Under The Blue Sky

Your Sky Is Sorrowful
Please log in to read the full chapter

Under The Blue Sky...

 

"I don't want to live anymore."

"I’m crazy about you, and I’m willing to die rather than being hurt by someone I really love!"

"I love you."

 

It’s funny that I didn’t die of suicide after planning to do so.

But I’m glad I was able to hear those three words from him.

I’m happy, so please don’t cry for me.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

People screaming her name was what she heard as she fell. She watched the blue sky coming up with a rainbow. At least he smiled, she thought. At least she said those three words to Himchan. At least he smiled at her for the last time.

Images of her friends flashed in her mind as she closes her eyes. Memories of being with them ever since childhood made her heart clenched in fear of losing them. Words that she will always remember kept ringing into her ears… Promises that she couldn’t kept wounded her.

Her memories with Himchan kept rushing in her mind.

 

“Love is something to live for, Hyemi.”

 

I’m sorry… I hope we’ll meet again on the ‘Other Side’.

Just please. Please… smile for me.

 

Her heart beat stopped and all she could see was darkness. It was dark and scary but Hyemi walked.

She walked towards a little sparkle. And every time she gets closer the sparkle got bigger and bigger.

She was about to reach for it when suddenly the light swarmed over her. She was blind-sighted for a brief moment because of the bright light; and she was clueless to what was happening around her.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I was dead. I mean literally dead –  I was lying on the road, my body broken and bloody. I stood near the scene as I watched Himchan cry, trying to wake me up as if I wasn't dead.

How did I die, you ask? Don’t laugh – I was about to commit suicide at the edge of a steep hill above the busy road and my boyfriend, Himchan or should I say my EX-BOYFRIEND, tried to stop me and when I did change my mind, I stumbled and fell.

Why am I so clumsy? I’m born that way – this world was never a place for me from the beginning. But even though I fell a thousand times, I got up on my feet wanting to continue my life like any normal person would do. That’s what my father used to say to me, ‘Get up and just do it!’ Life is hard for anyone, whoever they are – especially when you’re clumsy just like me.

 

“Hyemi! Please stay with me!”

“Hyemi!!”

 

Minnie, Yunnie, Ahra, Sohyunnie, Jiminnie, Hee Jung and Hara unnie were crying on the ground, hugging each other. I never want to see them this way. I always want others to be happy for me. What I was watching was the complete opposite of my life motto.

What am I saying? I don’t have a life motto – I don’t have a LIFE anymore. I’m dead. I’m now a stray soul, waiting for someone to pick me up and bring me to this so promise, so called the ‘Other Side’, where other dead beings stayed to be at ease.

 

Himchan was still following my cold, dead body that was about to be put inside the ambulance. There were reporters, police officers, drivers and walkers at that scene and Kai and the others were all standing, speechless. Minnie stood, pulling out her phone and was about to call my parents, wanting to t

Please log in to read the full chapter