.:1:. Friendship : Love

Have You Ever
♫ Yoon Hari ♫
 
I tap my pen on the table, making the tapping sound to fill the room. I rest my elbow on the table, touching my chin with my index fingers.
 
"Yah, Hari, can you stop doing that?" a familiar sound scolds me. He plugs his earphone out from his ears and walks to me. "I can't concentrate with the music, you know."
 
"Sorry, Gikwang" I put down the pen, grinning awkwardly. I don't know how long I have been doing that since it is my bad habit when I'm thinking of something. "It's the lyrics for our next song."
 
"Let me see," Gikwang takes a look at the paper, standing right behind me. He reaches out his arms, placing his palms on the table and cages me between his muscular arms while I'm sitting quietly. "Another ballad song?"
 
I want to answer his question but the words are stuck. My heart is racing. I'm sure my face is burning red now and I can't let him know because he is going to tease me when he finds out about it.
 
"Yah, Hari," he bows down a little until his lips are right next to my ear. I can feel his warm breathe on my skin. "Are you blushing because of me?"
 
Great. So much of controlling myself in front of him.
 
"You wish," I turn away quickly, avoiding his eyes. My long hair swings along with my turning head, causing it to hit his face lightly.
 
"Aigoo! It hurts!" he complaints, straightening his body. "You are so cruel, Hari."
 
I look at his face, checking whether he is serious or not. But he has his usual playful grin on his face so I know he is only teasing me.
 
I sigh, rubbing my temple with my fingers, "Gikwang ah, you should stop teasing me. What will your fans think when they see you treat me this way?"
 
"They will think that I'm a sweet guy who cares for my groupmate," he says with confidence. "Come on, it's not like we just knew each other yesterday. We are best friends!"
 
My heart sinks immediately upon the 'best friend' words.
 
Yes, I will never walk out from the line of friendship. No matter how much I love him.
 
Knowing that he was once cheated by his ex-girlfriend who had a secret relationship with his used-to-be best friend, Gikwang told me that friendship is more important than love. Meaning that he doesn't want love to ruin his friendship.
 
Meaning... I don't stand a chance to tell him about my feeling without getting rejected.
 
"Besides I must be the one who worries about your fans if I keep teasing you," Gikwang ruffles my long hair happily. "I'm a shy, shy, shy boy~"
 
"Yah!" I protest but he keeps ruffling my hair with excitement. I don't know why he likes teasing me this much.
 
He leans closer, really close that his lips are touching my hair now. He inhales deeply, smirking arrogantly, "I love your sweet scent, Hari."
 
I swear my heart is going to explode if he stays any longer.
 
 
♫ Yang Yoseob ♫
 
"Can you please give this letter to Gikwang Oppa?" the girl in ponytail hands me a pink envelope. I know that it's another love letter. I can't even count the number anymore. "Please."
 
I sigh heavily since I can't refuse a request, not even from someone I don't know. I take the envelope from her, "Sure. I'll give it to him."
 
"Thank you Yoseon!" she chirps and runs away, giggling with her other friends who are waiting for her.
 
"It's Yoseob! Yang Yoseob!" I shout, telling her my name but she walks away, ignoring me. I groan, blaming myself from being such a messenger between Gikwang and his fans.
 
There is nothing you can do when you are a best friend of the most popular guy in your university. Lee Gikwang and I have been best friends since our first year.
 
Now that we're studying in our second year, his popularity has increased rapidly. He is the leader of a group named Musique, derived from the French word of music. It's not like it is an official group under a infamous music label but they are thinking about applying for it though. Musique is well known around the area as a breakthrough in university music groups.

Gikwang's fans are all over the university, even the girls from other universities sometimes come over to confess.
 
Tell me what the definition of popular now. Muscular arms, good looking, great vocal, open minded, and charming. Gikwang has everything.
 
I walk to Musique's room, a room they have for themselves after they won an annual competition around six months ago, a proof that they are serious about music and they can make our university proud.
 
Without even bothering to knock since I have been in and out around, I open the door, holding the envelope firmly, "Yah, Gikwang, you have ano-"
 
My words are cut off because of the scene I'm looking. Gikwang is leaning really close to Hari. The close distance that can make you think that he is going to kiss her.
 
"Yoseob!" Gikwang greets me cheerfully. He steps closer to me, looking at the pink envelope. "What is it?"
 
"Your fan asked me to give it to you," I hit his chest with the envelope lightly. "You owe me a lunch for this."
 
"Yah! I don't ask you to do it for me!" Gikwang complaints as my eyes land on Hari. Gikwang keeps complaining but I ignore him.
 
Hari is looking at the floor and I can see her cheeks are flushed pink. After seconds, she looks up at me and gives me a sweet smile, making the butterflies in my stomach to dance.
 
Looking at her like this makes my heart to flutter.
 
Will she ever realize my feeling towards her?
 
 
♫ Lee Gikwang ♫
 
I read the love letter from a girl named Park Jihwang. She is a first year student from another major. She wrote about how she has fallen from me after she watched my performance two months ago.
 
I smile sheepishly, folding back the letter and put it back inside the envelope. As usual, I'm not going to reply this letter. I have too many letters to reply if I'm going to reply them one by one.
 
Hari has told me that I'm being cruel with ignoring all love letters but, hey, they keep sending me everyday.
 
"Not going to say something to her?" Yoseob takes a seat in front of Hari while she is putting her documents in order. "I think she really likes you."
 
"They admire me," I grin, putting the envelope in a shelf. "They are my fans, Yoseob. They don't love me as in want-to-be-lover term."
 
"Cocky as ever," Hari says with sarcasm, the one attitude she has that makes me want to everyday. "Maybe you should consider trying as a solo soon, Gikwang."
 
"Hari ah," I raise my eyebrow, planning to start teasing her again, "are you jealous?"
 
Just like what I thought, Hari starts to blush. She denies it quickly, making her to stammer, "Y-Yah! S-stop being cocky!"
 
"Gikwang," Yoseob mutters my name with a hint of warning. He crosses his arms, shaking his head as a sign that I should stop my jokes.
 
I shrug with a smile, chuckling at Hari's innocent reaction. Who can blame me for being this way when I have a cute groupmate like her?
 
Hari has been a really good friend for me. Being a friend who shares an interest with music, we get along pretty quick. When I found out that she has a beautiful voice, I asked her to form a group together.
 
While Yoseob has been supporting me all the time. Even though I've been betrayed by someone who dared to call himself as my best friend in the past, I believe Yoseob will never do the same. Let me say that he has been like a manager for Musique, my group name.
 
As much as I love to tease Hari, I feel glad that she stays with me. And she has announced to our fans before to assure them that we don't have any special relationship. That makes me feel relieved since I know we're best friends for life.
 
The door is suddenly swung open by someone who is holding a bouquet of red roses.
 
 
♫ Cho Sunhyun ♫
 
I am on my way to Musique's room to meet up with Hari and Gikwang. I need to tell them about the offer I receive from a senior to perform in next week festival.
 
Suddenly a man who is wearing white suit stops my step, standing right in front of me with a bouquet of red roses.
 
"Red roses for the most beautiful girl," he winks at me, giving the bouquet for me. He bows down in ninety degrees, "Only for you, my lady."
 
After that he leaves without even introducing himself. I don't bother to ask him since I know he is just another fan that wanted to give me a present. I smell the roses and smiles, continuing my steps to the room.
 
I open the door and find both my groupmates and Yoseob are talking. Their eyes stop at me and the roses.
 
"The princess is back," Gikwang smiles widely. I put the bouquet on the table before drag a chair to Hari's side. "Another confession?"
 
"Look who's talking, Prince," I stick out my tongue. "I'm sorry for being a partner of the most popular guy."
 
"And I'm sorry for being a partner of the most popular girl," Gikwang replies calmly without hesitation, making me to laugh at his expression.
 
"I'm not the most popular girl. Yuseon is," I say calmly. Despite knowing that Il Yuseon is Gikwang's ex-girlfriend, I know he will stop teasing me as the most popular girl when I mention the name.
 
People sometimes assume that we are a couple but we are nothing more than best friends. Well, except the fact that we are really close because I do admire him for being this charming.
 
"And I'm sorry for being not popular," Hari leans to the chair, puffing her cheeks playfully. "I'm so stuck with you two."
 
Gikwang is the one who asked me to form a group with him and Hari around eight months ago because he knows that I love music. That's when I met Hari, a kind hearted girl who became my best friend quickly.
 
"And I'm sorry for being nobody," Yoseob joins in with our jokes. He shrugs and smiles softly, making us to smile along with him.
 
How I wish four of us will always stay together forever.