The Water's Surface

Your Sky Is Sorrowful
Please log in to read the full chapter

The Water’s Surface…

 

As the summer air breeze through the open window, a young girl sits still on the chair observing the questions that was on her question paper. She purposely clicked her mechanical pencil to waste her time and the clock joined in, ticking.

Minji yawned and turned back to focus on her summer homework. Beside her was the pile of books that she borrowed from her big sister, Minrin – a pile of research books. It’s nice to have a doctor as your sibling, don’t you agree?

But, Minji couldn’t focus. She flustered as she reminded the cute smiling face that Jungkook had pasted on his face – although it was actually a bogus smile. Her cheeks redden and she gave up, burying her face on her own arms above her desk. It has been a week since they both met – but they’ve only talked to each other once. Oh, how she wished to talk more with him, get to know him better. Like a fan who dreams big to meet an idol but yet even though they’ve meet, they can’t ever be close to know each other deeper.

But don’t get me wrong, it is still possible to befriend an idol.

 

Suddenly, there’s a knocking on the door. Minji called out to let the person enter and as she turned, she thought she was dreaming. Jungkook had this innocent-looking face as he peeked to call Minji, “Are you busy? Would you mind helping me buy some take-away dinner?”

The young girl’s jaw dropped. She shakes her head and with a fluster, she answered, “No, I’m not busy. I would love to help you.” Though Jungkook knew she was lying, he didn’t want to stop her – after all, he didn’t want to be the only one slaving to buy some dinner for a stranger.

Yes, though days have passed and Jungkook is already used to the Yoo family who thinks of him as a part of the family already, Jungkook still coldly admit them as strangers.

 

As they both walked down the – 3 in the afternoon – street and the wind was breezing, there was only silence between the two. Jungkook thought of it as normal while poor Minji thought of it as the opposite. She felt uncomfortable with it and she hoped to figure something to say to the person beside her. And then as she was about to say something and turned, she realized that Jungkook was etched. She thought, it was her fault – but actually it was the annoying, amazingly ghost that only Jungkook could see.

The loud ghost sang, “Jungkook and Minji up on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.” And this made the impatient young man angry. But then he inhaled in front of the poor, misunderstood Minji. Hyemi was having fun of course and V was having hyphens as his eyes while observing the hyper active Hyemi. She was feeling more alive than usual – though she’s dead – after Jungkook had lifted one of her burdens that were on her shoulders before by helping to liven up the sad childhood friend, Minrin. And the active mood of hers is the effect of it.

“Aw, let’s leave these two love birds alone, shall we?” Hyemi looked up at V and turned around, about to leave Jungkook alone with Minji.

“YOU BETTER NOT LEAVE ME!” Jungkook said aloud as he held Hyemi’s wrist, firmly, while not looking back at her. This made Minji shocked and palmed her chest. Hyemi gasped and V’s eyes widened.

Jungkook turned with cold sweat flowing down his head and gawked anxiously at Minji as his grasp on Hyemi’s wrist loosened. He draw in a bit of air and said seriously, “You better not leave me,” he paused to think up a continuation quickly, “When I’m gone to the toilet, okay?” All began to rise speechlessly, and so Minji who was stunned and sweating due to the unexpected reaction of Jungkook nodded, soundlessly.

Jungkook ambled into a shop in one of the buildings and pretend to find a washroom.

 

Hyemi was more staggered than ever. She observed Minji whose cheeks were all red and her lips were curling upwards – Minji was smiling like a young school girl in love. And Hyemi knew that Minji was actually smiling one. After all, she was also once a living girl.

But that was only one little thing bothering her mind. The other big thing that was bothering her was how Jungkook grasped her wrist and said those words that she dreamt Himchan saying. Her dead heart clenched and it was killing her from inside once again.

V watched Hyemi who was actually aching in front of him. He knew that he couldn’t do anything to help her and so he explained, “Your dead heart is clenching due to the feelings that half-working brain of yours are presenting.” “Half of my brain is still working?” “Yes.”

Hyemi smirked unexpectedly, “And here I thought those doctors’ research that I found from Google were jokes.” V smiled at the changing faces of Hyemi. He was glad to it.

The young man went out from the shop after finding a washroom. He noticed that the two invisible being were still there. Though he thinks the two are annoying but for onc

Please log in to read the full chapter