London (Part 2)

The Vengeance of Justice

The conversation died down quickly as the driver gave monosyllabic answers to his questions and eventually Jongsuk just gave up and stared out the window. He hadn't noticed it before but the driver looked Asian, and perhaps even Korean. Jongsuk smiled slightly as he saw the familiar sights of London as the taxi sped past the ancient buildings and bridges. He looked down at his watch casually and felt a niggling of a doubt as he noted that 7 minutes had already passed. He looked at the driver again and asked once more. "Sorry, how long will we take to reach the hotel? You previously mentioned 5 minutes..." The driver didn't smile at him this time but continued driving in sullen silence. Jongsuk's smile slowly disappeared from his face as he started to evaluate the situation that he was in. He glanced quickly at the buildings around him and then at the map that he was clutching as he realised that they weren't headed to the hotel. Immediately assuming that this had something to do with Park Ji Sung he reached for the door. 

"Stop. I just want to talk to you, kid, nothing sinister going on here." Jong Kook turned around in alarm when he realised that Jongsuk had found out the truth. He reverted back to using Korean with Jongsuk, which caused Jongsuk to stop fumbling with the locked door. "What do you want with me?" Jongsuk asked in a voice not much louder than a whisper, but in a scary tone that Jong Kook had never heard before. Swallowing hard, Jong Kook made a sharp right turn into a corner cafe that was hidden from the main road. He parked and unlocked the doors, gesturing for Jongsuk to get out. Jongsuk didn't like this situation one bit but he knew that he had no choice. With clammy hands he opened the door and stepped out into the cool air. His heart was beating faster than it had been beating for a long while and he could taste his fear with his tongue but his face remained expressionless. He couldn't let on that he was afraid, never, that would make him too vulnerable. 

As Jong Kook entered the cafe, Jongsuk followed him silently but he furtively took out his phone and held it in the palm of his hand. Unlocking his phone as quickly, his fingers reached for the number '1' on his keypad, and clicking it tightly, landed on Shin Hye's number. Taking the opportunity when Jong Kook was looking for a seat in the cafe, Jongsuk quickly typed a short message to Shin Hye. "S O S" 


Shin Hye entered the shiny BMW with a polite smile as she greeted the driver. "Ahjusshi, hello, it's been a while!" The old man smiled back at her as he revved up the engine. Shin Hye took a deep breath as she willed herself to calm down. Everything would be okay, she would be able to meet her father without exposing Jongsuk and they would be able to finish this successfully. Her fears only intensified as they neared the huge estate and when Shin Hye found herself in front of the two familiar and imposing black doors, she gulped as the doors were opened briskly by the servants. She was led to the living room, which was far grander than she remembered, and her eyes glistened as she spotted her mother's favourite arm chair in the exact same spot that it had been in for as long as she could remember. She couldn't help but think as she ran her fingers over the soft velvet, that everything might have been different if her mother was still alive. "If you could stop Appa then, none of this horror would have happened, right?" She sighed softly, just as the butler once again reappeared, telling her that her father was ready to see her. She nodded apprehensively and left her bags at the living room before heading upstairs. 

Her heels made a loud clanking sound as she walked along the wooden-tiled corridor. She clenched her fists as she stood outside his office doors, the hallway now empty except for her. Just as she was about to knock, a loud shout came from within the office and Shin Hye took a step back in shock. It was her father, shouting angrily at someone on the phone, and Shin Hye leaned in to listen. 

"You couldn't even do something so simple? It was a flawless plan and you foiled it. Don't forget about your dear family, my dear Director. I'm going to give you only one more chance, after this chance it's game over for your sons and your beloved wife." Shin Hye bit her lip as she heard her father's obvious threat to Jaesuk, it seemed, after his foiled attempt on Bo Young's life. Right at this moment, Shin Hye's phone vibrated. It was a message from Jongsuk, and when she read it the world started to spin around her. S O S. Jongsuk was in trouble, Shin Hye screamed in her head, but the torture of not being able to scream her fear out and to run to him immediately overwhelmed her. She knew that she couldn't afford to leave the house now, not when her father knew she was already here. It might even heighten his suspicion of her, and she couldn't risk that. Shutting her phone with a determination she didn't know she had, she finally mustered up her courage and gathered her emotions. With a loud knock to the door, she waited with anxiety for her father's response. 

"Come in." Her father sounded totally different now, a world apart from the angered man she had heard earlier. If it was possible, his current voice scared her even more than his previous persona did. She stepped in the room with a plastic smile on her face and bowed to him deeply. "Appa, I'm home." Ji Sung stood up from his seat and ran over to Shin Hye with a big smile on his face. He grabbed her in a tight hug and her hair fondly. "My daughter, you're back. I missed you." Shin Hye shut her eyes to hide the emotion in her eyes and simply nodded. "I missed you too, Appa." She said, with as much fake happiness she could garner. Her fists were clenched so tightly that her nails were piercing into her skin, but she hardly felt the pain because of the aching in her heart. Her lover was in danger but she could not go to him, rather she had to stand here and fake a good relationship with the father she knew was a murderer. It really hurts to know the truth sometimes, doesn't it? 


Jongsuk stared suspiciously at the man in front of him, who was calming sipping his cup of tea. "Why did you drive me here instead of the hotel? Or better still, why did you even act as a taxi driver? Did Park Ji Sung send you?" Jongsuk finally asked, unable to sit in this silence any longer. As if expecting these questions, Jong Kook nodded as he put down his tea cup. "I work for Park Ji Sung, that is right, but he didn't send me here. As far as he knows, I'm on a date with my girlfriend Ji Hyo now. I spotted Shin Hye at the airport earlier and thanks to the research that I used to do about you, I also spotted you at the airport. It's no coincidence that I see the both of you at the airport and so I realised what you came here to do. I heard from the Boss that his daughter was returning to him, but I also know that the two of you have been in contact in Korea and if Shin Hye has regained her memory, she must know the entire truth as well. There's absolutely no way she could have come back willingly, especially since the two of you are in a relationship. Why did she come back? Why did you come with her?" Jong Kook asked earnestly. 

Jongsuk glared at Jong Kook, but his distrust was starting to fade away slightly. "Why should I tell you? You seem to know a lot about my life and you resorting to underhanded means to have this conversation today isn't exactly improving my impression of you." Jong Kook looked away from Jongsuk and said in a soft voice. "I just want to be free of Park Ji Sung, for once. Tell me what you are doing, and I'll help you with it. I'm his right hand man anyway, and I've been with him for so many years, I know his work habits." Jongsuk cocked an eyebrow at Jong Kook. "How do I know that you're not going to turn around and betray me?" Jong Kook's face fell and he nodded despondently. "I knew that you wouldn't be able to trust me, how can I expect you to do that when so many people around you have betrayed you already? Yoo Jaesuk, for one, I know you probably trusted him a lot." 

Jongsuk looked up at the mention of Jaesuk's name. "You know Jaesuk?" Jong Kook nodded slowly. "We work together under Boss...another reason why I want to be free of him. Jaesuk's not a bad guy, and he used to be a rather close hyung of mine, but ever since he fired that shot so many years ago, he has been under Park Ji Sung's control. Park Ji Sung controls people using fear, threatening them with the lives of their loved ones. Because he knows that life on earth is unbearable without the company of the people you care the most. In my case, since my family members are long gone, he threatens me with my life." 

"So you're saying that you don't care about your life anymore?" At the question Jong Kook looked at Jongsuk sombrely in the eye. "The doctor has given me a death sentence of 6 months, I recently got diagnosed with stomach cancer. I don't look sick now but trust me, it hurts like hell in my body. I no longer have anything to fear, so why not help you and Shin Hye live a good life? I'm being serious, Jongsuk, I'm here to help, and I'm willing to stake my life for this mission. I want to take Park Ji Sung down." 

A/N: Finally the weekend is here!! and to reward myself for my extremely productive night I wrote an extra long chapter tonight xD have fun reading everyone and have a great weekend :) also YAYY yonghwa first win!!! hehehe