The Fall

The Vengeance of Justice

Park Ji Sung glared at the man standing sheepishly in front of him. "So you're  saying that you can't find Lee Jongsuk now? Why did i hire you if you aren't able to do something as simple as tracking a hospital patient?" Kim Jongkook lowered his head and apologised. "l have failed you Sir." Ji Sung chased him out the room  before pouring himself a glass of vodka.His daughter's unexpected reappearance (and with Jongsuk none the less) had severely unnerved him.Although he had  kept watch over her the past few years,he had never shown himself to her. Now that she had even overheard them, Ji  Sung wondered if all his efforts at protecting her had gone to waste. He was never the best father to Shin Hye, he knew that better than anyone. However, she had not stopped loving him, even to the point where she had sacrificed herself for him, in that fateful accident 5 years ago. At that time he had been expecting Jongsuk's revenge, even was prepared for it, but he didn't expect Shin Hye to run out and save him from the truck. It was then that he vowed to protect Shin Hye with everything that he had, even if it meant not recognising her when she lost her memory. He had wanted to protect her physically  (he had offended plenty of people in the past) and emotionally, so that she wouldn't have to live knowing that her father was a murderer. But it was too late now, Ji Sung realised. The truth will always prevail, no matter how much i want to hide it. He made his decision and called Jongkook back in. "New assignment for you. Bring my daughter to me."


Sora led Shin Hye to a drama set, where a romantic comedy was being filmed. "To thank you for all the ideas you gave me for the new show, you can watch this drama being filmed!" Shin Hye clapped her hands in delight. "Wah daebak! It's the new show with Myungsoo and Krystal! I watched their previous drama and I'm a total fan of this couple. " Sora grinned and nodded. "They're really cute in real life as well. They're filming a breakup scene now though. "   

Myungsoo looked at Krystal sadly, and he wiped her tears away affectionately. "Don't cry, don't cry over a bad guy like me." Krystal blinked a few times to stop her tears and returned his gaze. "I don't know why you're leaving me, but i know it's not because you don't love me. Until you're willing to tell me what's wrong, I'll continue to believe this lie. I'll be okay, so promise me that you will be too." Krystal pulled Myungsoo into a passionate kiss as both their tears continued to drip down their faces. After a few moments the director cut the scene and the studio was filled with sniffing sounds as the crew wiped away their own tears. Sora was sobbing as well and when she turned to ask Shin Hye what she thought, Shin Hye had disappeared. 

Shin Hye sat alone in the stairwell, tears running down her cheeks. For some reason that scene was especially poignant to her, and she felt as if she hsd experienced it before. Jongsuk's tearstained face kept appearing in her mind and once she closed her eyes she could feel him her cheeks,  wiping her tears, she could feel the warmth of his embrace. She clutched her head in pain as she tried desparately to cling on to those memories and she stood up a little unsteadily, wanting to get out of the now suffocating stairwell. Once she stood however her head hurt so badly and she missed a step while walking down. She tumbled down the stairs and felt a moment of excruciating pain before the world went black.