... There Is A Letter

Your Sky Is Sorrowful
Please log in to read the full chapter

… There Is A Letter

 

There was something different in Jungkook’s view when he closed the door, entering his apartment. There was no sign of V watching the television or admiring the newspapers and Hyemi cooking dinner or wandering in the hallways – it was silent and remote. There was a feeling of pain in the young man’s chest; a nostalgic one. He looked around at the dark abode and strolled the area; from the kitchen behind the long counter; the living room; the balcony behind the sliding door of the living room; the hallways; the bathroom; and his room. But he found no other beings except him.

In his room, he fell onto his knees on the floor with his eyes widened to depression and pain – it looked like he was about to cry. But he blinked to avoid tearing. He was feeling lonely. He was feeling heartbrokened. He was feeling afraid.

“Hyemi!”

It sounded as though it was his first time calling for the ghost’s name (or maybe it is) and it brought him the chills but he repeated to call out for her, continuing his search from room to room. After a few times of calling, he then called out for V and then for Krystal. 3 times. 6 times. 9 times but not even a sound to reply him. “Anyone…,” he ended softly as he reached the sofa, weak. Jungkook fell and laid his one arm over the sofa, supporting his feeble self on the floor. It was 1945 at night; it was dark and cold. The only light came from the open balcony, reflecting the light from the large crescent moon. Suddenly, he could hear the sound of newspapers being clenched or picked up from the coffee table beside him. He slowly lifted his chin, siding his face to tilt and found V taking newspapers.

Hope, Jungkook quickly thought. He stood straight, facing V who was wearing the same straight-face. “Where’s Hyemi?” the young man asked casually, hiding the fact he was about to tear up. Jungkook could see, even though V’s look was straight-faced without any emotion set, there was a slight frown of sadness on his face. The Taker didn’t hesitated to explain the young man for he came there for that one reason. Jungkook should know. That’s what V felt. That’s what V believed.

“She’s at the Emptiness, waiting to be Caged-In.”

Jungkook was enraged as his eyes widened, brows narrowed, head wrinkled and fist sped towards V but it went through the insolid face. And another fist from the right but the same thing occurred. He lifted another fist and another one and another one, moving forward until he fisted the wall instead of the sad-faced Taker. He moaned painfully as the fist was still on the wall, firmly, and then weakened after another moan and V appeared behind, pitying the young man. He, once again, fell onto his knees and V let him be. The Taker only walked slowly, reaching out for the rest of the newspapers on the table.

“Why didn’t you stop her?” Jungkook questionned, shakingly. He sounded desperate to know. But only silence was the Taker’s answer. It is not that V was acting cold – no – he was feeling guilty and afraid and sad and all of those feelings mixed up at the same time that had him shut his mouth when the one question that V wish to avoid was asked. And Jungkook misunderstood it and said coldly, “Oh, I forgot. You, beings, don’t have feelings. You are all just pathetic, cruel, selfish-!”

“You are selfish.”

This shocked the young man’s soul.

“You are cruel.”

V’s sudden appearance in front of Jungkook made the young man choked as the Taker gripped the boy’s collar and lifted him in the air with a dark face.

“You are pathetic,” he paused and look daggers with Jungkook as the boy tried to free himself from the grip because it hurt. “Hyemi always believed in you. She cared for you. She wished to bond with you and you rejected her for that.” Jungkook couldn’t see the Taker’s eyes quite clearly now for his head hanged above his chest, avoiding contact with him. “She even considered you as one of her loved ones including Azra,” V continued and finally let loose the grip, putting Jungkook down.

The young man caught his breath finally and gaped at the Taker.

Loved one? He repeated the few words in his mind. A droplet fell onto the cheek of the Taker, as evidence that V was crying. Jungkook gaped more and realized the Taker was tearing up. “I have feelings. I am feeling envious of you,” V told, feebly. He was crying as a child. It is probably his first time doing so. He couldn’t control it neither do Jungkook as he was feeling awkward. So Jungkook only stood there, quietly. “I’ve been observing throughout the days we spent,” V clarified, feeling a little bit better. “How Hyemi cared for those loved ones. Now, I finally realized I was filled with envy to those people. I realized I have wished to be loved too.”

V could now understand fully what was going on inside of him; his little changes was for that wish. Without realizing, he was becoming an actual human who has emotions and feelings. “But now that Hyemi is gone and I can’t never see her again, I don’t know who else cares about this straight-faced, idiot Taker.”

Jungkook didn’t like the word ‘gone’. He knew – believing his instincts – that it wasn’t too late to save the ghost. He queried, “Is there a way to save her?” “What do you mean?” V was unsure to Jungkook’s question. He had a troublesome feeling and worry pasted on his face. But there is no doubt; there will always be a way. And V knew, “Hyemi is currently riding towards the dark cages where she will be Caged-In.” “Then, take me to her!”

V was astonished by the young man’s daring words; it wasn’t hesitation; neither it was sacrifise. It was bravery. “I can but the place is swarmed with emptiness and you won’t favour it,” the Taker told directly to remind Jungkook that it is not similar to the world he is now standing. But Jungkook didn’t take that to fear himself, “It is not about like or dislike. I can’t lose,” he paused for a short while and looked slightly away from V, “Someone I love twice.” He was referring to Sa Ra who was once ju

Please log in to read the full chapter