Only Person

The Vengeance of Justice

Song to listen to while reading this chapter: K.Will's Only Person (Pinocchio OST) 

Lyrics taken from: http://popgasa.com/2014/12/17/k-will-only-person-%ED%95%98%EB%82%98%EB%BF%90%EC%9D%B8-%EC%82%AC%EB%9E%8C-pinocchio-ost/

Shin Hye pushed open the doors of the office and bowed to the sunbaes that had arrived at the tv station early. She went to her temporary desk beside Sora's desk but spotted Jongsuk's office out of the corner of her eye. Hesitantly she walked towards the closed door and her fingers closed around the doorknob. Her heart was beating very rapidly and her hands were trembling as she twisted open the door. She thought that Jongsuk wasn't in but she was mistaken. The lights were off and the shades were drawn but there he was, asleep at his desk. Shin Hye's breathing quickened as she caught sight of him, tears clouding up her vision. She stepped in the office and shut the door silently as she continued to watch him. His sleeping face was so innocent and yet so burdened, and her heart ached at the sight. 

Jongsuk didn't ever want this dream to end. He had been reunited with Shin Hye and they were strolling the beach together in a peaceful silence. No words were needed, no explanation for the horrible history between them. They stopped walking after a while to view the sunset and as Jongsuk stared into Shin Hye's sparkling eyes, he felt extremely blissful. He pulled her into a backhug and hugged her tightly. "I don't ever want to let you go, Shin Hye ah, I love you." Suddenly, he heard a loud sound and his eyes flickered open in surprise. The first thing he saw was Shin Hye with an embarassed expression on her face. He looked towards her line of vision and discovered a potted plant that Bo Young had gifted him shattered on the floor. Shin Hye bowed apologetically to him. "I'm sorry, PD-nim, it was an accident!" 

My one and only person
My treasure-like person who is like a dream
My first person who blossoms like a flower
Just looking at you makes me tear

Jongsuk noted the tear stains on Shin Hye's cheeks and wondered what had happened. Before he could ask her though, Shin Hye suddenly looked directly into his eyes and Jongsuk felt his heart flutter in his chest. He clutched it, shocked, because it had been a while since it had happened. He remembered clearly that the most recent time it had happened was when he had seen Shin Hye again for the first time a few weeks ago. Shin Hye was also in a shell-shocked state. When she had glanced into his eyes, it felt as if the world had ceased to move around her. All she could see and comprehend was his gorgeous gaze.

When I look into your eyes, my trembling heart flutters
When I look at you, I feel like the world has stopped

Jongsuk took a deep breath and gathered himself again. "What are you doing in my office?" Jongsuk's question jolted Shin Hye back to reality and she quickly looked away from him, afraid that her emotions would give her away. "I...I just wanted to ask you a question." Shin Hye gave an excuse but when Jongsuk looked expectantly at her, she felt super pressured to come up with a legit question. All of a sudden, she felt the urge to tell him the truth. From what he said in his dream, she knew that he definitely missed her, and despite everything, she wanted nothing more than to be with him again. It might be painful, but as Seohyun had advised her, she couldn't be living a lie for the rest of her life. 

With an unexpected boldness, she walked forward and sat down in front of Jongsuk, who looked at her with sleepy eyes. "What's the question?" Jongsuk asked again. Tears welling up in her eyes once again, Shin Hye asked in a shaky voice. "Did you ever love someone so much to the point where you feel like you can conquer all problems and everything life throws at you as long as you have that person by your side? Well I did, I still do. And the person that I love to this extent is...is you. I remember now, Jongsuk." 

I only have you
I’ll be okay if only I have you
My first person, the only one in my life
Just looking at you makes me tear

A/N: Double update again because school holidays are ending and I want to finish as much as I can in these few days! Sorry that this chapter is so short but I hope you'll enjoy it! Really enjoying the recent Pinocchio episodes and I can't wait for more xDD