Game Over

All About You, All About Me [My One-shot Kryber Stories]

The sound of my alarm woke me up. I was so sleepy but I had an appointment with my manager later that day so I need to condition myself for work. My hand lazily scanned the bed for my phone and quickly unlocked it. I clicked on Facebook making my eyes widen in an instant. "Exo's Kai and f(x)'s Krystal Dating" the news said. My heart ached as I read the words over and over again. I clicked on the article and saw photos of them on their secret dates. On every picture I stare at, a drop of tear forms from my eyes. I can't believe it. This is it. This is the day I am so afraid to come. The day she'll say she's dating him. I placed my phone on the side and just stared at the ceiling. It's over. My game is over. I don't know how I should feel. All I know is she can't be mine. Not now. Not ever.

Then my phone rang. I answered the call and put on loud speaker.

"Amber? Hello?"

"Yeah..."

"Have you seen the news? Krystal and Kai are - "

"I know."

"Well... how are you?"

"I don't know?"

"Wait, I'll come over."

"You don't need to bro."

"I have to. I'm your friend, Amber."

"Okay. Thanks Scotty." The call ended and I didn't move an inch. My mind is still trying to process everything. I knew this day would come but I could never be prepared for it.

 

FLASHBACK

"Krys, may I ask you something?"

"Sure." she said while we're walking through the halls of the dorm.

"Are you interested in anyone right now?"

"Mm?"

"I mean, I don't see you dating anyone... Though you constantly send messages on your phone..."

"How could I date? We're so busy with promotions~" she said while chuckling.

"Then... if I ask you to go on a date with me, would you say yes?" I asked while sincerely looking at her. From being playful, her expression turned serious. My heartbeat slowed down. This is not a "yes". I'm sure.

"Am... I... I can't do that..."

"Oh..." I said. "Why?"

"Because... I like Kai..."

"Ah... you're already together?" My heart is starting to sting as I waited for her answer.

"Noy yet..." is all she said. Yet. So there's a big possibility.

"Oh... okay..." I answered. We turned silent. We continued walking until we reach our room. When we entered, Luna was on the sofa watching TV.

"Hey, what took you so long?" she asked. I couldn't say a word because there was so much going on in my head. I just gave a faint smile then went to my room. I sat myself on the bed, trying to keep myself together. A few moments later, I heard a knock on my door.

"Am?" I opened the door as I heard her voice.

"Hey..." I greeted.

"Are you okay?" she asked. Her eyes were kind. I can feel that she's sorry though she doesn't have anything to be sorry about.

"Mm... not really but... I'll be okay." I said while forcing a smile with my head low. I avoided her eyes. It's too painful.

"How about us? Are we okay?" Her question caught me off guard that it made me look at her.

"Of course... we're okay..." I assured.

"We are friends. We're good friends, aren't we?" I nodded. "Princess and servant, right Am?" she said trying to cheer me up.

"Can we still do that?" I asked. "Is it still okay? I mean, you like Kai... and I bet he likes you, too."

"We're not yet dating..."

"But you will soon..."

"Amber, you and I were already friends before I met him."

"Yeah..."

"Don't tell me you're gonna stay away just because of that..." I just stayed quiet. "Our friendship is important to me. We spent almost half of our lives together sp please, tell me that you won't disappear. I know you, you tend to be like that sometimes." My eyes were still glued to the floor. I still can't look at her. Then I felt her hand on mine. "What's a princess without a servant, right?" Her grip tightened. "Look at me." I finally let my eyes meet hers. "Don't go away. We're okay. Promise?" I heaved out a sigh.

"Promise."

END OF FLASHBACK

 

A few months after that, I decided to get my own apartment so I could forget all the pain I felt that day. I tried to make myself busy to stray my mind away from her and Kai. Whenever we meet for practice or promotions, I still talk to her but I avoid asking about their relationship status though I've been dying to know. It's not like I'm being nosy or anything, I just want a heads up for the heart ache coming for me.

And now, here it is. They're dating, meaning I'm really out. Kai won the invisible battle between us and the prize is Krystal's heart. He has her heart now. 

My princess' heart.

We were now on our way to the airport going back to Korea. We attended the Huading Awards here in Macau yesterday and now Luna and I need to go back to Korea for our schedules while Krystal will be staying for her movie filming. Before we left the hotel I talked with Krystal. Since they've decided to tell their relationship to the public, I think it's best to formally tell her what I feel about it.

"So... it's official, you and Kai..." I said.

"Yeah... we made it official last month."

"Congratulations." I gave a sincere smile.

"Thanks."

"Hmm... maybe this is the last time I'll be treating you like this..."

"What do you mean?"

"It's time to be out of the picture..."

"Am... I can't understand..." Her voice tone changed. "What are you saying?"

"You can't be my princess anymore... I can't do it anymore."

"You're saying goodbye, aren't you?"

"Just for a while..."

"But you promised..."

"I need time..." I said. I walked closer to her and held her shoulders. "For now it's Princess and Her Prince."

"And you?" Her eyes are already teary and so are mine.

"A princessless servant." I giggled trying to hold my tears. "See you in Korea?"

"See you..." I shook her hand because I think I won't be able to let her go if I hug her.

"Do well in your filming. Fighting, Princess Jung." 

I let go, and walked away.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: Sorry. Still in denial. I'll be okay. Author will move on soon.