The Threat

The Vengeance of Justice

Jongsuk hesitated for a split second, but the desparation and conviction in Jong Kook's voice finally convinced him. "Alright, I'll believe in you." Jongsuk reached out his hand towards Jong Kook and they shook hands firmly. "Let me start by telling you about Park Jisung." 


Shin Hye took a sip of her warm tea before answering her father. "You're right, Appa, I did regain my memory, that's why I'm here today, to reunite with you. I'm sorry that it took so long for me to come back to you." Ji Sung smiled lovingly at his daughter. "The important thing is that you're back now, the past is in the past, no point dwelling on it. How then, did you feel when you found Jongsuk at your side?" Shin Hye's hands shook suddenly, but she quickly regained her calm. She looked at her father blankly as she replied, "I was shocked, definitely, but I was happy to have someone of my past still with me. He may have done some horrible things to me in the past, but I know that he's different now, he won't hurt me again." 

"Are you sure about that?" Ji Sung asked quietly, with a menancing tone in his voice. "Because I'm not. He knows too much about us, he's a great threat to our safety. We can't risk having him around. We need to get rid of him." Shin Hye looked at her father in horror. "What did he do to deserve this? And why 'we' ? What are you planning, Appa?" Ji Sung raised an eyebrow at her. "I already know that he's in London, and that he's having tea with Jongkook now. To be honest, the both of you are really too naive. Did you really think that you would be able to hide anything from me? Everything...everything is part of my plan. Don't bother to fight it, Shin Hye, you'll follow my plans soon enough. For one thing, you'll kill Lee Jongsuk personally." 


"Park Ji Sung is a scary man. Sometimes you wonder whether he even has a shred of conscience, or whether he ever cares for anyone truly. There were only 2 times where I saw him lose his cool, once when Yoo Jaesuk killed Kang Hee Gun by accident during the kidnapping, and the other time when Shin Hye saved him from your truck. When he hates someone, he hates them with a vengeance, which becomes extremely strong when he feels passionate about something. You, young man, are in extreme danger right now, because he hates you with more than a vengeance. He sees you as someone who is obstructing him and his daughter, and will stop at nothing to remove you from his life. He will turn everyone you trust against you, and it'll likely end with your death. There's only one thing that I can tell you now. Don't lose your faith in the people you trust, no matter what they may appear to be doing to you. Keep your trust in them, it's the only thing that will save you now." Jongsuk swallowed as he heard these solemn words. For some reason, he had the thought that Shin Hye, or even Jong Kook was being forced into something they didn't want to do. It scared him considerably to think about it, but he nodded at the advice. Trust was the only thing he had left on his side, and he wasn't afraid. 

That night Jongsuk sat on his hotel bed in deep thought. The day had been exhuasting but he knew that he wouldn't be able to sleep. He glanced at his phone for what must have been the thousandth time since he had texted Shin Hye. He had followed his SOS text with an explanation and had told her to call him back. That was 2 hours ago, and the normally fast replier Shin Hye hadn't replied him. The worst part was, she had read the message but she still didn't reply. He couldn't help worrying about her, wondering if her father had hurt her in any way. The doorbell rang suddenly, jolting him out of his thoughts. He opened the door cautiously and his worried expression faded when he saw Shin Hye in his doorway. She smiled when she saw him too and leapt into his embrace. 

When they were setlled comfortably in the room, Shin Hye asked in concern. "How are you? Why the SOS?" Jongsuk shook his head with a smile. "It was nothing, actually, just that Kim Jongkook pretended to be my taxi driver and we ended up having a chat in a cafe. He...he told me that he was willing to help us defeat your father." Shin Hye looked up at him but without much surprise. "I always knew that Jong Kook was a good guy. It's good that you...we... have him on our side." She spoke hesitantly, which made Jongsuk feel worried. "What's up with you tonight? You didn't reply my messages either." Shin Hye shook her head. "I didn't reply because I was intending to  come here anyway, I wanted to surprise you. Tomorrow...tomorrow do you want to go out? We can go to visit museums, walk around old buildings, or just sit at a small cafe and talk. Just...a classic date in London. What do you say?" She asked Jongsuk with a faint smile and a hint of sadness. Jongsuk felt her hidden sorrow and cupped her face gently. "Sure." 

He pulled her into a hug and she hugged him tightly, her tears spilling out on his coat. She cried softly, so that he wouldn't be able to tell. He held her for a long time, feeling her body relax after several minutes and her sobs starting to subside. He didn't draw attention to the fact that he knew she was crying but let her cry it out. Maybe it was because she had finally met her father again, or that the day was too overwhelming for her. Whatever it was, Jongsuk wanted to be there for her. His face darkened as he recalled Jongkook's words. Was Shin Hye going to betray him? Is that why she was so upset now? 

Shin Hye suddenly sat up and looked at Jongsuk with her red wet eyes. "Jongsuk ah, listen to me. No matter what, when you hear the word 'love', remember me, and trust me. No matter what." Too stunned to react, Jongsuk nodded dumbly at the comment. Shin Hye leaned into him again and inhaled his familiar scent. "I love you, Jongsuk, please remember that." 

A/N: Tried to go on an AFF hiatus but it didn't work >< Anyway this fic is finally finishing soon so I really hope that y'all will continue reading till the end! In the meantime, I have come up with a new fic that I will work on once this one is done! Please go and subscribe :) thank you and have a good weekend ahead! I'm extremely busy this weekend so I decided to update earlier for this week :)