Just acquaintances

The Vengeance of Justice

Jongsuk opened his eyes gingerly, blinking as his eyes got accustomed to the sudden brightness of the room. It was fully white, from the curtains to the bedsheets and even the uniforms of the nurses hustling to and fro. It took him a few moments to realise where he was and once he did, he turned to the person nearest to him in shock. "What happened?" Bo Young looked at her young brother worriedly. "How would I know, Jongsuk ah...can't you be more careful? You nearly killed me with anxiety..." Tears sprouted out of her eyes as she hugged him tightly. "There's only the two of us left now, please be more careful alright? I can't afford to lose you now." Jongsuk patted his sister's back but his attention was not on her. He was very worried about Shin Hye, especially because he remembered that she had overheard his conversation with Ji Sung. What would she be thinking now? Would she have regained her memories? 


Shin Hye sat at the meeting desk in the TV station, twirling her pen mindlessly as she thought about the events of the day. The other producers and scriptwriters were waiting impatiently for Jongsuk to appear so that they could start their meeting. Shin Hye knew that he was at the hospital, but she had no idea what was going on at the moment, so she remained silent, engrossed in her own thoughts. Her phone vibrated with a message from Yonghwa. 

YH: Are you alright? Maybe you should take a day off.

SH: Nah im fine, thank you! 

Shin Hye sighed, running her fingers through her long hair. She couldn't stop thinking about Jongsuk, about how he had tried to kill her in the past. And yet, she knew he wasn't a bad person. On the other hand, the older man, who was so familiar yet distant towards her, she wasn't sure about. When she had seen his face earlier, she felt a sudden sense of betrayal and disappointment, for reasons that she was once again unable to think of. Her head started pounding from all this brainwork and she wanted nothing more than to go to Jongsuk and clarify everything. She tapped Sora. "Sorra sshi, im sorry but I don't feel very well. Can you excuse me for a while?" Sora nodded absentmindedly as she was looking at her phone. Shin Hye left the room as Sora shouted to everyone, "Guys, Jongsuk's sister just told me that Jongsuk sshi was in an accident! He's at the hospital right now!" 


Bo Young had just gone out to wash some fruits when Shin Hye burst into the room. Her stomach full of questions, she stared at him intently as she walked towards him. When he looked up and stared back at her though, the questions were lost in her mind and ran dry. "How are you feeling?" She found herself asking instead. Jongsuk nodded emotionlessly. "I'm alright, and yourself?" She nodded back at him. Jongsuk observed her pale face and pointed to the chair beside him. "Have a seat." Shin Hye sat and for a few moments there was an awkward silence as she attempted to work up her nerves. "Lee PD...ani Jongsuk sshi, did we know each other in the past? Due to an accident my memories only date back to a few years ago, could you tell me who you were to me?" Her direct but non accusing question startled Jongsuk and threw him off guard, making him eager to reveal everything to her. But he knew that he couldn't, how could he ruin her life twice? "You're right, I knew you in the past, but we weren't close or anything...We were..just acquaintances." 

 

A/N: Sorry for the short and late update! My computer is spoilt now so im using my phone to update which is very difficult for me :/ please be patient and ill come up with better updates once my computer is repaired! Thank you for all your support! :)