... Of Second Importance

Your Sky Is Sorrowful
Please log in to read the full chapter

… Of Second Importance

 

“Kai,” Hyemi gasped when she realized one of her friends’ boyfriends was there at the same festival where she was – and with a girl! The sky finally darkened and the sounds of the water fountain rang inside Hyemi’s ghostly ears but her focus was at Kai and the stranger beside him. Hyemi had doubts, of course. Jungkook turned his head sideways to get a glimpse look at the ghost who he heard gasped.

 Is he cheating? No, he can’t be!

Hyemi shake her head and glanced at the man named Kai again, finding him kissing the girl’s forehead. Blue hyphens were under her head, doubting Kai even more. Jungkook stared at the ghost having blues. He observed where Hyemi was looking at and noticed the man with the woman as well. “Is that your boyfriend?” he asked out of the blue.

“What? No! He’s more of my friend’s boyfriend!” she flustered. Jungkook went back observing the man. “Well, he’s no longer hers,” he said.

Hyemi was feeling anger crawling up to her fist that it clenched tightly wanting to punch the cheating man on his face – and if that does not satisfy her, his stomach will be her next punching target. I thought he learnt his lesson, Hyemi remembered the drama that happened between Kai and Yuna when he ran off, wanting to kill himself. He hurt Yuna once and Hyemi won’t let him hurt her twice. Hyemi took the almost finished bubble tea that Jungkook left on the fountain seat and walked towards the couple who were holding hands and taking pictures together. “Hey!” Jungkook stood, calling her. She faced the couple who wasn’t aware that she was there.

“Taking pics, are we? How about a splashy pose?!” Hyemi threw the bubble tea, having it speckled the couple’s shocked faces and made Jungkook sniggered afar. And ‘click’ – the sound of the camera flashes as the couple’s eyes were shut and faces were dripping wet with bubble tea. Hyemi purposely peeked at the photo taken and annoyingly said, “Ooh, pretty! What a great model you are!”

“HOW?!” Kai shouted as he wiped off the liquid from his face with his hand.

The girl beside him the corners of her lips, “Mm, its bubble tea!”

“Do you think I care about what it is?!” Kai raged having the girl cursed him for being so sensitive.

 

While Hyemi, not letting go of that opportunity, she kicked right at his buttocks that he fell above the girl on the ground. “Hey, get off me!!” the girl screeched, believing that Kai fell on her chest on purpose. “I’m trying but-!!” Jungkook chortled behind their backs as he could see Hyemi sitting on the falling man’s back. “I’m not that heavy, you know!” the ghost said, irritated. Kai noticed Jungkook laughing and called out for him, angrily, “Do you think this is funny?!!” Jungkook quickly shut his mouth, doesn’t want to be involved in any fights. “Help us!” Kai told him.

The young man glanced at the ghost who was still sitting on him and now having her arms crossed under her chest and her eyes rolled before him. Jungkook walked towards the couple on the ground and gave Kai his hand. Kai grabbed it without being aware that Jungkook was whispering to a ghost.

The couple was finally standing on ground. Before Kai could completely thank Jungkook, his girlfriend cut him, “Thank you for saving me from this ert!” then she faced Kai and slapped him by the cheek, “You. Me. Over! You hear me? OVER!” Then the girl ran off, leaving Kai alone with Jungkook – and Hyemi. Kai’s head slowly turned to face the young man beside him.

“She… I… she didn’t mean that,” he said trying to not embarrass himself in front of Jungkook. But well, Jungkook’s not a fool to actually believe that. What he watched through his eyes just happened. Being heartless, he spoke, “You got dumped. Just accept the fact.” Kai groaned to disappointment and grew confused to what actually happened to him, “What happened to me, seriously?!”

“I mean seriously! Seriously, seriously! SERIOUSL-!”

“I get it! Seriously.”

Kai sighed and fell onto his , having his hands above his head. Jungkook stood there feeling awkward and he got no idea where he should go.

“Give me your phone!” Hyemi asked the young teenager who was found awkward. Jungkook sighed and whispered very softly to the ghost, “You got my bubble tea and now you want my phone! Don’t throw it to someone’s face this time!” He took out his phone and handed it over to Hyemi. “I came over here to date a girl and now I’m here alone,” Kai started. Then he observed Jungkook from head-to-toe, “Well, with you. For

Please log in to read the full chapter