Singing Praises...

Your Sky Is Sorrowful
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Note: Umma = Ahra    Sohyunnie = Sohyun    Minnie = Minrin

 

Singing Praises…

 

(Hyemi’s POV)

 

I should admit that I am an idiot but that doesn’t mean that I don’t have feelings!

I hit Jungkook’s back as he spurts his tea from inside his mouth to my quick-tempered Umma who was sitting in front, facing him on the couch with her boyfriend, Zelo, and Sohyunnie right sitting beside her. Her eyes were shut tightly as her face was all wet due to that surprising action making everyone in the room including Azra and V wide-eyed and speechless.

Jungkook didn’t turn to look at me who was behind him, having my arms crossed and my lips frowned over anger. He was probably embarrassed to what he just did and he deserves to feel so after making jokes of me for being an idiot in front of my friends – and guess what? My friends agreed with him and laughed towards his jokes. How cruel.

 

Jungkook quickly stood and grabbed a tissue from its box and handed it over to Umma as he bends, “I’m so sorry!” Umma took the tissue from his hands and stood, walking towards the kitchen not far from the small-decorated living room. She walked down the steps and reached the sink.

Jungkook kept standing and had his head looking below. I thought he was feeling sorry but no – I moved slowly, seeing him from aside and noticed that he was smirking under his bangs. This guy is the worse! Does he not feel a little bit sorry or embarrassed to what he just did?!

I smacked his head again and he only ignored me – knowing that he couldn’t do anything to stop me from doing so or he would be called ‘Crazy’.

“Hey, hey… It’s okay. It’s just an accident. You can sit,” Sohyunnie tried to convince Jungkook to sit with an unconfident voice, having her brows raised, worried.  Jungkook lifted his head and sat with a worried face, of course, it was only an act – if it wasn’t, he would probably be laughing coldly to that incident. I know him well.

I stepped back to see the whole familiar living room – it was the Yoo’s house, Minnie’s family. Minnie and I were childhood friends and I would come to visit her anytime I want especially when doing my homework. We grew up together and decided to be housemates when we went to separate universities – yes, we both were in each other's pocket.

But now, death changed it all. Death created a partially-transparent wall between us. What breaks me is the thought whether friendship still works even with that wall.

 

What am I saying? Of course, it still works! Friendship is a connection that won’t break unless we want so.

There I go again, fighting with my own thoughts.

“Hyemi must have heard you joking about her. She must be angry.”

GASP! I turned and look at Umma, hearing what she just said. Umma gave a soft smile, telling us that she wasn’t angry at Jungkook. “I agree,” sounded Sohyunnie, nodding. I chuckled to my own silly reaction.

Umma’s words from earlier sounded so real, had me thought that she knew that I was there.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

“Remember that you have a meeting with us again tomorrow at 10!” Umma called out for Jungkook as he turned from the sidewalk, leaving as he waves. “Be safe!” Sohyunnie added as the three smiled, waving. I looked above to see Minji peeking through her bedroom window.

Jungkook also noticed the young woman and smiled, also waving to her. Minji was surprised and draw herself back from the window, probably continuing to read her novel. Jungkook and I looked at each other, having our shoulders raised.

 

I smiled to look at the three friends of mine, watching us, uh… I mean Jungkook, leaving the place followed by Azra. The sun was setting and I could see Jungkook’s back was dark having a shadow tying up with him as the sun was facing him, having the sky colored beautiful orange. This meant that we managed, I mean him (?), to get into my group of friends. We were worried for nothing.

I quickly catch up with Jungkook and grinned, “So~ aren’t my friends cool?”

 

“Annoying like you.”

“Hey!!”

“Oops. I’m sorry. Correction: Less annoying than you.”

“I can’t be that annoying!”

 

His eyes rolled to look at me from beside; looking annoyed than ever. You know what? He’s cuter like this.

Without thinking, I

Please log in to read the full chapter