In The Sunset...

Your Sky Is Sorrowful
Please log in to read the full chapter

In The Sunset…

 

Jungkook slapped himself, asking himself why he couldn't sleep. He even squinted his eyes, trying to sleep under the moonlight that passed through the curtains. He turned to his left avoiding the moonlight, figuring that was the reason why he couldn’t sleep – but it wasn’t. 

 

He knew the real reason as to why he couldn't sleep. And the reason was because of the sudden peck that shocked him. He suddenly began to recall the cute but shocked face that Hyemi made when he stared at her, the lips that he failed to kiss. 

 

 

Aish just sleep! Sleep!!

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

Jungkook yawned as he walked through the corridor, passing the classroom feeling tired, wanting to sleep more.

That idiot forcing me to school. Who does she thinks she is?! She’s not my mother!

He flashbacked to that morning when Hyemi woke him up, harshly by hitting him by his pillow, reminding him school.

 

“Wa-wait! Didn’t I tell you that I’ll be helping you today?!”

“No, you said that you’ll be doing anything I asked you to do and I ask you to go to school!”

“Why?!”

“You’ll be way back on your studies!”

“What do you care about my studies?!”

“That would be selfish of me asking you to help me when you’re supposed to be at school!”

 

That quarrel stopped when it was obviously Hyemi’s win. It was his first time losing to someone when he was always right from the beginning. After all, he did say that he’ll do anything Hyemi asked him to so Hyemi won that round.

Jungkook smirked after reminding himself about that morning. As he walks, he was also curious to what Hyemi’s plan to get her relationships happy again.

 

But seriously, does she even have a plan?

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

Hyemi was worried. She couldn’t think of any ways to make her friends meet Jungkook. To suddenly meet with all of them, that would be so… sudden! Then he has to meet them one by one but with Jungkook’s cold personality, will they even take it? Even Hyemi herself couldn’t take it, why should her friends? Meeting with her boyfriend first? How? Suddenly meeting a pop idol in the age of 16?

Hyemi sighed as she massaged her forehead with her pointer’s tip after thinking too much. She was only an idiot, an adult that couldn’t make further decisions. If Ahra was there for her, she could have quickly come up with something and helped her.

Hyemi was still in Jungkook’s apartment, sitting on the couch as Azra went out for a meeting with other cats outside. V was there with Hyemi, of course, after all he did say that he will be by her side as for that is a Taker’s job. Hyemi dislikes it though because she felt uncomfortable with V staring at her with a blank expression.

 

“There must be a way…,” Hyemi mumbled. V stared at her doleful look as she was trying to think about it too hard. “How many hours are you going to be like that?” V asked after not happening to take it any longer – he couldn’t wait anymore.

Hyemi furrowed her brows and her eyes glanced at the daylight outside through the window, as she began to notice that it was already noon. Summer season just started and in a few days, there will be summer vacation making Hyemi much more worried, thinking whether Jungkook will go back to his hometown where his family is or continue to stay there to help her but she can’t be selfish. Jungkook has the rights to have his holiday after all he’s still a student.

Jungkook will be back before sunset… and if I don’t think of a plan…

Of course, he will keep calling Hyemi an idiot after that. Suddenly, Hyemi smiled but for a different reason.

 

She began to miss how fun it was being with her friends, laughing, cooking, imagining, creating, watching a movie, having a party together… They used to solve their problems together but now, Hyemi is alone. They can’t help her; they can’t reach out for her.

Because there is a barrier, a line between Hyemi and her friends which cannot be jumped over. To Hyemi, it felt like she was almost torn off from the picture and that is never a good thing.

 

It is better torn off completely.

 

Hyemi’s eyes began to redden as she bits her lower lip, holding her tears in. “You know, if one believes the other, they can actually connect with each other,” V interrupted, not bearing to see Hyemi’s poor side. He was actually giving a hint to Hyemi, wanting to make her better.

Hyemi wasn’t that foolish to not understand what he meant. She smiled as she began to run towards the counter where the phone is and started to dial a familiar number.

Hyemi slowly put the phone on her ear, hearing clearly the sounds that went through it. She tightly held it as she began hoping for that one person to answer her. Of course, she was nervous thinking that maybe this will be her first time being able to talk to someone ever since her death.

 

“Himchan’s speaking. Who’s this?”

 

Of course, who else would she call first? Himchan’s phone number was the only number that she remembered fully. Everytime she needed help with something when her friends weren’t there to help her, she would call him and he would quickly come to the rescue. Himchan will always be her hero.

Hearing that deep, warm voice even if it was only through the phone made Hyemi cried. Tears were rolling down her cheeks as she clasped her palm on her lips, thinking if it was only another trick. She couldn’t believe that was happening. She couldn’t believe the fact that Himchan was actually talking to her.

 

“Hello?”

 

Hyemi was speechless. It felt like she was al

Please log in to read the full chapter