Who are you?

The Vengeance of Justice

Jongsuk tried to maintain his breathing but the sudden tension showed on his face. Shin Hye looked at him in concern. "PD nim, are you not feeling well? Would you like to go back to the palace now?" Jongsuk shook his head woodenly. "You head on first, I'll be back shortly." He bolted out the cafe and hurriedly crossed the road, in search of Park Ji Sung, who had disappeared suddenly. Shin Hye watched him in shock and her instincts told her to follow him. Deciding to ignore Jongsuk's instruction, she followed him at a distance. She watched him from a corner as he paced around frantically, desparately even. His face expressed fear and anxiety, but darker and stronger than that was his rage. His eyes were literally smoking and Shin Hye stifled a gasp as she watched him. The normally calm PD had lost his cool completely, and reminded Shin Hye of a wild savage. She had never imagined that he would ever be like that, and this made her even more curious to find out who had caused him to behave this way. She continued to follow him quietly as he walked into a narrow alley. Jongsuk's footsteps suddenly stopped, and Shin Hye quickly ducked behind a wall. She couldn't see who he had met but she could hear their conversation rather clearly. Jongsuk stared at Ji Sung with as much rage as he could gather before he growled, "What are you doing back in Korea?" The old man raised an eyebrow and laughed sarcastically. "What are you doing with Shin Hye? I'm warning you, stay away from here." 

"Why do you care?" Jongsuk's voice had lost its rage and was now deathly quiet. "You abandoned her, and she doesn't even remember you anymore." He retorted coldly. "She doesn't remember you either." Ji Sung shot back. "I'm warning you, lay a finger on her and I'll do worse to your sister." Ji Sung held up his handphone, where there was a picture of Bo Young at her law office. Jongsuk's eyes widened at the picture, and the fear returned to torment him once again. Shaking, he looked up at Ji Sung. "What do you want with her? Why did you send surveillance on her? I'm warning you as well, if you dare to lay a finger on her, I will slaughter you, not just you but everyone in your family line. Trust me, I will do as I say." His voice was trembling with rage and fear as he said this, and Ji Sung once again laughed at his threat. "You do what you want, but trust me as well, when I say that I will do more than I promise." Laughing loudly, Ji Sung walked away from the alley and reentered his Rolls Royce, leaving Jongsuk pale-faced and afraid in the alley. 

The memories of his father's wrongful death came back to Jongsuk once again and he clutched his head in anguish. These desires for revenge and his rage had taken a long time to fade away, and with the appearance of Shin Hye at the office he thought that she would be able to heal him, as she always did in the past. Little did he know that that temporary happiness would fade away so quickly, and all because of Park Jisung. 

Shin Hye leaned against the wall weakly, trying to make sense of what she heard. Apparently those two people were part of her past, the past that she couldn't remember no matter how hard she tried. She recalled what the two men had said earlier and she felt a chill go down her spine. What exactly was the feud between them, that they had to speak so dangerously to each other. She started to be afraid as she wondered what part she played between them. Did she cause this feud? Was she part of it? She hated the fact that she didn't know herself, that she didn't have a complete identity. Desparately needing to clear her head, she ran out of the alley, forgetting the fact that Jongsuk was still there and could hear her quickened footsteps. Upon the sound of her retreating footsteps, Jongsuk looked up in shock from where he had been staring at the ground. There was someone there? Someone listening to them? He got up and started to give chase immediately, as he worried about what the person could have heard. When he caught up with her, he grabbed her wrist and turned her around. His mind went blank as he stared into Shin Hye's familiar eyes, which were now filled with fear and betrayal. "Who...who are you?" She moved backwards, away from him, suddenly feeling very much like a prey in front of a predator. "Shin Hye sshi, I can explain..." "NO! Just...just tell me who you are please..." She begged him as she continued to move backwards, away from him. Tears sprouted out of her helpless eyes as she continued to ask him. "Shin Hye sshi...just let me explain all of this..." "No, no please don't come any neare-" A car's horn suddenly sounded in their eyes and Shin Hye turned in time to face the oncoming car.