... Of Silver Arrows

Your Sky Is Sorrowful
Please log in to read the full chapter

… Of Silver Arrows

 

Hyemi froze; her tongue was as if tied. Jungkook tightened his hug, having Hyemi buried onto his chest with teary eyes. V stood behind them and glanced away with an unsatisfied look.

What is going on? Why is he hugging me?

 

Hyemi just couldn’t believe if Jungkook had that feeling of sorry for her. She thought that was something impossible to happen – but then, why is he hugging her?

Jungkook loosened his hug and slowly moved his hands to grasp Hyemi’s shoulders, pushing her away from him. Hyemi lifted her head to look at him, wanting to see the answers to her questions through his eyes. But Jungkook wasn’t looking at her; he was staring at something behind her, looking as if he had seen a ghost – oops. Hyemi is one.

Hyemi turned and her eyes widened to see the familiar figure standing not far behind her, Krystal.

 

“You summoned me. Did this young man bring you back to your senses? To agree that staying in this world for too long will only hurt you more?” she spoke with her one arm below her chest and the other standing on it to support her chin.

She was wearing black gloves that suited with her black dress and an old-fashioned hat, designed with flowers. Her lips were covered with black-red lipstick, beautiful with her very light skin. Her eyes were dark colored showing her devilish but astounding self.

Her presence, like before, made Hyemi tensed.

 

Hyemi was clueless. She summoned her? She tried to recap back and then she remembered Krystal’s last saying that she will appear whenever Hyemi shed a tear. Hyemi realized that her corner eyes were wet and wiped them off.

She looked up at Jungkook and thought, how embarrassing! I cried in front of… this guy!

 

“You… you can’t be…,” Jungkook stammered with narrow brows up at his forehead.

Krystal ignored him and moved closer, reaching her hand out to cup Hyemi’s face. But Jungkook pulled Hyemi away and had her behind him, as if protecting her.

Hyemi was shocked, of course. She couldn’t stop asking herself why Jungkook was acting like that.

Krystal, unlike Hyemi, wasn’t surprised. Instead she slowly pulled herself away and sneered, “I am her Sender. Nothing can change that.”

Jungkook’s eyes widened and he turned, running away as he pulls Hyemi with him. The sun sets and the sky began to become dark purple with two small figures about to disappear from sight.

 

V sighed and walked further from Krystal. “He really hates how I work, does he?” Krystal sounded as her sneering before turned into a cold frown.

V stopped and Krystal continued, “I hate this world. I want to finish my job as quickly as I can. I will make her decide soon.” “Hyemi will never agree to be Caged In,” V spoke up without looking back at her.

Krystal lifted her head as she hears him spoke. Both of her brows furrowed but she inhaled and kept her composure, “I thought you’re the type of person who doesn’t care about anything.”

V smiled furtively and emitted, “I’ve decided to go back to the Other Side with her.” With his hands in his pockets, he disappeared to thin air.

 

Krystal watched him disappearing and leered, “I’ll take that as a war invitation.”

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

“Where are we going?” Hyemi asked Jungkook and still the question was unanswered as Jungkook pulled her into the bus and had her sit next to him. Hyemi felt uncomfortable with Jungkook ignoring her while looking out through the transparent window of the bus as the wheels started to move.

“This… we’re not going back to your apartment, aren’t we?” she asked him but yet there was only silence from Jungkook.

Why is he ignoring me?!

Hyemi was angered knowing that he was ignoring her and pouted. But then, as she looked at the passengers sitting on the same bus, she understood why.

Of course Jungkook would ignore her; he would look like he was talking to himself if he didn’t.

 

It was night time and Hyemi could see the lights from buildings that they passed by lighten the roads and the people. Hyemi was feeling nostalgic by the sounds of cars passing by.

Below were the busy road lies. There was the ground that I fall onto… and died.

Her thoughts made her dizzy and it hurt. It has been quite a while for her to remind about the scene of her death. She had been trying to forget all about it and she did manage but only until that day.  

 

After not too long, the bus stopped and Jungkook stood followed by Hyemi. The two were the only ones getting off the bus and that made Hyemi more curious. She set her foot onto the ground and noticed that an obvious-looking Love Hotel was standing in front of her. She clicked.

“What… are we doing here?” she asked with a deep voice, looking at Jungkook with her clutching his sleeve.

Jungkook skimmed at her and told her, “We’re just going to stay here for the night.” Hyemi was confused than ever.

Is he trying to avoid Krystal? Doesn’t he know that she is a being that can teleport to wherever she wants? And where’s V? Wait... where’s Azra?!

Hyemi realized that it was only the two of them and she was uncomfortable with it.

 

Jungkook strode before her, leaving her with more unrequited questions.

 

The both walked into the single-bed room that Jungkook paid for a one-night stay. Hyemi was quite bothered about the features of the room which gives that love tension – Hyemi didn’t like it at all. She gawked at the large bed and inhaled some air.

I’m so glad that I am a ghost right now.

Jungkook sat onto the bed with both arms supporting him to sit still and observed Hyemi, coldly, “Why didn’t you tell me that you’ve met Krystal?”

Mph! Hyemi ignored him. She wanted to do a payback for ignoring her questions from before. Jungkook could see that and rolled his eyes away.

“Do not listen to her. Do not believe in her,” he air-quoted as his words deepened. “Her way of working is always tempting, that’s why most of her clients decided to rout and was sent to the emptiness, to be Caged In.”

He paused and turned to continue his cold gaze towards Hyemi, “Do not lose to her.”<

Please log in to read the full chapter