Could You ...

Your Sky Is Sorrowful
Please log in to read the full chapter

Could you…

 

I’m always selfish. I always do things that can avoid me from being hurt. And end up hurting those whom I dear – losing them.

 

After all those days of staying in the dark, locking myself up, knowing I am a coward, someone finally forced me out to the light.

 

I wasn’t grateful; I hurt that someone.

 

She had decided to be like me, stuck in the dark and forget everything else. It was my fault.

 

Please let me at least apologized for hurting her.

 

Give me another chance…

 

… To thank her for saving me.

 

 

Krystal and Hyemi was in the wagon-like car as it drives deeper into the Emptiness. Hyemi heard cries and shrieks from souls that were shaped like a glowing blue splint, stuck in a bird cage hanging above the dark, infinite ceiling. Hyemi was afraid but she didn’t show it to Krystal who was sitting next to her. The ghost decided to look away from the shrieking souls and turned to stare dumbfounded to a revolver placed just right on the stand that acts a gap between Krystal and her. Krystal noticed her staring at the gun and decided to tell her, “This gun will be used to end the life of your half-working brain.”

“This means that once your brain completely stopped functioning, you will only feel emptiness and you will forget everything that had happened in your life – every event, every person you met, everything you have ever tasted, every sound you have ever heard and others.”

Hyemi wanted to gulp but was dry. She shook as she began thinking twice of her decision to be Caged In. Her worried face was mistaken by Krystal, “Don’t worry. We’ll arrive there soon.”

 

While at the Other Side, V was running before Jungkook who was having his hard time just moving. They were still running along the white panels in the dark room that promised at the other end shall be their destination, the Emptiness. “Come on!” V called out as Jungkook was beginning to feel heavy for the Emptiness was close. V was beginning to feel sorry for the young man. The Emptiness is too risky for a living thing to come across too. Jungkook felt hard pressure by his sides as though he was being crushed by two walls, and there was no air. He was sure that he could die right at that moment.

“Jungkook, close your eyes,” V told. “Take my hand.”

The young man was grossed to V’s request – he was making a disgust look and awareness. But V forced him to and held his hand. “Run as fast as you can,” V warned. Jungkook then run as fast he could just like how V asked him to. He couldn’t feel anything, not even the feeling of being held by the Taker nor even the movement of his running legs. He felt as though he was sleeping so deeply that he couldn’t hear or feel anything but only could see the images placed in his dreams.

BUMP! Jungkook had hit something – like a transparent wall – and could feel that he was stuck. He placed his palm onto the wall – still closing his eyes, waiting for the Taker’s next orders. By then, he realized V’s hand wasn’t holding his. Jungkook, whose mind wasn’t right at the time for the shakening journey, started to panic, “V!” he called out. “I’m stuck.”

Sight as black, Jungkook kept his eyes closed – even though he couldn’t hold in any longer.

“V!”

“Jump!”

Jungkook softly gasped to surprise. It was Sa Ra’s voice.

“Don’t be afraid. Just jump! I’ll catch you.”

“Sara...”

In the dark sight, feeling blind, Jungkook could see a figure of a little girl smiling with arms open as though offering a hug. Calmed, he hopped and he could feel he was falling.

“I’ll catch you.”

Jungkook’s legs were braced and his body fell onto the Taker’s other arm. The young man opened his eyes and quickly closed back, “This is so embarrassing.” V let go of him, knowing what the young man wished him to do. “What happened back there?” Jungkook asked, feeling much better than before.

“It’s a partially-membrane. Only those who are strong may pass through it,” V paused and was unsure, “and somehow you managed to go through.” Jungkook lifted his chin to observe the cliff where he fell from. There was a jelly-like wall sticking onto the cave-like hole. That was the partially-membrane that V just spoke about. But Jungkook knew that this wasn’t the time to be interested for sort of things as V called out and found the same kind of wagon-like car that Hyemi and Krystal rode. Jungkook went onto the ride, sitting beside V as his body felt heavier and his feet sore, colored blue. He knew because he wasn’t wearing any footwear in his rescue mission.

“Let’s go and make some sense to that woman!” Jungkook was fired up, feeling anger and considerate at the same time.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Play this if you want to get your feels out!)

Minji knocked on the door of Jungkook’s apartment a few times, clenching onto the bagpack in her hands that she had tired of carrying at her back. Time flies 4 times faster when you’re in the other world. Jungkook went to the other world at night and he hadn’t return until morning. It was already half-past ten in the morning and Minji who almost gave up knocking the door finally realized that the door was unlocked. Though she didn’t want to barge into someone’s house, she creaked open the door and was having a bad feeling. She was afraid but was brave enough to enter the silent and cold-athmospheric house. “Jungkook,” she voiced her shakening.

The girl walked slowly as though she was a star in a horror film – although she didn’t liked the idea of it. Reaching the living room, she gasped to find Jungkook lying on the floor and assumed

Please log in to read the full chapter