... Is Crimson Red

Your Sky Is Sorrowful
Please log in to read the full chapter

… Is Crimson Red

 

Any love story has its hard times. Only the strongest and truest love will pass its test. And for Hyemi, there is no love for she is already dead. That’s what she thinks.

After that night where Jungkook unexpectedly kissed Hyemi, Jungkook woke up in the morning and walked into the kitchen to see the normal hyper Hyemi on her feet cooking breakfast for her only available hero that will save her from being Caged In.

“Good morning,” Hyemi greeted as she moved on to the sink and wiped off a glass to put on the table beside the sunny-side-up dish. Jungkook was speechless. He couldn’t comprehend to whether Hyemi forgot what happened or she was only pretending to and he was hesitant to remind her so, thinking it would probably hurt her to think about it. So he sat beside V and ate his breakfast.

Hyemi couldn’t look at Jungkook face-to-face. She only focused on the blender as it blends the kiwi juice inside. As she watches, she was constantly reminded the meeting of their lips as it merges and the warmth that blended in their kiss. GAH! Oh how she hopes she could sleep and think of it as a scene in her dream – but she couldn’t. She felt she was cheating on Himchan even though she knew that Himchan is only a memoir now. Even though she knew that she’s already dead and she can do anything she wants… but she never once had the thought on making out with someone else other than him. She was trying to forgive Jungkook. But the thought of his selfishness and not thinking of other’s feelings first were hurting her that she couldn’t forgive him full.

 

“Hey!” Jungkook grasped Hyemi’s wrist removing it from the blender’s cover. He turned the blender off realizing that the juice was now overly smooth just like water but greener. “Are you okay? You’re taking the blending too long that I finished eating,” he said with his brows pinched.

Hyemi slowly turned her gaze to her wrist and Jungkook followed. When he realized that he was still holding her wrist, he let go and gazed away. V was feeling awkward at the back still sitting with a comic book in his hands.

 

“I don’t think of you as someone else except as a little brother to me.”

 

Hyemi’s sudden words that came out stopped time and Jungkook thought his heart was no longer beating for he couldn’t hear it under the silence in the room. Hyemi’s pale face lifted to see his reaction and a curled smile so soft yet so depressing was pasted on it, “Are we clear?”

Jungkook snapped. He realized that Hyemi’s words angered him. So he made a cold frown like he always do. He turned and lifted the blender glass to fill in the empty cup that was put on the same counter, ignoring Hyemi’s question and Hyemi took that silence as an answer ‘yes’. As the ghost disappeared away to visit Azra, like she usually do every day to listen to the annoying cat’s banter of life, Jungkook realized that he wasn’t angry.

 

He was hurt.

 

V stared at him for a while and then stood. “I don’t understand humans. But I do understand that if,” he paused for a while to think of a better way to say the quote he was thinking of. “If you really love someone, you don’t have to wait to say it. Everybody wants to know that they are being loved.”

“It’s not that I am waiting!” Jungkook scoffed. Then he nervously realized that he was actually saying his feelings aloud to the Taker and he tried to brush it off, “It-it’s not that I like her.”

 

The Taker had dots for eyes as he couldn’t apprehend why Jungkook was trying to hide it. “And it’s not that I admire her!” Jungkook continued to fight as he was embarrassed. “Oh just get out of here, you dimwit!”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Honestly, I feel great.

Hyemi thought as she pretends to listen to the cat who was bantering.

I am sure that will create a line between us so we won’t cross it.

Hyemi was thinking that her words from before was the right thing to do for she doesn’t want any kind of romance between them – it will only hurt them both if there is. She doesn’t want anything like what had happened to Himchan and her happen to them both and she’s probably right.

“Hey! Hey! Are you listening?!” Azra called out and made a giggle out of Hyemi.

“Yes, I’m listening.” Hyemi replied with a lie. But Azra bought that and continued talking. Hyemi was delighted to be able to be with Azra when Himchan’s not home. Azra is like a friend who she could talk to – only that she’s a cat and not a person.

The b

Please log in to read the full chapter