all of them to turn with shock on their face. Of course they would. A stranger who walked pass them just asked them whether he could be the substitute player.
 
"This is a friendly match, right?" Gikwang said calmly. "I'm sure he wants this game to continue. Don't worry, I'm not going to ruin the game. If I do, I will treat all of you dinner."
 
I blinked with confusion. So were they. But then the one who looked like the team coach frowned and asked Gikwang, "What's your name, young man?"
 
"Lee Gikwang," he answered with a smile. He looked at the score board, "There's only fifteen minutes left. I will do my best to make a score. You can keep my words."
 
"Okay," the coach agreed. He turned to the team captain, "Take him. No complaint. Come on. Time doesn't wait for you."
 
"Hari," Gikwang took off his jacket and threw it to me. I caught it and looked at him with disbelief. "Hold it for me. I'll be right back."
 
He ran into the field with excitement. Just like what he promised, he played his best. He looked really serious yet he was enjoying the game when he got the ball. In the end, right when the whistle was going to be blown, he made a score.
 
And the first thing he did after the whistle was blown, he turned to look at me and smirked with confident.
 
My heart skipped a beat.
 
I rub my temple, feeling that the blurry memory fills my mind. When did it happen? Why did my heart feel uneasy when I remember it? Was Gikwang someone special for me... more than a best friend and groupmate?
 
"Hari?" Yoseob calls my name, pulling me back to the reality.
 
I look at him who has a worried expression.
 
Right. I'm with Yoseob. Not Gikwang.
 
But why does Gikwang always be the one in my memories?
 
 
♫ Yang Yoseob ♫
 
"I think it's somewhere around here," Hari opens her shelf quickly. She takes out a jewelry box from inside and then sits on her bed. She gives me a sign to sit next to her.
 
When I walked her back home, I was really worried that something happened in her mind because she looked like she was in pain, rubbing her temple with serious expression.
 
After I arrived in front of her house, she told me to follow her inside because she wanted to show me something. I hesitated for minutes but she didn't give up on persuading me so I followed her request.
 
Her father has went to work while her mother is taking her little brother to the school so basically there is no one in her house except us now. I wonder what she wants to show me.
 
"This one!" she exclaims, showing me a silver bracelet she just found in the jewelry box. She turns to me with a cute smile, "I remember I bought this when I went somewhere with my family. It's really beautiful that I didn't want to wear it because I wanted to keep it good."
 
The bracelet has a guitar with blue stone in the middle. There are musical notes and heart shapes so it's basically a girl's bracelet.
 
"Here," she suddenly circles it around my right wrist. "I think it suits you better than me."
 
"Eh?" I try to pull my hand slightly. "It's a girl's bracelet, Hari. It's ridiculous if I-"
 
I stop when I see the disappointment in her eyes. She forces a smile and takes back the bracelet, "You're right. What am I thinking?"
 
When she is going to put the bracelet back in the jewelry box, I take it from her hand and pat her head, "Why do you want to give it to me, Hari?"
 
"Do I need to tell you the reason?" she tilts her head and I answer her with a nod. She pouts her lips and then mumbles, taking a glance at the jewelry box, "To thank you for the whistle and so I will always remember that you're..."
 
I see the white whistle and silver chain I gave to her when she lost her voice inside the jewelry box. I feel really happy to know she still keep it. I can assume that this is her treasure box.
 
"That I'm...?" I repeat because she stops all of a sudden. I notice her cheeks are blushing and she fans her cheeks with her hands to calm herself down.
 
"That you're special for me...," she murmurs vividly but I can hear it.
 
I cover my mouth with the back of my hand, feeling that heat on my cheeks makes my face burn. I shouldn't have faith in her words right now because she doesn't have her full memories, right?
 
When she insisted to stay with me last night, joy was overflowing inside of me but I kept telling myself that this was not real. She would regret everything when she remembered what she's actually feeling.
 
But then listening to her words that I'm special for her, I ask myself: Does she has the change in her heart?
 
This fast?
 
Come to think of it, I haven't even confessed to her yet.
 
"Thank you," I smile and put the bracelet around my right wrist. "I will keep it. Don't worry. I will take care of it."
 
A smile blossoms on her face. A smile that is enough to brighten up my day. If only I can make her smile like this everyday; I will do whatever to make her happy.
 
"Well, I think I need to go back now," I stand up and she accompanies me to the front door. We stop when we reach the gate. "Thank you for the bracelet, Hari."
 
She nods shyly and smiles, "You're welcome. Thank you for letting me to stay with you last night."
 
I blush when I remember what happened last night. I clear my throat nervously, "Sure. I'll see you at campus then."
 
I turn around to walk back to my apartment but Hari suddenly tugs my sleeve. I stop, tilting my head to wait for her to say something. She doesn't look at me but her face is totally red.
 
"A-Ah, sorry," she releases my sleeve and bites her bottom lip. "It's just... I think I need to tell you something..."
 
"What is it, Hari?" I pat her head gently, making her to look up at me with her flushed pink cheeks.
 
"I... W-When you kissed me, I felt that I didn't need to remember all the painful memories...," she mutters. "I-I'm sorry, Yoseob. I-I'm rambling. I-I-"
 
Listening to her trying to say what she's feeling inside, I can't help myself to cut her words. I cup one of her cheeks and land a kiss on her lips, kissing her gently.
 
"See you at campus," I smile after I part the kiss. Both of us are blushing really hard but I can feel the butterflies are dancing in my stomach because of the quick kiss.
 
I don't even know I can do such a straight forward action towards a girl.
 
She nods and then bids me goodbye, telling me that she will go to the basecamp before classes. I walk away from her house with joy in my heart.
 
After around five minutes or so, when I walk pass the soccer field again, I just remember I put my phone on Hari's bed. I walk back to her house, hoping that I can take my phone so I can contact her when both of us arrive at the campus.
 
When I ring the bell, waiting for her to come up, it's a woman around her forties who opens the gate for me. I assume that she is Hari's mother.
 
"Excuse me," I bow politely to her. Since I don't think I can say that I left my phone in her daughter's room this early, I manage to ask a general question, "Is Hari home?"
 
"Ah, she said she stayed for a night in her friend's house. I just checked the whole house but she's not home yet. Can I help you?" she answers with a gentle smile.
 
"What?" I frown with disbelief.