Goodbye

The Vengeance of Justice

Shin Hye looked at her desk for the last time before heaving a sigh as she carried her small box out. It had only been a short period of time since she had started working at the tv station and with everything that had been going on, she honestly didn't spend much time working. However, she still felt affection for the station, not just the programme she was working on but the people she had come to know during her stay. She mouthed a silent goodbye to Sora, who was hard at work at her desk. She nodded to Jaesuk as she walked out, his eyes following her every step. He was less than pleased when she had handed in her resignation, especially because the programme she was working on wasn't completed yet. Shin Hye knew this, but she was sure that Sora would be able to handle her absence well, after all, Sora was enthusiastic about Korean history and already knew a lot about it. Shin Hye hailed a cab when she exited the building, and on a sudden impulse she ordered the cab to stop at a legal firm before she went back to her apartment. 


Bo Young was in the midst of handling a client when the firm's office boy knocked on her door. "Lawyer Lee? Someone is here to see you." Bo Young frowned at him, unhappy to be interrupted, but when Shin Hye's pale face appeared at her door, Bo Young's expression changed completely. After dealing with the cilent briskly, Bo Young entered the conference room, where Shin Hye was sitting with a cup of coffee in front of her. "Why aren't you drinking?" Bo Young pointed to the cup. Shin Hye looked up, startled, as she had been lost in her thoughts ever since she arrived at the office. "Bo Young unnie, I'm here to ask you for a favour." Shin Hye stated directly. Bo Young sat down opposite her, her expression softening slightly as she noticed the tears b in Shin Hye's eyes. She nodded for Shin Hye to go on. Shin Hye looked at the coffee cup in front of her, and in a shaky voice said, "I'm leaving, Unnie, I'm going back to the UK. It's where I belong, or used to belong anyway." Bo Young started in surprise. "You're leaving Jongsuk? Again?" Before Shin Hye could defend herself Bo Young continued in an accusing tone. "I know that Jongsuk wronged you in the past, but he's been living in guilt for the past 5 years because of that. He never let himself be happy because of what he did to you, and now that you're back I see him truly smiling and being happy because of you. You can't break his heart again." Hearing it all spelled out clearly like that, Shin Hye felt her insides churn and she clenched her fist tightly. "I don't have a choice, Unnie." Bo Young's words left Shin Hye with little choice but to tell the truth behind the actions. "I'm going back to my father, Park Jisung, but not for reasons you can imagine. I'm going so that I can get answers about Jiyoung's death, about Mr Kang's death, the truth. I see that as the only way I can do it. My father is definitely behind everything, but there's no way to get justice except from the inside. I don't know how long I'll be there, it could be forever, but I'm ready to let go of Jongsuk, if only to get justice for him. And for you and for Sora and for Minhyuk and for God knows who else." Tears spilled out of Shin Hye's eyes as she finished her speech and she looked expectantly at Bo Young for her reply. 

"So you're going to be a noble idiot? Do you think my brother would want you to go to that extent just to get justice? He cares way more about you then he will ever care about clearing our father's name, so why would you think that he would accept and agree with your decision?" Bo Young logically pointed out. Shin Hye shook her head resolutely. "I'm not just doing this for him, I'm doing it for myself as well. I can't look at all of you in the face and try to help y'all find evidence and whatnot anymore, especially when I am sure that it's my father's doing. I have to determine this, once and for all, not just for Jongsuk but so that I can live with my head held high." Bo Young watched her in silence, having run out of words to counter her. She still thought that it was a senseless decision but she could tell that Shin Hye was determined about it. "Anyway, I already called my father, he's expecting me soon. He already knows that I have regained my memory, so there's no way that I can hide from him any longer. I came here not to argue with you Unnie, but to ask you...to take care of Jongsuk for me. I know that he'll be hurt, and I know that I am selfish in making this decision on my own, but it's not any easier for me than it is for him, so I'm begging you...please just be by his side and support him. Let him rant to you if he needs to, and cry to you when he needs to, just take care of him on my behalf. I'm begging you, Unnie." Having said her piece, Shin Hye stood up and prepared to leave the office. 

"Wait, when will you be leaving?" Bo Young asked suddenly. Shin Hye turned and replied, "I'll be leaving for the UK at 7pm tonight. I hope to see you again, Unnie. Thank you...and Goodbye." Once Shin Hye left the office, Bo Young massaged her temples as she contemplated her dilemma. To tell Jongsuk or to keep it hidden? She shut her eyes as she forced herself to come to a decision and when she reopened them, she immediately reached for her phone. 


"All phones to be switched off on set please, we want to avoid any interference with the shooting." Jongsuk instructed his crew members, switching off his phone first to set an example. He signalled the celebrities andthe cameras began to roll. "Hello everyone, welcome to the first episode of Myungyeol Travels, the Korea of the Past. Our first stop is at Changdeokgung palace, where...." Lee Sungyeol from Infinite stood in front of the camera and introduced. Myungsoo stood next to him, scanning the palace grounds with curiousity. Jongsuk smiled slightly as the filming proceeded. Sora's palace themed variety show seemed to be going well, and it brought him back into his memories when he had first seen Shin Hye at the TV station. He was alerted back to the present when a crew member nudged him because Myungyeol was going off script. "Cut! Let's retake that." He ordered, back in director mode. 

A few long hours later, Jongsuk finally ended the filming and stopped the cameras. "Good job, Sungyeol and Myungsoo! We'll see you again for filming tomorrow!" They bowed to him and headed off to their trailers as Jongsuk reviewed the footage. "Okay, this is good. Please take it from here!" He bowed to the editor and headed off to his car. He his phone along the way and was startled to see that there were 21 missed calls from his sister. She finally left a message for him, which had flight details on it. He was confused and decided to call her back. 


Shin Hye took out the last of her luggage from the taxi and waved to the driver before he sped off. She pulled her luggages behind her languidly, knowing but not wanting to accept that this could be her last time here. "I haven't even left you yet, why am I missing you already?" She whispered softly, thinking about Jongsuk. 

"Please...please...." Jongsuk whispered repeatedly as he drove to the airport. Bo Young's words rang in his mind. "She's leaving Korea to the UK to find her father, she's doing this to find the truth, to clear Appa's name. I tried to stop her but I couldn't, and I have a feeling that you're the only one who can. Stop her, she's being an idiot." "You're such a pabo, Shin Hye ah, how could you ever think that this would be the solution..." He screeched to a stop at the traffic light. He slammed his hands on the steering wheel in frustration. "Please, don't go, Shin Hye ah...I would die without you..." 

Shin Hye finished the last of her coffee and threw it in a trashcan when she heard her flight being announced. Slowly, she made her way to the counter, to enter the departure hall. How she wished to see Jongsuk one more time...but goodbyes were too painful for her, she didn't think she could bear to say goodbye. 


Jongsuk dashed into the airport hall, panting heavily as he scanned the airport notice board and tried to find Shin Hye's departure hall. He ran frantically, knocking into several travellers with bulky luggages along the way, but none of that mattered. "Please, don't go, Shin Hye." 

Shin Hye got into the queue to enter the hall but when it came to her turn, she hesitated. She looked at the big group behind her and decided to let them pass first. She wasn't ready to say goodbye yet, just a few moments more would do. At this moment, as if she had conjoured him, Jongsuk appeared behind her. He shouted her name loudly, but she couldn't hear it for all the ringing in her ears. It was as if both her greatest desire and worst nightmare had come at the same time. Don't turn around, don't let him affect you. Her mind told her that, but her heart felt otherwise. She turned around slowly and came face to face with him. His face was white with exertion and sweat was running down his face, along with his tears. 

Shin Hye bit her lip as she apologised. "I'm sorr-" She couldn't finish her sentence though, because before she knew it, Jongsuk ran up to her and kissed her. She felt the intensity of his kiss, and the deep emotions he was conveying through it, and she found herself once again being into his trap. She closed her eyes slowly, all the words she was about to say totally forgotten. 

A/N: Extra long today because I decided not to do school work tonight as a bday celebration hehe! 102 subs already!! Thanks for the support :))