Rewind, Remember, Restart

The Vengeance of Justice

Jongsuk looked at the letter on his desk one more time before leaving the room. A bright smile was on his face as he left the house and it remained there when he entered the office. It was a rarity for him to even smile in the office, let alone while walking in in the morning when everyone else was sleepy and grumpy. As he walked past the cubicles everyone stared at him, especially Sora. In her shock and excitement at seeing him, she dropped the papers that she was holding and Shin Hye quickly bent down to pick it up. Jongsuk walked to his office without seeing Shin Hye and by the time she stood up, Sora was still staring in his direction. "Omo what am I going to do...." Sora muttered dreamily. Shin Hye looked about curiously. "Who are you talking about, Sora sshi?" Without answering Shin Hye, Sora grabbed her hand and pulled her towards Jongsuk's office. "We have to present our idea to Lee PD before we can make it a reality! Come on!" 

Jongsuk looked up at the soft knock on his door. "Come in." He said absentmindedly, his mind still on his work. "Lee PD," Sora started, with a lilt in her voice. He nodded for her to continue, still oblivious to the special guest that had entered his room as well. "I think that I have a new and fresh idea for a variety program!" He looked up finally, with a gentle smile, which froze in place once he caught side of Shin Hye, who was standing quietly next to the excited Sora. He tried hard not to let the shock he felt show on his face, but Sora caught the expression anyway. "Oh, I forgot to introduce you! This is Park Shin Hye, a tour guide from Changdeokgung palace that can help us with this new program!" Sora pushed Shin Hye forward slightly and Shin Hye met Jongsuk's eyes briefly. Jongsuk tried to move his gaze away from her alluring eyes but he found himself unable to. Shin Hye found Jongsuk strangely familiar, but even more than that, she found him comforting, as if he was someone that she loved and trusted all her life, even though it was just their first meeting. She stopped staring at him and quickly bowed to him. "Annyeonghasaeyo, Park Shin Hye immida." Once she broke their eye contact, Jongsuk forced himself back to reality and accepted her bow politely. "So, what is your idea, Sora?" 

As Sora talked, he attempted to pay attention, but every too often his eyes shifted to Shin Hye. Although the initial shock had wore off, he still felt a whirl of emotions. Firstly, he was curious at why Shin Hye didn't recognise him, and he was thankful that she seemed to forget what he had previously done to her. Deeper than that though, the love he felt for her in the past was reignited and it was only now that he realised that he had never forgotten her, or stopped loving her, despite anything he had tried to tell himself. He remembered her soft hair, her innocent grin, her beautiful laughter, and he felt a strong desire to hear that laughter once again. Tears nearly came into his eyes but he blinked them back. There was a sudden silence in the room and he looked at Sora questioningly. "I'm sorry, but why did you stop?" Sora cocked her head to the side. "Excuse me? Oh uhhh...it was because...I finished my proposal..." Jongsuk blushed slightly, extremely embarassed. "Oh right...I'm sorry...that was a...a great proposal....Park Shin Hye sshi? I welcome you to our team, I hope we'll work well together." He stretched out his hand for Shin Hye to shake, and when she did, albeit hesitantly, the familiar warmth of her hand touched Jongsuk once more. He had no idea what Sora's proposal was about, but he suddenly knew that he would do anything to keep Shin Hye at his side. It was selfish of him, definitely, but he couldn't help but give in to his emotions. 

When Shin Hye had left the office, Jongsuk smiled a little to himself as he marvelled at the change in his attitude. Just a day before, he would have been angry to see Shin Hye, afraid even, but ever since he had dropped his revenge burden, he felt like he was able to embrace his emotions once again. And he knew, that he had never stopped loving Shin Hye. 

Meanwhile, a young man braved the cold winds and made his way to the entrance of Changdeokgung palace. He approached the security guards and asked, "Excuse me, I was wondering...where is Park Shin Hye sshi? Is she on duty today?" Seohyun, who was Shin Hye's fellow worker, was stepping out of the office when she spotted him. She walked over to him with a smile. "Yonghwa sshi! You're here again? I'm sorry though, Shin Hye isn't around today. She didn't tell me where she went, but I can ask for you!" Yonghwa flashed her a stunning smile. "Would you do that for me? Thank you so much!" He walked away briskly as Seohyun stared after him in a daze. "Shin Hye...that lucky girl...she has such a handsome man asking for her all the time..." She muttered before heading off to do her tours. 

*A/N: YAY! Yonghwa is finally introduced into the story hehehe and for some fun I put Seohyun there too! (Yongseo hehehe) continue reading/commenting/subscribing/upvoting! Love y'all <3