Final Showdown (2)

The Vengeance of Justice

"Jongsuk ah, listen to me. No matter what, when you hear the word 'love', remember me, and trust me. No matter what." As Jongsuk stared at the gun pointing in front of him, Shin Hye's words resounded in his ears. He knew that he had nothing to be afraid, and he stared at her without showing a twinge of fear. Ji Sung, on the other hand looked beyond pleased at this development. "I'm proud of you, my daughter, for finally taking on this act of purging. Go on, do it." 

Shin Hye's hands shook as she stared into Jongsuk's shining eyes and slowly pulled on the trigger. Ji Sung leaned forward, eager to watch Jongsuk's end and Jongsuk closed his eyes, bracing himself. Finally, Shin Hye took a leap of courage and pulled the gun towards her father in the last minute. The shot rang out loudly, like a  sudden clap of thunder on a sunny day. Shin Hye stared at the bullet hole in the wall behind her father and slowly faced her father, hot tears forming in her eyes. The expression on his face was a combination of so many different expressions that she wasn't sure what her father was feeling at the moment. Finally, all the confusion, betrayal, anger and sadness melted into a  chilling smile. 

"My, my, Shin Hye, my daughter, did I bring you up so badly that you even missed your target? I must say, I'm rather disappointed in you." He smirked as he walked closer towards Shin Hye, who retreated with every step that he took towards her. Jongsuk, having recovered from the shock had sprung into action by standingnext to  Shin Hye protectively. "Appa! I did that and missed the shot to give you a second chance. Appa, no matter what I'm still your daughter, no matter how many times you've wronged me and everyone that I love I still love you. Appa, will you please, stop here?" Shin Hye pleaded with her father, tears running down her face and her hands tremblng violently as she held the gun. Ji Sung's face turned incredulous and he shook his head with a sigh. "Well then, I'm sorry to disappoint. I'm in too far to stop now, I can't." With those last words he reached into his back pocket and shot at Jongsuk.

At that moment Shin Hye closed her eyes and shot with all her might. Shin Hye heard thuds of bodies around her and even felt a few splats on her body. She didn't dare to open her eyes but called out in despair."J-Jongsuk? Ap-pa?" When she got no response she dropped her gun and knelt on the ground in shock. She couldn't believe that she had just shot at her father and that everything had ended so tragically. Suddenly, a warm presence enveloped her and a comforting voice whispered in her ears. "I'm here, Shin Hye ah, it's over." It was Jongsuk, Shin Hye realised with a start, and she opened her tear-filled eyes immediately. He knelt down and hugged her tightly as she started to sob in his arms. "What happened? Didn't my father shoot at you?" She pulled herself out of his embrace and looked around the room, realising with a sickening feeling that her father was dead. She saw the blood on her hands and realised that it didn't come from her father, who was too far of a distance away. Her gaze fell on Jongkook, who lay motionless in front of her father. She hurried over to them with Jongsuk and the both of them had stopped breathing. Jongsuk said sorrowfully, "Park Ji Sung shot at me and it was going to be a direct shot, except for the fact that Jongkook suddenly appeared and took the bullet for me. Your bullet, it hit your father in the heart." Shin Hye touched her father's motionless body numbly, barely registering the fact that he had died with his eyes open and as she looked at the blood on her hands she simply sat down in the middle of the room. She had no idea what was going on now or what she was going to do with her guilt from now on. Jongsuk looked at her despairingly but could do little except to call the police and sit beside Shin Hye to comfort her.

While Jongsuk explained the situation to the police Shin Hye sat at the back of an ambulance with a blanket wrapped around her shoulders. She watched as the dead bodies of her father and Jongkook were wheeled away and felt like throwing up as the events of the past hour repeated itself in her head again. It was all her fault. Once the police had arrived and surrounded the whole building, the numerous guards surrounding the building no longer became an obstacle. When Ji Hyo had arrived at the scene in floods of tears, Shin Hye started to feel guilty all over again. Ji Hyo spotted Shin Hye in the ambulance and ran over to her. Surprisingly however Ji Hyo didn't say anything but hugged her in silence. "I'm sorry for your loss, Unnie, it was all my fault." Shin Hye found her voice and apologised to Ji Hyo. "Don't be silly, Shin Hye, you did what was necessary in that situation. And my Jongkook, I'm just glad that he stayed true to his principles. You and Jongsuk have to live happily alright, if only for the numerous sacrifices that have been made for the two of you." Shin Hye nodded gratefully as tears sprouted in her eyes once again. The moment was short-lived as Jongsuk came over to her with a police officer, looking troubled. Shin Hye stood up as if expecting this and asked the officer directly. "Do I need to go to jail for this?" The police officer looked a little hesitant with the answer but Jongsuk didn't hide the truth. He pulled her close to her and kissed her forehead. "I'll wait for you, no matter how long it'll take." As he hugged Shin Hye, the tears that rolled out of his eyes matched the sorrow of hers. The feud was finally over, but it didn't end without tragedy and lasting consequences. 

*The story is finally coming to an end!! thank you for your continued support and i hope this resolution was satisfactory! the last chapter will be posted very soon :) also yayyy darling couple did another pictorial tgt!