As I Am Mistaken...

Your Sky Is Sorrowful
Please log in to read the full chapter

As I Am Mistaken…

 

(Hyemi’s POV)

 

 

I miss Himchan. I wanted to see him and when I did see him, he was . No – I mean actually . I teleported to see him and I was there at the bathroom while he was taking a shower!

So I teleported back with my eyes covered with both of my hands, cheeks all red and heart races — no, it doesn't beat.

“You’re so naughty, Hyemi. Tsk, tsk, tsk…,” Azra was there too, following me to wherever I go. I picked her up and entered the room, rolling my eyes to Azra's talk. She WATCHED IT too!!

Where is this ROOM? Jungkook’s apartment is now my place to be. He agreed to help me and I followed him home even though he didn’t agree to that one.

His room was all messy with clothes, books, laptop, headphone and more was lying on the floor as if there were nowhere else to place them.

I had 98 days to go before being caged in the emptiness and I won’t let that happen – but my only hope was still sleeping in the daylight wasting his time. I mean… he could have used that time to help me find a way or just go out like normal teenagers and plus it was Monday – he was supposed to be at school!

 

“Wake up! Hey!” I threw the blanket away from his body and grabbed his pillow away from his head. “Wake up, sleepy head! You’re supposed to be at school!” I hit him with the pillow that was still in my hands and he woke up in a daze, still letting his eyes closed – blind because of the sunlight from the window that I opened widely.

 

“Why are you here?” he asked me, yawning.

It was just a day ago – how can he forget about our deal?

“Remember that you said you’ll help me to find a way back to the ‘Other Side’?”

“… and you promised to not bother me while I’m helping you? Yeah, I remember – and yet you’re bothering me!”

“But… but you’re not helping me! You’re sleeping!”

“And now I’m wide awake.”

 

He got up and rolled his eyes at me as he enters the bathroom.

Tch… This boy… I’m freaking 22 and he’s 17! That’s like 5 years difference! He’s supposed to be respecting me as I am older than him. Azra noticed me who was crossed and said, “Teenagers these days are blind to see who’s who.”

I nodded, pouting in agreement.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

“So here’s the idea. The Taker is the person in charge of taking the dead ones to the ‘Other Side’ while the Sender is the person in charge of sending the stray ones to the ‘Cage’ – and you should have known by now what the cage is, right?” Jungkook asked me as he sat on his bed after wearing his T-shirt with a thin book in his hands.

I sat straight beside him leaving Azra in between us. I nodded to his question, gulping.

Then his eyes continued to read the sentences in the book, “The Taker didn’t come to you because there is something that you must do.” Jungkook looked at me who was gulping, afraid of this ‘must do’ he told me.

“There is something that you left in this world that you must take it back before leaving,” he finished.

What was it that I left? I asked myself. I bit my lip and put my pointer slightly near it and turned to Jungkook.

He closed the book with both hands and looked at me with his brows confused, “I don’t understand. You’re perfect with eyes and nose – physically everything except for your dumb brain.”

“Hey!”

“He’s got a point though,” Azra interrupted.

“You’re on his side?!” I looked at Azra and lifted my hands indicating Jungkook.

“You can understand the cat talking to you?” he asked me.

“Wait… I thought you know a lot about the dead – and you didn’t know about that?!” I laughed, “I’ve been talking to her all day and you just noticed?” I indicated Azra who was cleaning her fur.

“Is it me or who’s the dumb brain now?”

 

Hah! Am I right or not?

“Hey dummy, have I ever said that I know a lot about the dead before?”

 

I shake my head with my eyes downcast, telling him no.

“Idiot.”

 

Yeah… he’s right and I’m wrong. I looked aside, feeling embarrassed to how childish I was. “So what is it that I need to do?” I asked him wanting to go back to the real subject.

“I think… you better go back to where you lived before and

Please log in to read the full chapter