... Flying Right Now?

Your Sky Is Sorrowful
Please log in to read the full chapter

… Flying Right Now?

 

Words are magical; they can make you happy, they can make you confuse, they can make you sad. They can save the world and they can also destroy it. And so human were told to use them wisely or they will hurt themselves. Hyemi understood that for she have lived and learnt it as she was old enough to do so but Jungkook who is still in his teens is yet to understand that.

 

The sounds of footsteps as the young man walked home disrupt the silence. At the time, he was gazing upon his feet as they meet the ground one at a time. I lied again, he was feeling disappointment and continued to mumble. He was like this after the unspeakable scene that happened between Minji and himself ­– when the young girl confessed her feelings for him.

“I like you.” Jungkook couldn’t move, couldn’t think and was speechless. Only his heart was mixed up and time had stopped until Minji continued, “I know it’s so sudden… and I know we’ve just met like a few weeks ago,” she paused for a while, staggering, “But I can’t help realizing that whenever I see you or hear your name, my heart would skip a beat and then beats more after.” After that she stopped and tilted her chin to see how Jungkook reacts to her sudden confession as her heart clenches to fear of what Jungkook will reply her. She doubted his feelings – if Jungkook also have the same feelings only it was for her, she thought that would be a miracle and how hard it would be for her to believe it. Jungkook wasn’t surprised though of the sudden confession for he had received lots of them before.

Jungkook gave it a thought. Images of Hyemi came up to mind, distracting his thinking. He knew he has feelings for the ghost and the opposite for the young girl behind him. And so how can he be with someone who he doesn’t have feelings for? Wouldn’t that be lying to himself? And to Minji? And to Hyemi? To everyone? Jungkook have always been lying to himself. To Hyemi. And to everyone. Is it worth it to lie again?

Jungkook turned to suddenly hug the young girl who was blushing hard. The orange sky, the street lights, the silence… and the lies that will crush one’s heart once uncovered, “I like you.”

 

And so Jungkook frowned as he opened the door to his apartment. Hyemi who was in her spirits was playing card games with the Taker in front of her. Seeing her smile clenched his heart as it skipped a beat. “Where were you?” she asked not looking and kept her focus onto the cards so that V wouldn’t peek. Jungkook ignored her and went straight to his room. Hyemi realized that and observed the young man as he went past her. Her smiling face turned into a frown, pouting to dissatisfaction. And when she turned, V was close to peeking her cards, having her shout in anger. She continued playing though she was curious to Jungkook’s actions.

The young, frustrating man jumped onto his bed, sighing. His brows narrowed and his face was pale. He knew in the end his lies will end up hurting himself. He grunted to his own doing, “Why am I such an idiot?!” He began to shout his thwarting in the abode. “I could have just said NO, NO, NO ,NO, NO!! Why do I have to lie?! I’m an idiot!!” Behind the door to his room, Hyemi had her ears on it, trying to listen to the young man’s shouting so that she could understand what was going on with the man? V behind her also put his ears on the door to listen.

 

But even doing so, they still couldn’t understand what happened.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Himchan stared at the wedding dress behind the glass sticking onto the walls of the shop. The white-blue dress decorated with pure colorless diamonds and was designed beautifully, suiting a pair of magnificent laced heels became spotlight – a dream for every young girls out there to wear. “What’s the matter?” asked the cute, tomboyish girl beside him as she drinks the smoothie that she was holding in her hand.

Himchan slowly turned and smiled sweetly, shaking his head, “Just wondering how that dress will look on you if you wear it.” The girl looked at where he was indicating and smiled happily to him, “So what do you think how I look if I wear it?” “Ugly.” “Hey!”

“Alright, Miss Cherin!” Himchan called.

The couple continued walking in hands. From somewhere not far from the two’s location, V was there standing beside the road watching the couple went away. After a while, he then disappeared as the cars pass by him.

V teleported himself to the world he grew in, the Other Side or Heaven as what most people call it. Having his brows narrowed to frustration to what was going on, he kept moving towards a big building that was colored pure white, shining over a distance, called ‘The Line’ – where only entrusted people of two different worlds, the Other Side and the Emptiness, can enter to meet the Guardians that rule the universe. And V was one of those entrusted people for he is a Taker. When V entered, the place was spotless and there was only a hallway for V to walk through to enter the White Halls where all the Guardians gather.

The large door opened by itself and V walked under some large beings that can’t be seen clearly. He noticed Krystal was there at the stand, sneering to him as he walked towards the stand beside her. “Welcome Taker. You must already know the reason to why we summoned you here,” said the large, unclear thing facing them. V turned to glare at the Sender beside him and then faced front once again to answer the Guardian before him, “Yes. I’ve found out that my client’s mission to contribute happiness to her sorrowful loved ones is completed,” he paused to glare at Krystal, “But I also found out she was helped by black magic.” “That’s right. Sender, I believe you have something to say about this,” believed the Guardian acting as judge. Krystal knew that she was in trouble by the tone of the Guardian. She was the one who placed black magic inside Himchan so that he can for

Please log in to read the full chapter