.:22:. Wait : Found

Have You Ever
♫ Cho Sunhyun ♫
 
I intertwine my fingers together, putting them near my lips.
 
"God, please don't let anything bad happen to her," I murmur, whispering the prayer for Hari. I close my eyes, trying to focus for the smallest noise.
 
It's almost an hour since Hari fell down from the edge of the slope and there is no sign of her till this moment. Jo Kwon has asked his workers to find Hari.
 
Both Gikwang and Yoseob rushed along with them to find Hari. They demanded me to stay because I might hurt myself as well if I followed them.
 
"She will be alright," Yuseon comforts me, pulling me into a sisterly hug. I just stopped crying because I'm really afraid something happened to Hari. "Don't worry. They will find her."
 
I take a deep breath, preventing myself from crying again. I know crying won't help Hari. What should I do for her?
 
When some workers return back to the cottage to join us, they report to Jo Kwon that they still haven't found Hari even though they have trailed right where Hari fell down.
 
"Where are Yoseob and Gikwang?" I blurt out, making the other participants of the camp to turn to me. They have been discussing about this accident for the whole hour. "Where are two boys who followed you down?"
 
"They are still looking for the girl. Don't worry, they are not alone," one of the workers answer me with an assuring smile. He looks at the window, "I hope it won't rain before we find her."
 
The sky is dark and I'm pretty sure it will rain soon. I'm really worried now yet I can't do anything.
 
I take a seat near the window, hoping that I will see Hari, Gikwang, and Yoseob walking back to the cottage together.
 
"Please return safe," I whisper to myself, clenching my fists silently. "I'm waiting for all of you here."
 
 
♫ Lee Gikwang ♫
 
"Hari!" I shout loudly just to receive the silence as the answer. I stop and catch my breathe. I've been running around for the last hour, looking for the sign of Hari.
 
But she is nowhere to be found.
 
I take a glance at Yoseob and he is leaning his back against the tree, trying to calm down. He wipes away his sweat and his eyes check our surroundings again.
 
Even after some workers returned to the camp because of the dark sky, we still insist to look for Hari. We can't leave her alone while we don't know her condition is.
 
I swear I will never forgive myself if something bad happen to her. If only I didn't force the kiss to her. If only I waited just a little bit more to talk with her. If only I wanted to hold myself from being a fool.
 
"We need to return now," one of the two workers says. "We have called police and ambulance to come. It's going to rain, young men."
 
I don't want to return before I find Hari. What if she is hurting right now? What if she is...
 
Aish, I don't even want to think about the possibility.
 
When I open my mouth to answer them, the sound of blowing whistle makes us to shut our mouths. Someone blows the whistle again and I look at Yoseob.
 
"It's Hari!" Yoseob states with serious expression. "She uses the whistle I gave to her!"
 
Not even bothering about what he meant with the whistle he gave to her, I rush to find where she is from the sound. We walk pass the tall trees and we are closer to the sound now.
 
I close my eyes and try to focus. Where is Hari?
 
I swear I will do anything if I find her safe. I'll do anything as long as she is alright. Even if she wants me to stay away from her, I'll do it.
 
God, please, protect her.
 
"Hari!" Yoseob calls out her name.
 
I open my eyes and rush to Yoseob. I find him squatting down in front of Hari. I can see he is holding his urge to hug Hari because Hari is bleeding.
 
She is conscious but her head is bleeding and there are scratches on her arms and legs. Her clothes are messed up. She even lost one of her shoes, meaning she walked around the forest with one bare foot.
 
"Hari!" I rush to her, feeling relieved to see her. At least she is alive and nothing extreme happened to her.
 
Suddenly she pulls Yoseob's sleeve so she can hide behind Yoseob. She bites her bottom lip and, when our eyes meet, she hides her face behind Yoseob.
 
"H-Hari?" I stammer. Why is she acting as if she is afraid of me?
 
 
♫ Yoon Hari ♫
 
I open my eyes slowly. My head is really hurt and I try to rub my temple. My fingers touch the blood from one side of my forehead.
 
I'm bleeding.
 
Wait, why am I bleeding?
 
I try to move my body but I feel total pain because there are scratches on my body. I only wear one shoe on my left feet and my clothes are dirty because of the soil.
 
I close my eyes, trying to remember what happened and why I am here alone.
 
I remember I was walking around the forest with some people. And then someone chased after me. We were arguing about something I don't remember and then I ran away from him.
 
I frown, trying to remember the rest of what just happened to me because I can't remember it.
 
When I ran away, I fell down because I lost my balance. There was someone in front of me but he didn't help me.
 
I gasp in shock when the face comes across my mind.
 
Gikwang.
 
It's Gikwang. Why didn't he help me? Was he the one who made me fall? What were we arguing about? What happened between us?
 
Wait. Why can't I remember it?
 
"Ugh," my head hurts and my throat is really dry that I can't even say a word clearly. Did I lose my voice too?
 
I try to stand up carefully, feeling the pain is torturing me. I don't know what happened but I know I must find someone to help me now.
 
I drag my feet to walk around, looking for whoever I can find. When I decide to rest under a tree, I realize that I have a whistle around my neck.
 
Ah, I remember. Yoseob gave it to me. But why did he give this white whistle to me?
 
"I will come for you no matter where you are."
 
Yoseob said that to me after gave me the whistle. I remember his soft smile to me and suddenly my heart beats faster.
 
I put the whistle near my lips and I blow it, hoping that someone will find me. I can see the sky turns darker; it's going to rain soon.
 
I blow the whistle again and again, putting my best effort. After blowing it around ten times, I hear footsteps so I blow the whistle again.
 
"Hari!" Yoseob finds me. He rushes to my side while I lower the whistle and look at him; he sighs in relief, "Thanks God you're alive."
 
When I want to answer him, another person shows up. I turn and my eyes widen when I see the person is Gikwang.
 
"Hari!" he approaches me and then another memory flashes in my mind: I cried because of him. I don't remember why but he didn't wipe my tears away.
 
My heart aches by the blurry memory. I don't want to see his face. I tug Yoseob's sleeve and hide behind his back.
 
"H-Hari?" Gikwang calls out my name with doubt. Even just listening him mentioned my name makes my heart to feel unexplained pain.
 
Why? Why do I feel like I want to cry when I see his face?
 
 
♫ Yang Yoseob ♫
 
"We have treat her wound," the nurse comes out from the ward and explains to us. "She is eating her dinner. You may see her now."
 
"Thank you," I mutter and rush to find Hari is drinking a glass of water. Both Gikwang and Sunhyun follow me behind.
 
"Hari," my lips turn into a curve as I approach her. She looks at me and gives me a weak smile while she puts down the glass. Her smile quickly disappears when her eyes land on Gikwang.
 
She immediately looks away, clenching her fists. Even though the doctor told us that her wound is not really serious, I have a really bad feeling.
 
"You," Sunhyun turned to Gikwang with a deadly glare while we were waiting in front of the ward where the doctor was examining Hari. "Tell me what you did to Hari until she ran away like that."
 
We left the camp with Jo Kwon's permission. Yuseon insisted that she wanted to come along but Sunhyun assured her to wait for them at the camp.
 
I brought Hari on my back and she wrapped her arms around my neck during the walk, making my heart to beat rapidly. I noticed that she would bury her face on my back when Gikwang glance at her.
 
I wondered what Gikwang did that made Hari to avoid him this bad.
 
"She was crying. She told me to go away and it hurt me to see her tears...," Gikwang held his breath. "I kissed her."
 
"What?!" I blurted out and stood up. I grabbed him by collar and glared at him. "Why did you do that?! You rejected her, Gikwang! Are you playing around with her?!"
 
"Yoseob!" Sunhyun hissed, trying to calm me down. "We're in hospital! Calm down!"
 
I released him collar and sat down again, looking away from him. My rage got into me and I almost punched his face. Hari loved him but he rejected her before, right?
 
Then why did he kiss Hari?
 
Before he could answer me, the nurse came out from the ward to inform us about Hari's condition, telling us to fill the administration form for Hari.
 
"Hari," Sunhyun holds her hand with a soft gaze. "I'm glad you're alright. Are you feeling better now?"
 
Hari nods but she has a confused look on her face. I take my phone out and give it to her, "I know your voice hasn't returned yet. Use this to answer me, okay?"
 
She takes it and looks at me. I take a deep breath and ask the question, "Do you remember about what happened?"
 
Hari turns her eyes to my phone and starts typing her answer. She stops all of a sudden and frowns but then she continues again. She shows the screen to me.
 
"We were at musician camp and we walked around the forest together. I was arguing with Gikwang. I think I fell because he pushed me down."
 
My eyes widen in shock when I read her last sentence.