.:31:. Reason : Pity

Have You Ever
♫ Lee Gikwang ♫
 
I lean against the wall while Yoseob and Hari are sitting on the chairs in front of me. Yoseob is holding Hari's hand to comfort her, telling her that Sunhyun will be alright.
 
We are waiting for the doctor to step out from the ward and tell us Sunhyun's condition. Even jealousy can't get rid my anxiety towards her condition now.
 
Friendship still gets hold on me somehow. I know both of them are not less worried than me.
 
I was looking for Taemin, my friend who had a music store. He promised me a new album of my favorite artist and we agreed to meet in front of the School of Dance building. He texted me that he needed to meet his lecturer for a while so I decided to take a walk around.
 
I stopped when I saw someone was holding Sunhyun on his arms. Her shoulder was bleeding and she was unconscious.
 
"Sunhyun!" I rushed to her side and took her from the man. "What happened, Changsun? Why is she bleeding?"
 
"It's an accident...," Changsun replied me with pale face. "L-Let's bring her to the hospital first."
 
Afraid that she would have serious wound, I asked random student to help me bring Sunhyun to the hospital. I called Hari and Yoseob, telling them to go to the hospital as quick as possible.
 
Changsun didn't follow me to the hospital. I tried to call his phone but I couldn't reach him. What was he doing? How could he be the one who found Sunhyun?
 
Hari and Yoseob arrived around ten minutes after Sunhyun entered the ward. After I told them about Sunhyun's wound, Hari's tears rolled down.
 
"Changsun is the one who found her," I cleared my throat. "I don't know why he was around there though."
 
"Changsun?" Hari looked up. She looked really surprise to hear the name. "Yoseob, have you met the person I told you?"
 
Yoseob's eyes widened upon her question. I had no idea what were they talking about but Yoseob finally mumbled, "Sunhyun told me that she would meet the person because I need to work on my project. Wait, is Changsun..."
 
We stopped our discussion with awkward silence.
 
"Changsun planned this?" I said with disbelief. "Why did he want to do this to Sunhyun?"
 
"Not to her," Yoseob shaked his head sadly. "He wanted to meet me. His target was me. He didn't expect Sunhyun to be the one to come for him."
 
"Why did he-" I didn't want to believe it but a thought crossed my mind: Changsun was the one who sent the warning letters to Yoseob.
 
But why?
 
"Miss Cho is alright but I must inform you that she has shoulder fracture due to the explode. It was a small one but she was hit really close," the doctor explains to us briefly. "It will heal soon but she can't do any movement with her right shoulder for mean time. At least for two or three months."
 
"She must wear a strap and sling around the chest too keep the collar bone in place," the doctor continues. "She needs to stay in hospital for a few days before return to her routinity."
 
"Two or three months?" Yoseob repeats the statement. "But she has work to do. If she can't use her right shoulder, doesn't it mean she can't play the piano?"
 
I lower my gaze. Yoseob is right. Until Sunhyun is healed, looks like there is no way Renaitre will perform without Sunhyun.
 
But as long as Sunhyun is alright, I don't want to think about another problem.
 
After the doctor leaves us, I turn to Hari and Yoseob who are dumbfounded because of the explanation, "I'm leaving first."
 
They look up to me with confusion so I explain, "I need to meet Changsun. I'm going to ask him about the truth. As for now please take care of Sunhyun."
 
"I'm going with you," Hari tugs my sleeve. "If he is really the one who sent the letters to  Yoseob, I need to talk with him."
 
"Hari, it's not your fault," Yoseob tells her but Hari shakes her head and forces a smile, a sign that she holds a responsibility for this incident.
 
"Call me if Sunhyun has woke up," Hari returns her gaze to me. "Let's go."
 
"I'll take care of her," I smile to Yoseob. "Don't worry."
 
 
♫ Yang Yoseob ♫
 
It's been an hour since Hari and Gikwang left to meet Changsun. I'm still waiting for Sunhyun to open her eyes, sitting next to her bed.
 
Instead of thinking about what Hari and Gikwang are doing, I am blaming myself for what happened to Sunhyun.
 
It should be me.
 
It should be me who is laying on the bed right now, not her. If I didn't accept her offer, she wouldn't be like this right now. I should have been more careful.
 
Yang Yoseob, look what you've done.
 
Sunhyun's finger moves and I immediately hold her hand, "Sunhyun?"
 
She opens her eyes really slow and then looks at me. A weak smile forms on her lips when she sees me.
 
"How do you feel?" I embrace her hand. "Don't move too much. Tell me if you need something, okay?"
 
"What...," she manages to utter a question, "...happened?"
 
"Gikwang found you wounded and he brought you to hospital immediately. You...," I stop for seconds to choose the right words to explain her condition. "Your shoulder is fractured, Sunhyun. It will take around two or three months until it heal."
 
"What?" she frowns, doesn't believe what she just heared. "I... I can't play piano? I can't teach my students?"
 
"I'm sorry, Sunhyun," I apologize to her with sad eyes. "If only I didn't let you to meet this person, you shouldn't be like this. I'm so sorry, Sunhyun."
 
A tear escapes her eyes but she tries to control herself. She takes a deep breath and looks at me softly, "Don't blame yourself. It's an accident. No one knew it would happen."
 
"But still-" I want to apologize again but she interrupts my apology.
 
"It's Changsun," Sunhyun blurts out. "He is the one who put the box for you. When I took the box, he told me to put it down. He said it's not for me. He was targetting you."
 
So our assumption is right.
 
"Gikwang and Hari are taking care of him," I lift her hand near my cheek so it can feel the warmth. "Don't worry about it. Take a good rest, will you?"
 
Sunhyun returns the embrace of my hand slightly and says, "If only you can always be this sweet for me..."
 
My heart sinks because of her words. I forgot that she likes me.
 
"I'm going to tell your parents," I try to divert the conversation. "Just tell me if you need something, okay?"
 
"Yoseob," Sunhyun calls me when I stand up to grab a glass of water for her. "If you're doing this because you're feeling guilty, please stop. Don't make me fall harder for you when you are only looking at me with pity."
 
I hold my breath. Yes, I am feeling guilty. I am responsible for her wound and I must do something about it.
 
Even without asking Hari first, I've decided that I will take care of Sunhyun until she is back to her best state again. Even if it means I need to spend my whole time with Sunhyun and not Hari.
 
"What are you talking about?" I fake a smile and walk to her. "Can't I care for you?"
 
Her cheeks turn into pink and another uneasy feeling strikes me again.
 
Is this the right thing to do?