There's My Only Hope

Your Sky Is Sorrowful
Please log in to read the full chapter

...There’s My Only Hope

 

It was 6 in the Sunday morning. Many people gathered around with black clothing under the sky, shading under a tree and the sun was about to rise – probably you’d still be under your blanket knowing it was still early in the weekend.

 

These people looked doleful and some were crying. The body inside the coffin was put slowly and gently inside the hole that was perfectly dig in. Cries could be heard from faraway and this made Hyemi’s guilt weighed her heart. It gave a scar inside of her, thinking that it was all her fault that those who’ve done a lot for her was crying for her sake.

 

She was far behind them – thinking that it will only hurt her more if she went to see them crying closer.

 

The funeral ended and everyone began to walk down the hill leaving Himchan alone. Hyemi passes her sister who was helping the weak crying mother walking back to their car. She then looked at her friends, wiping their tears as they walked in hands with their boyfriends.

 

Hyemi walked closer to Himchan who was sitting on the ground and was staring at the written stone. He was sad – yet he wasn’t crying.

 

The invisible girl turned around, sitting behind Himchan’s back and yet she couldn’t feel anything. She stared at the sky that was about to become bright blue – she didn’t noticed that Himchan was looking at it too.

 

“Are you up there already?” Himchan spoke with a weak voice as he bkinked.

 

Hyemi was startled because of how his voice sounded. “No, I’m still here,” she replied with a smile, purposely.

 

“I hope you forgive me. It’s entirely my fault," he said regretfully.

 

“No. It’s not," Hyemi said quietly.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Himchan…”

 

“I could have saved you. I’m the reason why you died," Himchan said in a shaking voice. Tears began to crawl out from both their eyes. Himchan’s voice was trembling and so did Hyemi's.

 

“I love you… Please come back. I will make you smile again… I will stop hurting you. I will do ANYTHING… just please come back!”

 

“I’m sorry… I can’t…” Hyemi looked down at the ground.

 

“I can’t live like this, Hyemi!”

 

‘Love is something to live for,’ that was Himchan’s saying that kept ringing into her ears – not letting her to forget about it. But she’s dead now, there’s nothing to LIVE for.

 

“Hyemi, let’s leave him alone for now,” Azra advised Hyemi as she moved closer.

 

Himchan heard the cat mewed and he turned – thinking that Azra was calling for him. He fudged through Hyemi’s body that made Hyemi shocked. She quickly stood after leaving a gasp.

 

“Hei, are you here to visit Hyemi?” Himchan Azra’s fur made Azra happy. Hyemi smiled at his question – finding it silly. Azra then walked away following Hyemi who was about to leave that place.

 

“You must be really lucky to have a boyfriend like him,” Azra mewed. With a curious tone, Hyemi asked her with both eyebrows raised in confusion, “Why? You like him?”

 

“You must be lucky to be every day, gently.”

 

It sounded erted somehow in Hyemi’s mind.

 

… gently…

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

(Hyemi’s POV)

 

I sighed under the shady tree and was sitting on a bench with Azra beside me at the same park that I went to yesterday. It was already 1

Please log in to read the full chapter