This is only the Beginning

The Vengeance of Justice

Shin Hye checked herself in the mirror one last time before sighing deeply. No matter how many times she did this, she was still nervous before a tour. “It’s now or never, Park Shin Hye, you can do this, hwaiting!” She pumped her fist into the air softly before opening the door and heading out into the cold breeze. She attached her body mic and fixed a warm smile on her face before heading out to the group of curious visitors waiting at the notice board. “Annyeonghasaeyo! Are you here for the Korean tour? I am Park Shin Hye, your guide for today. Welcome to Changdeokgung, the second royal villa built following the construction of Gyeongbukgung in 1405…”


Jongsuk shook his head coldly. “This idea won’t work.” Sora, who was sitting next to him pouted at him. “Why not, PD-nim? It’s an idea we have never tried before!” “Do you really think having a show centered on old actresses going overseas would bring in good ratings? Even if the show becomes popular, the amount of money and effort we would have to spend ensuring that the ladies will be kept safe and that their health won’t be affected will definitely be more than what we earn. Who will take responsibility if an accident happens to the ladies? Will you do that, Kang Sora sshi?” President  Yoo spoke up for the first time in the meeting. “I agree with Jongsuk, it is too much work. For the time being, let us continue with the virtual marriage program until we can come up with something better. Meeting adjourned.”

Everyone stood up and left the room one by one, leaving a discouraged Sora slumped at the table. President Yoo placed a hand on her shoulder before he left. “Don’t let Jongsuk get you down, aren’t you used to him already? Keep coming up with creative ideas!” She smiled at the president gratefully. Yoo Jaesuk was the owner of the TV Station and had started it himself a few decades back. He was a kind and encouraging man, all the while remaining strictly professional when it came to business matters, thus creating the success that was now SKC TV station. Sora walked out of the meeting room in deep thought, determined to come up with a good idea. As one of the station’s newest scriptwriters, she wanted to make a name for herself and to contribute to the success of the station, however it wasn’t as easy as it sounded. The entertainment scene had been established for many years in Korea, and it was getting harder to come up with a completely original variety show concept.

She suddenly bumped into someone and she looked up, startled. She found herself staring into Jongsuk’s beautiful eyes, and he held up a coffee cup. “I’m sorry about just now, I wasn’t trying to be mean.” His direct apology caused Sora’s depressed feelings to vanish completely. She took the cup and stuck her tongue out at him. “Do you think I wouldn’t know that already? It’s already been a year since I’ve worked with you.” Jongsuk smiled slightly. “Don’t get discouraged Sora, you’re on the right track to success. Just keep at it, alright?” Sora nodded enthusiastically at Jongsuk and waved at him as he walked back to his cubicle. 


Shin Hye stood on the steps of the palace, patiently waiting for the visitors to finish taking their photos. She shivered a little as the cold air seeped into her thin hanbok. She clenched her fists as she mentally told herself: Only 2 more stops to go…only 2 more stops to go… Once the visitors turned around to face her though, her painful expression had vanished completely and she continued in a cheery tone. “Moving on to our next destination…”


Meanwhile, in a dark office in London, a Korean man sat at his desk silently. His assistant hovered around the desk, waiting in apprehension for his boss’s instruction. “How is Shin Hye now?” The assistant passed him a sheaf of papers and on top of the pile was a picture of Shin Hye in her hanbok, smiling as she led the tour. The boss’s icy expression melted slightly into a smile as he her face. “I’m glad that she is safe. Make sure that she is kept hidden from Lee Jongsuk, this is only the beginning.”