Status Is...

Your Sky Is Sorrowful
Please log in to read the full chapter

Status Is…

 

I have a bad feeling about this, Hyemi thought. I don’t like this.

The ghost moved forward towards the dark hallway after calling out Jungkook’s name for more than three times. It was still 8 pm and she thought it was impossible for Jungkook to be asleep at that early hour. She called out for V too but V wasn’t there. She knew that he was out somewhere like he had been doing the days before. Slowly, she walked towards Jungkook’s room where the door was slightly opened.

The sounds of tick tock made by the clock conquered the abode, joined by the light rays of the bright moon and the dark corners of the hallways were making Hyemi nervous for she supposed that the prospect that she was in is similar with the scene from a horror movie she once watched. She hesitated to peek behind the opened door to Jungkook’s bedroom and started to make excuses to why she shouldn’t and why she should.

It’s rude to peek. What if he’s changing right now? But what if he fainted? What if he’s murdered? Why am I over-reacting?!

She shook. “Stop over-reacting, will you?!” she told herself in a soft tone. With the left air that she inhaled, she squint her eyes and slowly peeked.

“AAAAAGH!” she screamed after seeing a pale, ghostly face that was making a shock look. She shut her eyes as she shrieks. As her shriek of horror softened, she could hear Jungkook laughing. Having one of her eyes opened, she stared at the teenager who was laughing so hard while holding a mirror. There, she realized she was made fun of.

 

“You’re scared of your own reflection!!” he snorted and continued to laugh. “You should have seen your face! Wait… you did!” Hyemi was surprised and was trying to pick up what just happened. After catching up, she realized and blushed, embarrassed.

“You are… so cruel!” she enraged but Jungkook ignored her for he couldn’t stop laughing. “It’s not funny!!”

Jungkook legs were beginning to weaken that he fell on his , still holding the mirror and was still laughing. Hyemi watched him and couldn’t help but join him. They laughed and laughed. After a while of laughing, they paused and looked at each other, then chortled again.

 

The room was enlightened by the moon as the two smiling faces quiets. Hyemi who was sitting beside Jungkook glanced at the boy who was looking at the space in front of him.

And so the cold boy laughs. And now he’s smiling, she thought. It was the first time for her to see Jungkook laughing along with her.

“I’m sorry.”

Jungkook’s words of apology shocked Hyemi. Her ears tickled for it’s her first time, if she recalled, hearing those words from him. She has always wanted to hear him apologizing in their fights, she should be happy but at that moment, she was the opposite of being happy – she was sad. Her lips curved into a frown as her eyes showed guilt.

“You don’t have to. But do not ever scare me like that ever again! Please!”

“No. I’m not apologizing for scaring you. That is something really worth doing!”

Hyemi’s eyes widened and her corner lips frowned deeper and without waiting any longer, she asked with a curious tone, “So what are you apologizing for?”

Jungkook’s head turned to the side to face Hyemi and looked at her with both brows raised.

“You know what for. I kissed you remember?”

The silence made it all awkward. But Hyemi broke it as she spoke, “It’s alright. It’s only a kiss. I’ve already shared my first with my boyfriend so it’s not a big deal.”

Jungkook’s eyes widened. His fist tightened as his heart clenches. And Hyemi continued, “Those interactions is something I shouldn’t bother thinking. After all,” Hyemi paused and turned to look at Jungkook clearer.

“I’m already dead.”

 

“Then date me!”

 

Jungkook told as he glared at the pale-looking ghost beside him. His look showed his confidence and a sign that he will never take those words back. And Hyemi stared at him, stunned.

“What?”

“You said it shouldn’t bother you so go on a date with me tomorrow.”

“Is this another one of your surprises?”

Jungkook sighed to his disbelief of Hyemi’s reaction. “No, it’s not,” he told her.

“Then is it a joke? You must have a really bad sense of humor,” Hyemi bluntly just said with brows narrowed in incredulity. And this annoyed Jungkook even more.

“Say it with me. Date.”

“Date.”

“Tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow.”

“City Square.”

“City Square.”

“You. Me. Together.”

“What?”

Jungkook’s corner lip rose, smirking to the innocent-looking ghost. Dumb but cute, he thought.

“V stays.”

“Uh, okay?”

Hyemi understood the fact that Jungkook was asking for a date with her but it was hard for her to believe it. She’s a ghost and how could the living go out with the dead? Wouldn’t it look funny i

Please log in to read the full chapter