New Beginnings

The Vengeance of Justice

4 years later 

"It's already your last day in prison, how do you feel about regaining your freedom in approximately 24 hours?" Seohyun asked Shin Hye with a playful smile. Shin Hye smiled back, her face slightly thinner and more haggard than before, but apart from that looking very much the same. The past 4 years hadn't been easy for her in prison, as she had to live with the guilt of her father's death hanging over her. She had returned to Korea and was judged in the Korean court for manslaughter, however with Bo Young's help her sentence had gotten reduced to 4 years. It was still a long time, but Shin Hye was thankful that she didn't have to go through it alone. Everyday someone would come to visit her, whether it was the currently rich chaebol's wife Seohyun or her friend of many years Yonghwa, or better still the man who was still waiting for her, Jongsuk. Through her friends she kept updated about the world outside the prison and their lives. In Yonghwa and Seohyun's case, their happily married life, and the birth of their first child. In Jongsuk's case, how the tv station had elected a new president after the death of Yoo Jaesuk, how Jongsuk was producing new dramas, how Sora had resigned from the tv station after hearing about Yoo Jaesuk and was currently studying abroad to get a Masters Degree. 

Shin Hye had made close friends in her jail cell as well, something that she would not have thought possible. Together with them, the prison's counsellor also came to see her frequently, and helped her to get over her father's death. Seohyun knocked on the glass that separated them. "Yah Shin Hye are you listening?" Shin Hye snapped out of her thoughts and laughed apologetically. "Mianhae, I was just thinking about my time here. What were you saying again?" As Seohyun contendly went back to her story about her child's birthday party, Shin Hye couldn't help but notice that Jongsuk hadn't been visiting her for the past 2 days. Where did he go? She thought forlornly. 

The next morning, the sun shined brightly, giving the day an overall warm feel. Shin Hye woke up with a lighter heart than usual, and she couldn't believe that the day she could regain her freedom was finally here. As she gathered her belongings and bade farewell to her prison mates, she signed the paperwork and walked out of the prison cell, and then the prison gates. The metal gates that had imprisoned her for so long clanked shut behind her, and she heaved in a deep sigh of relief. She was back in the real world, freer than she had ever been before. She looked around her and then at the big clock that was hanging at the guard post. She had told Jongsuk a long time ago what time she would be released but he wasn't there to pick her up. She crossed her arms disappointedly, her euphoric heart sinking slightly. Suddenly, a black sedan pulled up next to her and an excited Seohyun opened the car door. "Shin Hye! Come in!" Shin Hye entered the car curiously, shocked at the sudden change of plans. "Why did you come and pick me up? Where's Jongsuk?" Shin Hye asked Seohyun, who just stayed silent with a mysterious smile on her face. The car stopped at a road that Shin Hye didn't recognise and she was about to ask Seohyun where they were when the door opened. Yonghwa held the door open with a wide smile on his face. "Welcome back, Shin Hye." He wrapped her in a tight hug before leading her to a shop next to the road. 

Shin Hye gasped in astonishment when she saw the brightly lighted up shop, and when she entered to find a whole array of bridal gowns, her heart leapt in anticipation. A soft guitar sound started to fill the room and Shin Hye looked towards the centre of the shop, where Jongsuk sat playing a guitar. He was dressed handsomely in a tuxedo and next to him there was an empty chair with a bridal gown laid over it. When he caught her eye, he smiled shyly as he started to sing. 

"Will you marry me
Do you want to live together forever
We can sweetly love each other,
Have a baby that looks like me, a baby that looks like you,
Not be sick forever.. i want to live like that

Honestly, i love you more
In a relationship between man and woman
They say it's better like that

I'll love you more
I'll care for you more
When tears fall and it's hard
When it hurts, we'll hurt together
i'll love you forever
I'll protect you forever
i'm thankful that i met someone as great as you
I want to love only you everyday

Will you marry me?" 

Jongsuk looked at Shin Hye expectantly, who had listened to his song with tears in her eyes. "I know that my singing isn't very good, and that this method of proposal is extremely cliched, but Park Shin Hye...will you marry me?" He produced a ring box from his pocket and walked over to her, kneeling in front of her. Tears streamed down her face as Shin Hye nodded vigorously and she couldn't contain her smile when Jongsuk stood up and engulfed her in a hug. Jongsuk her head and inhaled in her familiar scent, his eyes shining more than it had for the past 4 years. "I'm so sorry that it took me 4 years to ask you this question, Shin Hye. I missed you...so much...." He whispered into her ear. In a choked up voice Shin Hye replied, "I'm sorry that I haven't been with you for 4 years, but thank you...so much...for never giving up on me, for always being there for me, for waiting 4 years for me, for always loving me. Now...put on this ring for me, please." Jongsuk broke the hug with a laugh and opened the ringbox, where a sparkling diamond ring lay. He took it out and gently placed it through Shin Hye's finger. A soft clapping rippled through the store and the couple realised that the Yongseo couple had joined them, along with Bo Young and her current boyfriend Sang Hyun. Seohyun could barely contain her happiness and excitement and she said through her tears, "Hurry go and put on your wedding dress! I chose it for you along with Jongsuk oppa and Yonghwa!" Shin Hye laughed at her friend and walked over to her friends, hugging them tightly. "Thank you, all, for always being there for me." Seohyun took her hand and dragged her into the changing room, while Jongsuk and the others waited in anticipation for Shin Hye's transformation.

As Shin Hye donned the beautiful white gown, Seohyun gasped at the sight. "Omo you're the prettiest bride I've ever seen! Save for myself, of course." Seohyun joked. As she helped Shin Hye apply some basic makeup and re-tie her hair, Shin Hye looked at Seohyun earnestly. "Thank you for all your support, Seohyun, from 9 years ago until now. You're the best friend I could ever ask for, and I'm so happy that you're happily living with Yonghwa now." Seohyun hugged Shin Hye briefly before looking at her in the eyes. "You, Park Shin Hye, have been through a lot of troubles in your life, but trust me when I say this, you are one of the most fortunate people ever. To be blessed with a man who loves you so deeply, and will continue to do so for the rest of your lifetime, to be blessed with friends who always have your back, you must be happy. Promise me that." Remembering the words that Ji Hyo had told her as well, Shin Hye nodded with conviction. "I promise you, from the bottom of my heart." 

When the two ladies emerged from the changing room, Jongsuk felt as if his heart had stopped. Shin Hye stood on the platform shyly, with the white wedding gown draped over her, looking like a perfect angel. His heart swelled with love for her and when he stepped up on the platform as well, the room resounded with oohs and aahs. "Such a perfect looking couple, if I may say so myself." Bo Young commented cheekily. Jongsuk and Shin Hye stared into each other's eyes blissfully, feeling that every trial they had gone through together was worth it for this very moment. It wasn't the end, but it was a new beginning for the both of them. 

~End~ 

*A/N: Phew I finally finished the fanfic!! Thank you so much for your support through subscribing and commenting faithfully after every chapter :) I  really got a lot of strength from your kind words and I hope this ending was satisfactory for you! Darling couple fighting! <3 

**Song lyrics from http://www.jpopasia.com/lyrics/27863/lee-seung-gi/will-you-marry-me.html