I hope that you'll be happy too

The Vengeance of Justice

"I checked with my connection at the airport, it is confirmed that Park Jisung has left Korea, but the duration of his departure is not confirmed." Woobin reported as he sipped his coffee. Ex Private Investigator and current journalist, Kim Woobin was indeed the most valuable friend Jongsuk had ever had. It was fortunate that they had been friends since young, and Woobin was one of the few people in the world that Jongsuk could trust. "This means that he is out of the picture for now, so what will you do about Park Shin Hye?" Jongsuk blew into his hot coffee. "To be honest, I just want to keep things as status quo. Since she doesn't have her memories, it's still possible for the two of us to coexist peacefully, happily even. I can love her to my heart's content without having to hide it and she can accept my love without any burdens." 


Shin Hye smiled slightly as she spotted Yonghwa waving at her from the entrance of the amusement park. Shin Hye had a day off today from the tv station as they were busy on other projects and Yonghwa had invited her to Everland for a day of fun. Being a huge fan of rollercoasters and amusement parks, Shin Hye had accepted his offer despite the fact that she still felt burdened about Jongsuk. After confessing everything to Seohyun that day, she had felt a lot better but Seohyun's advice bothered her. She didn't have the slightest idea how to tell the truth to Jongsuk, and she still felt reluctant to. She wasn't exactly very eager to reunite with her father as well. He held up the tickets with a grin when she reached him and pointed the way in. "Let's enter, Shin Hye." She nodded and followed in his footsteps before she suddenly stood still. It had taken her a while to notice but the park was wayyy too quiet for this time of the year. It was nearing the holidays and even without the regular crowd of students there ought to be foreign tourists at least. She glanced around at her surroundings and there wasn't a single person in sight. "Yonghwa oppa, where is everyone? Are we the only ones here?" 

Yonghwa started to blush as he slowly nodded his head. "I booked the entire park just for us! So today, please, play to your heart's content. I wanted to help you relax after everything that has been happening, and this was the best way I could think of!" Shin Hye was startled at Yonghwa's display of wealth (yet again) and she felt slightly uncomfortable at his words but she decided to be grateful and show her appreciation. "Thank you, Yonghwa sshi, let's have a good time today!" 

She had to admit, it was a lot more fun taking the rides without having to queue, and this was the first time that she had been to this park in the last 5 years. After 7 rides on the T-Express, they finally decided to take a break. Yonghwa, looking a bit green in the face suggested that they go to the safari to relax and to check out the interesting animals. Shin Hye agreed without a moment's hesitation and after stopping to buy some ice cream, they boarded the carboat. Once again, it was a novel experience for Shin Hye to be on this ride without anyone else. Yonghwa watched Shin Hye's lighted up and excited face happily, secretly thanking his mother for coming up with this idea for him. He watched her as she fed the adorable giraffe hesitantly and took a few photos of her in the process. When the guide signalled to him, he took a deep breath and got out of his seat. He walked to where Shin Hye was standing and at this moment, another giraffe poked her head into the safari. In was a plastic folder. Shin Hye took the plastic folder out of the giraffe's mouth in wonder and rewarded her with more leaves. Looking at Yonghwa questioningly, Yonghwa motioned for her to open it, which she did. Shin Hye reached into the plastic folder to find an envelope and a small box. She opened the envelope first, and on it was Yonghwa's familiar handwriting. It read simply, "Shin Hye, this may come as a shock to you but I have had a crush on you since the moment I met you 3 years ago. It took me a long time to gather my courage but I present my heart to you now. You don't have to accept me immediately but I hope you give me a chance. Can we date?" It ended with a cute smiley face and when Shin Hye opened the box, she found a necklace with a heart shaped pendant in it. Shin Hye didn't expect this confession, certainly not in such an earnest way and for a moment she didn't know how to react. She kept her eyes on the letter and avoided Yonghwa's gaze. His heart was beating very quickly as he awaited her reply. Shin Hye knew that her relationship with Yonghwa was impossible, especially because she had regained her memories and her love for Jongsuk. Even without those she had never considered being together with him. After deliberating about the best possible way to break the news to him, she looked up at him with a gentle smile. 

"Yonghwa oppa, I really appreciate everything that you've done for me, not just today but for the past 3 years. Believe me, without you I would never have survived all this while on my own. But...I'm sorry..." "How am I not good enough?" Yonghwa asked in a painful voice. Despite all his hopes, he always had a strong doubt that Shin Hye would ever accept him. The way she looked at him was as if she was looking at a friend, or sometimes as a brother, but he had never seen love in her eyes. He had held on tightly to the hope that she would accept him today, but the higher the hope, the greater the disappointment. "I don't want to force myself on to you, but can't you just give me a chance?" 

"I'm sorry, Yonghwa oppa, I have only seen and will only see you as a brother. I hope this won't affect our friendship because I don't ever want to lose someone as precious as you...besides, I already have someone else." Shin Hye decided to tell the truth to Yonghwa as well. "Who?" Yonghwa looked up at Shin Hye's words. He had been by her side all this while and he didn't sense that there was any other man in her life. Unless..."The guy who saved you from the accident? The PD from the tv station?" Shin Hye nodded with a small chuckle. "I guess, even now we're fated eh...we used to date. 6 years ago, to be precise." The wheels in Yonghwa's mind clicked and he looked at her in surprise. "You...got back your memories? He was from your past?" Shin Hye nodded again. "That's why I can't ever accept your love, because I still love that man." 

That evening, Shin Hye and Yonghwa strolled out of Everland slowly. For once Yonghwa didn't offer to send her home, and they didn't hug goodbye as they used to. The atmosphere was rather awkward between them, but it was a lot better than Shin Hye had imagined. "Thank you for today, Yonghwa oppa, and I'm sorry for everything again. I've been receiving your continuous love and support the past 3 years, so I won't be taking this necklace. Give it to someone that you'll truly love and I wish you all the best." Yonghwa forced a smile as he received the box and nodded at her words. "I'll be happy, don't worry, Shin Hye. I hope that you'll be happy too."