... My First Love

Your Sky Is Sorrowful
Please log in to read the full chapter

…My First Love

 

(Hyemi’s POV)

 

It’s kind of funny actually having both of us sneaking into someone’s backyard and hid behind bushes like young trouble makers. I find it much sillier to see the young teenager who acts like an adult acting once in a while like a normal childish kid.

You’d probably be laughing if you’re in my place right now.

 

“SHH!” Jungkook told me to stop giggling. I just couldn’t take it. I really was excited to prank my own childhood friend especially when I’m a ghost. I covered my lips with both of my hands trying to stop myself from bursting to laughter.

We both looked at the beautiful friend of mine who was sitting outside at the seat provided. She used to go outside to have fresh air, trying to clear her mind whenever she’s stressed.

Jungkook still didn’t know that Ahra is one of my childhood friends. We even see each other in diapers.

 

“Okay, here are the rocks I want you throw at her.”

 

Jungkook showed me 5 rocks in different sizes that made me shocked.

 

“Are you kidding me? One is enough! And… what the hell is this?!”

I picked up the largest among them that weighs quite heavy than the other rocks. My brows furrowed, thinking if Jungkook was out of his mind.

He’s so vengeful.

He rolled his eyes and then took the piece of rock from my hands and shoved it off, throwing it away – changing his mind.

“Alright, three then.”

“Three is still too much. We’ll get caught easily!”

“We?” he laughed leaving me confused.

Wait. I’m a ghost!! I stood and face-palmed myself from being so silly. Why should I hide when no one could see me?

I looked at Jungkook who suddenly have this rare smile on his face, though he wasn’t smiling at me but his smile somehow soft and warm.

 

He should smile more often.

 

“You’re right.”

His words were shocking – I almost thought that he could read my mind.

“One is enough,” he told as he return to look at me.

I stuttered, “Yeah. Should I throw it now?”

Jungkook nodded and turned his gaze to look at Ahra. I gulped and picked one of the rocks, a medium-sized one and went closer to my sitting ‘Umma’.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

(Ahra’s POV)

 

I sighed as the night breeze blew. I looked at the dark trees and then at the small garden at the backyard. Then I chortled to myself reminding my clumsy friend that was with me ever since we both were in diapers.

I used to live with Hyemi’s family after my mother’s death until my father came to Seoul with another new mother, my stepmother. To me, Hyemi is like a little sister, so I really care about her like any big sister would do.

Hyemi’s death is like having one of my family dead.

 

Do you remember about your promise, Hyemi?

“I promise… I promise that I will never ever leave you. Satisfied?”

I know that you promised that just to cheer me up after my stepmother’s death.

“We are creations, Ahra. Whatever that is created, it will never last forever.”

You’re right. You’re totally right.

“Everything will die out in whatever way that is been given.”

You shouldn’t have promise

Please log in to read the full chapter