On Camera

All About You, All About Me [My One-shot Kryber Stories]

We were staring at each other's eyes, her hand intertwined in mine. The place is just perfect. It is almost evening as the sun begins to set.

"I love you." she said with a smile on her face. My heart fluttered at the sound of her voice.

"I love you." I answered. I leaned forward. She closed her eyes and I did the same. Our lips were only inches apart. Should I go for it now? I leaned closer, already anticipating her lips when suddenly...

"CUT! GOOD TAKE!"

I opened my eyes with defeat in my heart. Her expression changed from being madly in love with me to nothing. She walked toward her staff to have her make-up retouched while I stand here with an empty feeling inside.

"Amber! Wanna take a look at this?" Our director called out telling me to go near him. I looked at the screen and saw the scene we just did.

"I love you." she said while staring at me. That stare. I wish she'd really look at me that way. Sadly, it's only for the cameras, for the fans, for everyone, except me.

"Isn't it beautiful?" asked the director.

"Yeah... she's beautiful... Oh! I mean it's beautiful." I said startled. I tried to save myself but our ever-so-clever director started teasing me again.

"Ei... haha! No need to be shy about it." he said with his arm wrapped around my shoulder. "She is really beautiful so it would be strange if you didn't have a crush on her." he continued while we both stare at the screen. "So... what's the score between you two? Your fans can't wait to hear the truth."

"Score? The score is... nothing."

"What? How come? You look so good together."

"Hmm... I'm not her type I guess..."

"How can you say that? Don't you talk to each other?"

"Talk? How? Whenever there's a chance, she suddenly disappears... The only time she lets me be with her is during work. When we have songs together... when we have to be in front of everybody... that's the only time she loves me... because of the script."

"But you... You do... right? Even without the cameras?"

"It's too freaking obvious now, isn't it?"

"Then don't stop making her fall for you. Impress her. Do the things that she likes."

"I would love to... If I knew anything about her... The problem is... I'm still clueless. She doesn't open up. We've been working together for a long time now but she's still a mystery to me."

"Oh... that's tough... I didn't know she's too difficult to please."

"Yeah... that's why there's no point in trying."

"Well.. if that's what you think... But if I were you, I'd still do something. Come on, let's get back to work." he said before calling everyone.

All the staff were back in their positions including her.

"Okay Amber, Krystal, this is the last part of the music video. In this scene, you should look like you're really in love with each other." said our director. I looked at the girl in front of me and her face is expressionless. She's just nodding her head, agreeing with what the director is saying.

"Understand Amber, Krystal?"

"Yes." we chorused.

"Alright. 3, 2, 1 ACTION!"

We changed into our characters again, her eyes suddenly sparkled with overflowing feelings for me. Indeed, she really acts well.

After filming, we thanked everyone before going to our tents. As my assistant and I finished packing my things, I headed out of the tent only to see a crowd of fans waiting for us.

"Amber, you have to be with Krystal. There are fans outside and media as well." said my manager.

"Oh... but... how?"

"Ride the van together for publicity. Consider it as an advance promotion for your new song."

"Was Krystal already informed about this?"

"Yes, she already knows." With that being said, I didn't have any choice but to follow. I went to Krystal's tent and was surprised to see her standing outside.

"Uhm... Krystal... manager oppa said..."

"Yeah... I already know. Let's just get this over with." she said and walked ahead of me. When we're near the van where fans and media were waiting, manager oppa gestured me to walk closer to Krystal. When the crowd saw us, everyone went screaming and others even wanted to go near us. Out of panic, I grabbed Krystal's hand and dragged her with me towards the van. What I did made the fans shrill even more. We got in the van safely with our hands still linked. As the door closed,  I heaved out a sigh.

"Whew! That was a tough one."

I suddenly felt Krystal freeing her hand from mine. I looked at her and within a second, her hand landed on my face.

She slapped me.

"Don't ever hold my hand again. You can only hold it when we're in front of the camera, but when we're not, don't even go near me." she said angrily.

"Okay. I'm so sorry." I said and transferred at the back row. I can't really understand why she hates me so much. The whole ride was so quiet, too quiet that it made me uncomfortable. I decided to just sleep this off. "It's really wrong to like her." I thought.

The next day, we were scheduled to promote our song in Music Bank so both of us were  getting ourselves prepped up back stage. After 4 minute's performance, the floor directors called us for stand-by.

"Okay guys, you're on in two minutes."

"Yes sir."

I just stared at the ground while the girl beside me fixed her hair, not even glancing at me.

"Okay. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, You're up."

When the lights dimmed down, I gently slipped my hand in hers, and even though I can't see it, I can feel that she's shooting a glare at me.

"Don't worry, I'll let go the moment the song ends." I said in a low voice and led her up the stage.

"Let's all welcome Amber and Krystal with their new song, I Just Wanna!"

The crowd cheered for us throughout our performance. I never let go of her hand though I know she's been dying to. After the song, the stage went black again and like what I promised, I immediately dropped her hand. I let her walk ahead of me until her assistant took her to the her dressing room. I went back stage to take a look at our performance.  

While watching us, I can't help but feel sad because on stage, we look like a couple. While we were singing, she ocassionally glances at me, smiles at me, and acts sweet towards me. It's painful, because it's all a lie. "I just wanna love you. Give me that chance. Wanna hold you." our song says. I wonder what she thinks about when she sings this with me. I wonder what she thinks about me. I can't even figure anything out.

The next day, I received a very important call from my manager, asking me to go to SM Entertainment building quickly. When I arrived, I'm surprised to see Krystal there with her manager as well. I immediately sat beside my manager, still clueless about all this.

"Why are we here, oppa?" I asked.

"I don't know. We just received a message from Mr. Lee asking for a meeting."

"Oh..." I looked at the girl across from me but she's so busy with her phone. I just grabbed a book stacked on the table while waiting for our big man.

After a few minutes, the door opened and all of us stood up and greeted Mr. Lee.

"Good day to all of you. I'm sure you're wondering why I called you here."

"Yes sir, is there anything wrong?" asked Krystal's manager.

"No no... there is no problem." All of us were silent, waiting for him to continue. "I called you here today for an announcement."

"What is that, sir?" asked manager oppa.

"Since Krystal and Amber's team up was a big hit, I want them to have a show together." I was carefully listening to what Mr. Lee is saying... Show?

"Sir, what kind of show?" asked Krystal's manager.

"I'm thinking of a reality show. We'll call it "Amber and Krystal's Life on Cam". They'll be living in a house together."

BOOM! It's like a bomb was dropped in the room. i quickly looked at Krystal to see what her reaction is.

"S-Sir? Amber and I will live in a house together?" she asked in a very worried tone.

"Yes."

"But why sir? I mean, why do you want us to be in that kind of show?" I can feel her hatred about the idea of us under the same roof.

"Because I want you guys to become closer and I think this is the best way for that to happen."

"Uh sir?" Now it's my time to ask, "How long will this show run?"

"10 episodes for your trial period. If the ratings are high, then we'll push through to 10 more."

"Okay sir." Oh my gosh. How will we do this?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

END OF FIRST CHAPTER

Author's note: Hello my readers! It's been a long time since my last update. I'm so sorry! This is a new concept I have for our Kryber loves. What do you think about it? Please comment. This is not a gender-bender fic. Amber is a girl here :)

I hope I can update Make Your Move too soon. Stay with me <3

If there are grammar errors, forgive me. I'll try to correct it next time. Annyeong!