... There Is Trust

Your Sky Is Sorrowful
Please log in to read the full chapter

… There Is Trust

 

It was summer and it was a very hot Saturday with many disturbing actions coming from outdoors which Jungkook really hate. He rather stays inside in his apartment, sleeping even without eating anything than going outside sweating under the hot day – especially when he was told to be having a blind date with a stranger.

The young teenager walked down the sidewalk with a cat following him from behind and two invisible beings that could only be seen by those who have the ability to see them. The blue sky was clear, showing up the sun heating the people underneath it that was walking on earth, sweating. The road beside the group was also clear without having one car passing by them – which is probably because most people rather stayed in their houses, facing the fan, cooling their selves.

Azra couldn’t take it. She wanted to faint under that hot weather, she even asked Hyemi to pick her up and carry her but Hyemi refused after all they have been scaring people by showing a flying cat which was actually Hyemi carrying Azra.

Azra mewed loudly a few times, purposely making the others annoyed as they walk at the sidewalk, reaching the meeting place.

 

“There,” Hyemi pointed at the young beautiful 15 year old girl standing near a light pole wearing a pink dress and have this girly aura behind her. Her hair was nicely arranged, having a pony-tail behind her head and a clip for her bangs. She was waiting for Jungkook while reading her favorite novel that she brought along with her handbag.

She is Minrin’s little sister, Minji, a girl that is hard-to-get. Minji is like Hyemi when she was in High School, a person who thinks love doesn’t suits her at all but Hyemi managed to free herself from that thought because Himchan clearly made her fall in love for the first time.

And Minji is still stuck in that thought of hers. Romance isn’t important to her, it’s just another point to achieve complete happiness – and she can do that later on after she finally graduated High School.

 

Jungkook sighed and then turned to look at Hyemi with a face saying, ‘Must I do this?’ Hyemi understood that and gave a slight nod, “I want you to be cheerful and charming. Make her fall in love with you! Don’t act cold!!” Hyemi reminded him the same few things that she had told him earlier, making her look like a mother to him.

“I know I know… But how could this help me get closer to your other friends?”

Jungkook was worried that everything he will do that day would be a waste. But what he doesn’t know was that Hyemi was much more worried. She, of course, knew that Jungkook is the opposite of all those things she said – will Minji take it?

And what if her plan doesn’t work at all? Jungkook will be furious and she had to make excuses that includes with lies all over.

 

“We’ll see…,” Hyemi mumbled as an answer. Jungkook was overwhelmed by Hyemi’s mumbling. He knew that Hyemi didn’t think this over. It was as if she was playing around with him, teasing him… He had thoughts of not wanting to do it further but Hyemi’s face that also looked quite worried stopped him from doing so.

He sighed again and breathed in, holding his anger towards Hyemi and walked towards the woman.

 

Wonder what happened when Hyemi told Jungkook about that plan of hers before? Let’s go back to Wednesday night.

 

“No.”

That was the first thing that came out from Jungkook’s mouth having Hyemi’s jaw dropped; she didn’t expect that Jungkook would refuse her straightforwardly.

“B-but you said you’ll do anything I ask you to!!”

Jungkook bit his lower lip looking quite frustrated.

“Curse my mouth from saying so.”

 

Jungkook glared at Hyemi showing how angry he was that she set up a blind date for him without discussing with him first.

“Well we can’t back out now. I told Minnie that I have chosen you to help her with her wedding celebration,” Hyemi stated having her arms crossed under her chest. The sky began to darken giving the people under it a sign that it will be night time but the two different beings was still outside at the balcony facing the tall tree, staring at each other like wild cats.

Jungkook realized something in Hyemi’s statement, “Wait!! Wedding celebration?!” Hyemi only nodded, looking confident.

“Okay, okay… can you just explain what’s actually going on?!”

 

Hyemi stared at him, blank. Oh right. I should explain it to him first. Hyemi face-palmed herself, thinking, no wonder he got angry. He didn’t know a thing about this plan!

Hyemi inhaled some air and then explained it all to him, “I pretended to be your mother and called my friend whom I promised to help her plan her wedding ceremony. I told her that I, before I died, I have prepared someone to help her with it when I am unable to do so.”

Understanding her explanation, Jungkook sighed, “And that someone is me?” Hyemi nodded while grinning.

“You’re an idiot.”

“What? It’s-it’s a great plan!”

“Do you actually think that she would, wait no, anyone would believe that a 17 year old boy can be a wedding planner?”

“No…,” Hyemi mumbled when she realized that what Jungkook told her was right. “But we can’t refuse them now! Minnie is probably excited to meet you, knowing that I am the one sending you as my substitute.”

 

Jungkook looked at Hyemi whose eyes were hopeful. He sighed, considering Hyemi’s words – deciding to step back and join her unlikeable plan.

“Alright,” he admitted defeat, “You made me quite shocked by calling it a ‘blind date’ when it isn’t one. You should have told me straight!”

“I was thinking of teasing you, that’s all,” Hyemi chuckled, recapping the silly look on Jungkook’s face when he heard the news.

 

Suddenly she found that Jungkook had this soft look on his face. Even though his smile was only a little but you could tell how soft and warming it is.

But what made her much more surprised is that Jungkook suddenly had his fingers touching her cheek, sliding on it. Hyemi was blank – she was speechless and frozen due to that sudden action of his. She could feel the warmth of his fingertips as they slide down off her face.

Unlike other girls, Hyemi couldn’t feel her heartbeat for it is already dead. She could only think that if she was still alive, her heart would be racing by now, her cheeks would be totally red and she would be sweating because of the heat.

Jungkook stared at her closely, gazing to her innocent-looking eyes. His face slowly moved closer and closer...

 

Then he stopped and pulled himself away with eyes confused and brows narrowed. He turned around and left the balcony, going back inside leaving Hyemi with unanswered questions.

 

Hyemi was speechless watching his weird actions. What… was that?

Deep inside of her, she began to realize that Jungkook was beginning to change a little and she thought it was creepy.

 

“So he agreed to do so?” V asked while leaning at the sliding door, facing Hyemi with his hands inside his pockets. Hyemi tilted her head to look at him and nodded. V stared at Hyemi’s face when she suddenly made a disgust look, “So creepy,” Hyemi muttered.

“What’s so creepy?” he asked. Hyemi shake her head, wanting to let that aside and changed the subject, “About that beautiful woman, my Sender, is she… nice?”

V walked towards the stand, putting his arms on it, standing beside her, “Krystal used to be an angel from the Other Side, you know.” Hyemi’s eyes widened to his words, “So she’s called Krystal… wait an angel?! No wonder

Please log in to read the full chapter