She is still alive

The Vengeance of Justice

Jongsuk sat at his desk, sipping his coffee as he reviewed the drafts and proposals on his table. After a few seconds however, he gave up and checked his watch and his phone. Why weren't there any calls? He complained silently. Her plane should have landed 2 hours ago...did something happen to her? He was so engrossed in his thoughts that he didn't hear the soft knocking at his office door for a few minutes. Finally he heard it and muttered, "Come in." Without even looking up he gestured to his desk and ordered. "Put the proposals here and get out." A warm voice responded cheekily. "I don't have any proposals with me though...do you want me to put my luggage on your desk instead?" Jongsuk looked up in surprise at the familiar voice and when he saw his sister's beautiful smiling face he stood up in excitement. "Noona! Why did you come here? I could have picked you up from the airport!" Lee Bo Young hugged her brother tightly. It had been 6 years since Jongsuk had come back to Korea from France, leaving Bo Young alone to complete her studies. Now an established lawyer with a few years of working experience, Bo Young had come back to start a family and settle down. Ever since the tragic accident that had claimed the lives of both their parents many years ago, the siblings relied on each other greatly. 

"How's life, Jongsuk ah? Meet any girls that you like yet?" Jongsuk shook his head. "Been too busy at the TV Station to care about matters like that." He chuckled as he raised an eyebrow at Bo Young. "How about you?" Bo Young blushed slightly and fiddled with her hair. "Well...there was someone I met back at London...he is in Korea now as well so I might go and see him one of these days. Nothing is confirmed yet though!" Jongsuk grinned as he patted her on the head. "I'm proud of you Noona." The siblings were happily catching up on each other's lives when Jongsuk received a call. It was from his close friend, Kim Woobin. He answered the call quietly. "What's up?" Bo Young was startled to see Jongsuk's facial expression change 180 degrees as he continued the conversation. He nodded a few times before hanging up. "I'll call you back later." Once he cut the call, his smile returned, which caused Bo Young to tremble slightly. The brother she knew had never been so adept at hiding his emotions, it appeared that he had grown up much in the past 6 years. "Who was that, Jongsuk?" He hesitated for a while before answering. "It was just Woobin, my friend." Bo Young didn't pursue more as she didn't want to ruin the mood but she couldn't help but feel worried for Jongsuk. 


Shin Hye bowed 90 degrees to the visitors in front of her. "We have reached the end of our tour, thank you for your attention and I hope you'll have a great day at Changdeokgung palace!" The visitors clapped politely as she made her way back to the warm office. Someone pulled her suddenly and she turned around to see an attractive woman standing in front of her. Shin Hye recognised her as one of the visitors, especially because she took notes non-stop throughout the tour. "Hello! Do you have a question for me?" The girl nodded as she introduced herself. "Hello Park Shin Hye sshi, I am Kang Sora, from SKC TV Station, I need to talk to you for a while." Woobin watched Sora as she dragged Shin Hye away before reaching into his pocket and taking out his phone. "Jongsuk ah...I just saw Park Shin Hye. She is still alive." 


Jongsuk sat in his dark bedroom, thinking back on Woobin's words. How was it possible that Shin Hye was still alive? He closed his eyes as flashbacks from that terrible time flooded his mind. The sound of collision and the unmistakable thud on the ground came back to him, he remembered how fearful yet justified he was at the time, he remembered how Shin Hye had disappeared completely since that day and how he had assumed she was dead. He opened his eyes and took out his phone. Speed dialling Woobin once again, he ordered quietly. "I need you to find out about her, where she is staying, what she is working as, everything."