... In A Line...

Your Sky Is Sorrowful
Please log in to read the full chapter

… In A Line…

 

Under the daylight, Jungkook skipped class again like he used to do but for a different reason other than being lazy and that no one would believe it is true – searching for a ghost.

Why would he want to search for such a scary creature anyway?

Those who are clueless will never understand Jungkook’s life. Those people don’t have the rights to judge him because they don’t understand a thing. Including the new readers who just came by to check and read the latest chapter of this story (LOL).

He searched through the corridors and was aware of teachers who would pinch him by the ear, taking him to detention – and he won’t let that happen. Jungkook jogged around the school, searching for this ghost that keeps on haunting his mind and yet she was nowhere to be found.

After like almost an hour of searching all over the school, he gave up and sat on a bench outside the building, panting carelessly after that tiring quest.

 

Was I too late?

 

How could he not be late? He knew that Hyemi can teleport wherever and whenever she wants, right? To track a ghost, you had to be quick and not laze off, waiting for someone to get you back to your senses!


Jungkook let loose a sigh and then looked down at his palm, recapping the time when he was able to grabbed Hyemi’s wrist that was smaller than his.

Jungkook didn’t want to admit that he regretted for being such a jerk to Hyemi, even it was only to himself. He kept changing thoughts, fighting with one another and yet there was no winner.

 

He was confused, not knowing the reason why.

 

At times, he thought that what if he was feeling that kind of thing to her? He was grossed to even think about that 4 letter word, he didn’t even say that in his mind.

No way, that’s impossible! He fought.

But even if he does, his love would be intolerable. There is no way for the dead and the living to love each other. Again, his thoughts keep fighting with each other giving him a headache. In the end, he managed to figure a solution.

 

“What is important now is that I need to help her. I need to find her,” he told himself, wanting to stop thinking irrelevant things that doesn’t help him to go anywhere.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

(Hyemi’s POV)

 

I am an idiot. I should be ashamed of myself, lost to a young teenager. I don’t deserve to be called an adult anymore. I looked at V who was picking some flowers as his aura was bright and cheerful unlike someone we know.

He didn’t bring up about our assignment, knowing that I was quite upset – I had thought of him wrong, after all. He’s nice and understanding unlike that someone. Azra was drinking the water at the puddle that formed after the light rain from last night, also not bringing up anything that happened.

They both tried to not upset me more and I appreciate their kindness. I didn’t realize that I was smiling, watching them both thinking about their good bits. I remembered how lonely I was at my first day of being a ghost. I was also sad and a little empty but Azra came... and Jungkook too. Not long after that, V joined and Jungkook left, or much right to say I left him.

 

However, Jungkook’s not that bad. He just needs to smile more often. His smile is so sweet and his laugh is gentle; I could feel the warm and kindness in them.

We both had only known each other like for 2 days but it seems to me that we were with each other for quite a long time. I understood that he was hiding his true self, letting the ego controlling him and he can’t hide that from me. I smirked to myself thinking about that.

I am 22 and he is like 16 to 17, I guess, I’ve been living life more than he does, so I know about people more than he do. That reminds me, he knows more about the dead more than the living actually. I laughed to find how amazing that is.

 

We are quite the opposite, aren’t we?

 

“I think Miss Hyemi has gone coo-coo.”

 

I looked at Azra with an etched expression telling her how angry I was that she said that. V chuckled as I was irritated to both of them. I take it all back – they’re still annoying and they didn’t care to what I was feeling.

 

What should I do now? It’s not easy to find someone who has the same ability as Jungkook’s.

I was imagining something worst.

Am I going to be ‘Caged In’?

 

I don’t want to stick in the emptiness that is dark and cold, lonely and feeling… empty. Not remembering those memories that I piled up with many precious people, those feelings that I felt when I was still alive… that would be terrible, right?

Suddenly, I missed Himchan. I left him without a goodbye. I only left him with a smile.

 

When I was alive, I would either smile or laugh whenever I made a mistake to someone and feel bad about it. Eventually, just by doing that, people would forgive me.

And yes, I did smile for the last time before I killed myself and I know that Himchan actually forgive me for leaving him but… now, he’s the one feeling bad for my death, feeling guilt weighing his heart.

I always thought smiling was the best solution to everything – I was wrong. I was definitely wrong.

 

“So, are you giving up?” V sat beside me after quite a while of being silent.

I looked at him, seriously. Can’t he just support me or motivate me to keep on going? He doesn’t even care about me, does he?

Angered by this, I told him off, “You’re not even helping! Don’t you have feelings or something? I don’t want to be ‘Caged In’, understand?!”

“No, I don’t have feelings and I don’t understand about your feelings too,” he

Please log in to read the full chapter