Drowning

The Vengeance of Justice

It felt so good to bask in his embrace, to temporarily forget everything that was happening, but Shin Hye knew that it was all a delusion. They couldn't continue living their lives in oblivion, no matter how much they wanted it, because they knew they would not be completely happy till justice was served. WIth a great effort she finally pulled away from Jongsuk. He looked at her in despair with his red rimmed eyes and Shin Hye could feel her own tears resurfacing. "Jongsuk ah, don't be like that, I have to go. It's the only way. I'm sorry for not telling you about it earlier but..." "You didn't want to say goodbye?" Jongsuk finished the sentence for her. "But it doesn't have to be goodbye, Shin Hye." She looked at him incredulously. "What do you mean? You don't mean..." 

"Yes, I'm coming with you." 


Bo Young dropped the files she was holding in shock. "What? So you're just going to take off to the UK, just like that? Without any consideration for your work, your friends, your family? You didn't even bring your luggage you crazy jerk..." A knot of tears formed in Bo Young's throat as she listened to her brother's hurried explanation and once he had cut off the line, she slumped in her seat in a daze. Tears rolled down her face and she swatted at them irritably. Why was she even crying? It wasn't like it was the first time living without her brother, and they were both old enough to take care of themselves. Why then, did she feel like she was losing him? It took her awhile to sort out her thoughts and rationalise why she was crying, but the answer that she arrived at scared her even more than she thought was possible. He was going to the UK with Shin Hye to deal with Park Ji Sung, also known as the man who single-handedly wrecked their lives. What if he managed to do it again? 


Jaesuk didn't know how to react when Jongsuk called him with the news that he would be taking a long no-pay leave to go to the UK. He Shin Hye's resignation letter as he sat at his desk pondering the situation. Park Ji Sung had called him the day after she had submitted her resignation and told him about Shin Hye returning to the UK, so he wasn't surprised by her resignation in the least. Now with Jongsuk following her though, he wasn't sure if that was a good or a bad thing. Should he be calling Ji Sung to warn him? He had no idea why Ji Sung was so against Jongsuk, or why Jongsuk was even involved in the entire saga. On the other hand, Jongsuk leaving the country left Lee Bo Young a lot more vulnerable. His thoughts returned to the night that Ji Sung had called him, on the day of Jiyoung's wake. "This time, I want you to kill Lee Bo Young, Lee Jongsuk's sister. Hopefully, this will be your last job." The extra sinister voice scared him considerably but he asked, for the first time since this business started. "Why are you so against the Lees?" 

Ji Sung broke out into a scary laugh. "Do you really not know who the Lees are? If I were you, I would be more than willing to carry out this task." Ji Sung hung up after that, leaving Jaesuk in suspense of the answer. Jaesuk sighed as he reached for Bo Young's picture from his desk drawer. He had run a background check on her, and now knew her address and where she worked. He looked up at his schedule and used a red marker to circle a date. Tomorrow, he thought, tomorrow will be the day to end this once and for all. 


Jongsuk finally finished all the necessary calls and emerged from the check in counter triumphantly with an airplane ticket. He headed to Shin Hye with a big smile on his face. "This is where directing a show at the airport comes in useful, make friends and get benefits." He stopped talking when he noticed the blank expression on her face. "Why, what's the matter?" Shin Hye looked up at him. "You know why I'm going to my father this time, it's not going to be a happy reunion. If anything, life there will be so much more dangerous than in Korea, especially for you. If he knows you're coming with me, he's not going to let you off. He already did something so horrendous to your father all those years ago, and you've seen his power even here, indirectly. Aren't you even afraid? What are we going to do?" Jongsuk smiled at her comfortingly. He looked at his watch. "Hmm...we have approximately 12 hours on the plane together later to figure it out. I don't know about you, but I think that's plenty of time to work out a game plan." His face turned a tone darker as he continued. "And as the victim of Park Ji Sung from 5 years ago, I feel that I have the right to confront him, head on. No more hiding." 


Jaesuk watched as his subordinates and colleagues left the office. He felt a little nervous as Sora stared at him on her way out. Ever since her mother had passed away, she had acted differently around him. He didn't even know why, which made him feel like he was on tenterhooks whenever they spoke. Finally, when the office was empty, Jaesuk opened his office cupboard. There was a mini safe in there, and as he punched in the code, he tried to mentally prep himself for what he was about to do. In the safe, there were a few small bottles displayed. They were all small, but lethal as weapons. He took out a bottle with a clear liquid and retrieved a white handkerchief from the safe. He tucked these safely in his coat pocket and took a small knife from the safe as well. 


Bo Young stretched as she finally finished her long day at work and she pulled out her phone to check for messages. She knew that at this time Jongsuk would probably still be on the plane but she still hoped to receive a message from him. As she left the office her good friend, Yoon Sang Hyun waved goodbye at her. She entered her car and drove back to her home in a contended silence. She glanced occasionally at the rearview mirror and noticed a black car at a distance behind her. She thought nothing of it but when she noticed the same car more than twice she couldn't shake the feeling that the car was following her. Simply to make sure, she turned into a small driveway and parked there. She waited for about 5 minutes but the black car didn't follow. Relieved, she continued her drive home. 

Sang Hyun was packing up his things when suddenly a law associate ran into their office huffing and panting. "Where's Lawyer Lee?" She asked panickedly. Sang Hyun told her that Bo Young had left, which caused the associate to groan in frustration. "What am I going to do...she needs this for tomorrow and I forgot to give it to her today..." Hearing that, Sang Hyun remembered that he had been to Bo Young's house before, and it wasn't too far from his original route. "Give it to me, I'll pass it to her." He accepted the file from the associate and shrugging his shoulders headed to his car.

Bo Young bunned her hair and pulled on her swimming costume. Over it, she wore a t-shirt and shorts. Although her pool was in her private property, she still didn't feel comfortable walking to the pool with only her swimming costume. Meanwhile, Jaesuk got out of his black car and was stealthily sneaking into her compound. Of course, the fact that the compound wasn't heavily guarded helped. They only had one security camera installed at the gate, which was easy enough for Jaesuk to avoid. He was trying to figure out how to get into the house when Bo Young emerged from the back door. He quickly hid behind a pillar as she headed to the pool. Now was his chance, and he quickly doused the handkerchief with the clear liquid. Bo Young was checking her twitter feed when Sang Hyun called her. He told her that he was on the way to her house right then which caused Bo Young to decide against swimming. She quickly turned to go back to her house to change when she came face to face with Yoo Jaesuk, dressed in black. "You-" Before she could finish her sentence however, he pressed a handkerchief against her face and as soon as she smelt the alcohol scent she tried to pull his hand away from her, but he had an iron grip. The world soon faded to black around her and the last thing she remembered was the vibrating from her phone. 

Sang Hyun bit his lip as he checked his phone one more time. It had been 10 minutes since he had texted Bo Young and called her but she hadn't replied either. He wasn't sure if she was even home but he had already arrived at her property so he decided to take a look anyway. When he arrived however, a man in black started to sprint away from her home. He didn't know who the man was but his instincts told him that something was wrong. Without skipping a beat, he began to pursue the man but when he realised that Bo Young might be in danger, he thought quickly and ran towards the house instead. The gate was locked but he scaled quickly over the fence and when he spotted Bo Young floating in the pool, his heart stopped and he dashed towards her. Plunging in the pool, he swam to her frantically and pulled her out of the water. From the looks of it, she hadn't been in the water for too long but her eyes were closed and she wasn't breathing. Thankfully, Sang Hyun still remembered the CPR training he had received previously and after checking for her breathing, he placed his hands on her chest and started pressing hard. A few nerve wracking moments later, Bo Young's eyes flickered upon and she started to cough the water out of her lungs. Sang Hyun helped her to sit up as she slowly recovered. Bo Young held her head as it was aching and was shocked to see Sang Hyun there. "What are you doing here?" she asked him as soon as she was able to regain her voice. Sang Hyun pointed to the briefcase he had dumped on the floor as he had entered the pool. "I came to give you a document and saw you drowning in your own pool. How did this even happen? You could have died." 

Bo Young nodded, the memories of what had happened returning to her. "Yoo Jaesuk, he appeared in front of me as I was going for a swim and drugged me, I guess he dumped me in the pool. It was definitely him, I saw it." Sang Hyun remembered the man in black who had run off just moments ago. "I think I saw him too, was he wearing black?" Bo Young nodded. Sang Hyun helped her to get up and they entered the house, where Bo Young got towels for the both of them. "This is ridiculous, I can't believe he blatantly tried to kill me like that." Even in this situation, Sang Hyun tried hard to stifle a smile. Normally when people had near death experiences, they would be in shock or at least afraid, but Bo Young wasn't like that. On the countary, she seemed extremely incensed by the attempt on her life and was seemingly determined to take the killer on. That was one of the reasons why Bo Young stood out to him, and Sang Hyun even used to have a mini crush on her back in their trainee days. 

Bo Young had her mind on other things, however, and she worriedly went to check her phone. There was a message from Jongsuk, who reported that he had finally reached London. Her heart leapt into as she realised that Jongsuk might be in extreme danger. Jaesuk was connected to Park Ji Sung, but why would Park Ji Sung want her dead? What if he wanted Jongsuk dead as well? Without hesitation she called her brother, who picked up in a weary tone. "Jongsuk ah, Yoo Jaesuk just tried to kill me." 

A/N: Hehehe double update this week!! Thanks to all the old and new subscribers :) also Yoon Sang Hyun x Lee Bo Young!! they're so cute tgt omg <3