Truth

The Vengeance of Justice

"Ok  chinja? I was worried that we would have some unhappy history between us. It's strange isn't it, I can't remember now what made me run in front of the car earlier on, haha I am such a forgetful person."  Shin Hye said the last part while observing Jongsuk, but if Jongsuk felt anything he certainly didn't show it. She felt an inner turmoil within her as she wondered how it was possible to fully a trust a person but doubt the truth behind all his words. She opened to ask him more but Bo Young reappeared with a platter of fruits. Once she saw Shin Hye however she gaped widely, recognising her instantly as Ji Sung's daughter. Although she did not resemble her father at all, she was like a carbon copy of her birth mother, Kim Min Ji, an ex model."What are you doing here?" She questioned Shin Hye coldly. Shin Hye stared at this stranger, at a loss for words. That's true, what was she doing here? Jongsuk stepped in and glared at his sister. "Noona, be nice! This is my colleague." Bo Young gaped even more at this revelation but Jongsuk held up a hand to shush her. Shin Hye nodded and bowed to Bo Young. "Annyeonghasaeyo Park Shin Hye imida. The truth is, Jongsuk sshi saved my life earlier on, so I came to visit him and make sure he was alright." 

Once Shin Hye had left the room Bo Young looked at Jongsuk for an explanation. "She lost her memory so she doesn't know the feud between us, and i would like to keep it this way Noona." Jongsuk looked at Bo Young with a desperation that she had never seen before and it took her a few moments to connect the dots. "You don't mean...the only girl you've ever liked, the girl you told me about that time when we had a drink together? It's her?" Bo Young remembered the Christmas the siblings had shared together 2 years before. It was the first Christmas that they had together because for a few years after their parents death they were living in different countries. That night, they reminisced about the past and drank soju. In a drunken stupor, Jongsuk revealed to his sister, "There was a girl that I really loved, Noona, but we can't ever be together, and today I did something very terrible to her...I broke her heart for reasons that I couldn't even tell her..I'm in a living hell now, Noona, I don't know what to do." 

Bo Young remembered that event particularly well because Jongsuk rarely confessed his emotions to her and now that she recalled that she looked at him in horror. "What did you do to her, Jongsuk?" Feeling the heavy weight of his memories on his heart once again, Jongsuk closed his eyes and debated whether or not to tell the truth. Finally he opened his eyes and looked intently into Bo Young's eyes. "Noona, truthfully...I met Shin Hye in Korea 6 years ago. We were studying together and I loved her so much..We dated and had a very deep relationship...until I left Korea for an overseas internship. That's when everything happened. Noona, you were in France at that time so you're probably rather unsure about what exactly happened. But let me tell you now. Shin Hye's father, Park Ji Sung, is a ruthless and cruel businessman. He got himself involved in some illegal business, to the extent that he was involved in the murder of someone. Our father, on the other hand, was a righteous and upright detective. He found out about Park Ji Sung, and unfortunately this was discovered by the bastard. He set our father up, and framed him, such that in the end, our dear father was accused of Park Ji Sung's crime. No one was around to defend him, and the evidence wasn't in his favour, and so our father was arrested and..." "He was executed." Bo Young finished off quietly. "Yeah...I only know these details because our mother left me a letter with the truth, right before she...she committed suicide." Tears came into Jongsuk's eyes as he said this. "I returned to Korea in panic after hearing all this, only to find out that my world had changed. I wrote to you, Noona, but the news still took a while to reach you. In the meantime, I tracked down Park Ji Sung, only to realise that he was the father of Shin Hye." Jongsuk scoffed slightly as he remembered his tragic past. "I was looking to Shin Hye for comfort all this while, but her father was the one who orchestrated everything? I can't even use words to describe how I felt at that time, and I was so angry at Ji Sung that I wanted to seek revenge on him. Before that however, I had to settle my heart. How could I seek revenge on my girlfriend's father? And so, on that year's Christmas, I ended it with Shin Hye. Without telling her the reason, I was brutal and cruel to her, but it was all for her sake." 

"Jongsuk ah..." Bo Young's voice shook with tears as she moved closer to him, covering him in her embrace. "I'm sorry that I wasn't there...Jongsuk...I'm so sorry that Noona wasn't there for you at that time..." Jongsuk shook his head. "Aniya, Noona, I'm glad you weren't there. At least your life isn't ruined like mine is..." "What do you mean?" Bo Young looked at him curiously. "That time is over, we're leading good lives now, aren't we?" 

"Ani...the nightmare isn't over yet. I...I did something...5 years ago. On our dad's death anniversary, I sought revenge on Park Ji Sung. I drove a truck...and waited for him outside his house. He was going to have a family dinner that night, and I waited there till I saw his car approach. Shin Hye was in the car with him, and when he got out and walked across the road back to his house, I stepped on the accelerator and tried to kill him. What I didn't expect was that Shin Hye would step forward and save him. I...I hit Shin Hye instead...I caused her to be in this state, Noona..." Jongsuk started trembling as his tears started to spill one by one onto his white blanket. Bo Young recoiled in horror. Never in her biggest nightmares did she imagine that her brother did something so horrible, but the worst part was, she didn't know how to help him. "How..what happened after that?" 

"I fled, immediately. They lived in an isolated area, and I don't think anyone recognised my license plate. I got out of there as quickly as I could and boarded a flight to London straight away. Even if Park Ji Sung knew who did it, he never pursued it. Probably because he knew that once he reported this, his earlier crime would be exposed in one way or another. He evidently decided to give up and when Shin Hye lost her memories, he abandoned her and didn't recognise her as his daughter. That's why she's living alone now." Jongsuk took a deep breath after his long confession and Bo Young tenderly wiped his tears from his red eyes. "I thought that she was dead, and I lived the past 4 years in this deep regret and loss. Seeing her alive and happy like this, I just want to hold on to this delusion forever, even though I know that it is impossible. I'm still in love with her, Noona." 

A/N: FINALLY the truth is out HAHAHAHA did I disappoint anyone with this? If I did I'm so sorry! My computer is still under repair and I'm using my mom's one now hahaha this is the longest chapter to date so I hope it makes up for the previous short chapter!