11:11 part 4

All About You, All About Me [My One-shot Kryber Stories]

I went to work in low spirits. I knew it. She'll be surprised. I entered the shop and started cleaning. I kept myself busy though my thoughts are filled with what happened last night. The way she looked at me, shock evident in her eyes... Sigh... Is it my fault? Sigh...

I continued cleaning until morning rush customers came. When the shop was empty, I arranged the tables and chairs then I suddenly looked at her favorite seat. Will she come today like what she said last night before the revelation happened?

"AJ... please put these in the stock room."

"Yes, sir." I carried and stacked the boxes like what my boss said. I checked the clock, 11:00 am. "Any minute now." I said to myself and continued stacking. After a few minutes, I heard the door open and I quickly went out to check who it is but to my disappointment, it wasn't her. Maybe she just woke up late. I took the customer's order. I checked the time again. 11:11 am. She usually eats here at this time. I waited for her all day but she didn't come. I get it. She doesn't want to see me anymore. I knew it. She doesn't swing my way.

When my shift ended, I contemplated if I should got to her bookstore or not. I was standing out of the coffee shop. I took a deep breath, faced the left side and walked. Why would I go there? She doesn't want to see me.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This morning, I didn't have any appetite and skipped breakfast. I still can't believe that all this time, I've been falling falling in love with a girl. So that's why her voice sounds that way... that's why her face looks like that. It all made sense now. Why? Why should it be this way? I just stayed here in the bookstore. I decided to stay here to keep myself from thinking about... I can't believe I'm saying this... her. I looked at my watch, 11:11 pm. Should I even wish for it? I heaved out a sigh and continued reading the book I'm holding. Wishes don't come true. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For the following days, I always look at the door, hoping she'd come in and order a soy latte and chicken sandwich... but she never came. Sigh... This love story ended without even starting. Two weeks had passed, she still hasn't come. Is it time to give up?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's been two weeks since I last saw AJ. Was what I did fair? I can't understand what I feel. I miss her. I want to see her. But everytime I remember that she's a girl, I feel... confused, disappointed. I don't know what to do. That night, I just left her outside without a word. Should I see her? Should I apologize? Do I need to? Grrr... My head is a mess. She didn't do anything wrong. I'm not even mad at her. I just don't want to see her... because it would be so awkward. I had a crush on her, I'm starting to fall for her. But if I hadn't known, I would still be seeing, right? Ugh... I gathered my things and went out of the bookstore. I don't want to go home yet so I decided to stroll around. I was just walking mindlessly when I realized my feet brought me to this familiar place, the coffee shop. I checked the time. 11:00 pm. Her shift already ended. I peeked inside to have a glimpse of my favorite seat. My eyes widened, she's there sitting on my chair, while eating a sandwich. I stared at her for a while. She still looks the same. Same face, still handsome, or should I say, beautiful? Why is she still here? Overtime maybe...

I continued watching her, then she suddenly looked at my direction. I know she saw me because her expression changed. She quickly put her sandwich down and walked her way to the door. I panicked that all I can do was run away. I heard her call my name but I didn't bother to look back. When I was far enough, I stopped to take a breath. I checked the time. I closed my eyes. "Can't she be a boy? I wish for her to be a boy." I muttered and tears formed on my eyes again. "11:11, please."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I didn't bother running after her... because I don't even know what I'll say in case I caught up with her. I washed the plate and mug I used and bid my boss good bye. I had a chicken sandwich and soy latte for my late dinner. I wanted to know why she always ate that... and at the same time, eating it would make me feel that she's here. That combination taste really good... no wonder why she always asks for it. Does she miss eating that for breakfast? Maybe... but she'd rather not have it than see me. I'm walking my way home now. I passed by the bay side. I think I'd stay here for a while. I saw the bench we sat on that night. Just one date, then it's over. Maybe it's good that it ended earlier, so no deeper feelings grew further. I walked towards the bench and lay down on it. Alone again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"So what's the problem?" asked Sulli as she sat next to me. "Why don't you call her?"

"I don't know what to say."

"Krystal, after knowing what AJ really is, did your feelings for her change?"

"No."

"So you still like her."

"But is it okay? Wouldn't it be strange for a girl to like a girl?"

"Strange... but who cares? I mean, I don't mind."

"So... Should I go there now?"

"Do you want me to give you a ride?" Sulli asked sarcastically. "Go now, Krystal Jung!" she said and pushed me outof the door. I hurriedly walked towards the coffee shop. It's fifteen minutes to eleven. Time for breakfast, time to see AJ. Faster Krystal! 

After catching my breath, I entered and saw her at the counter. She's writing something on a notebook.

"Ehem."

"What can I get for you?" she asked with her eyes still on the notebook.

"I'll have my usual."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When I hread what the customer said, I quickly looked up and saw her right in front of me, with a faint smile on her lips. Our eyes met. Her gaze is warm. I wanted to talk to her about what happened but now isn't the right time. I controlled myself and just did my job.

"Uhm... Will that be all, ma'am?" I asked nervously.

"Yes." she answered shortly. I showed a smile. I'm not sure if it was really a smile. Grrr.

"I'll call you when it's ready."

"Okay, thanks." She went to her favorite seat." While I was preparing her order, my heart was pounding non-stop. She's here, the girl I've been longing to see. But now that she's here, I don't know what to do, how to act... After heating up her sandwich, I placed the food on the tray. I took a deep breath before saying her name.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Chicken sandwich and soy latte for Krystal." I heard her say . I walked to the counter and looked at her.

"Is there anything else you need?" she asked in a low shy voice.

"Nothing else." I answered. I smiled at her again. She smiled back but it's still a faint one. Maybe she thinks I'm mad at her. I went back to my place and enjoyed my sandwich. I glanced at the girl by the counter. She's so busy making coffee. She doesn't hate me, does she?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I can't look at her. I'm too shy. But I'm glad she's here. I'm so glad to see her again. After a few moments, she finished eating and was on her way to the door. I just looked down and continued taking inventory to keep my attention away from her. Then all of a sudden, a table napkin appeared on my notebook.

                                  I'm not mad at you.

                               Are you mad at me?

I quickly tilted my head up and saw her, waiting for my answer. I shook her head. She smiled.

"Good." she muttered and went out of the shop. My heart suddenly felt light. She's not mad! I continued doing my job happily. Does this mean we have a chance?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I walked to the bookstore with this fluffy feeling inside me. I think I need to do something about us later. I should try this with her.

I worked all day while anticipating for the end of her shift. We need to have a second date. The day ended quickly and it's time to call her.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was almost at the bay side when I heard my phone ringing. I looked at the screen and saw her name. I stared at it. I can't believe she's calling me.

"Hello?"

"Your shift is over, isn't it?" Her voice sounded playful and that made my lips curve up.

"Yes."

"Where are you?"

"Uhm... Why don't you find me?" I asked with happiness in my voice.

"Are you copying me?" she giggled and I did the same.

"I just want to see if you'll be able to find me."

"Okay. Game on but give me clues."

"Where will you be from?"

"From the bookstore."

"Just turn left and walk ahead."

"For how long?"

"Just keep walking."

"Hey... Where are you leading me to?"

"Don't you trust me?"

"I do."

"Then carry on."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've been walking for a few minutes now and I still don't know where she is.

"Hey... tell me the next clue."

"Okay... when you're here, you can see the city light glimmering on the water."

"I think I know where you are." I said with a smirk.

"Then come here." I ended the call and walked as fast as I can until I reached the bay side. I immediately looked for the bench we sat on and there she is, sitting by herself, facing the bay. I went near her.

"Found you." I whispered. 

I sat next to her and we silently watched the lights' reflection dance with the waves. I looked at my watch, 11:11 pm 

"It's time to make a wish." I said.

"Huh?" I closed my eyes and said my wish out loud.

"I hope she'll kiss me back." I saw her look at me. I quickly leaned towards her and captured her lips with mine.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My eyes went round as I felt her lips touch mine. I was surprised at first but I eventually kissed back. When the kiss ended, she pulled away and gave me a sincere smile.She held my left hand and pulled my up.

"Finally, a wish was granted." she faced me and held my other hand. "I like you, AJ."

"You like me?"

"Yes." she answered before wrapping her arms around my waist. "Sorry for disappearing like that. I just needed time to think."

"I understand." I smiled at her.

"I would like to date you."

"Date me? But I'm a girl." she gasped as she pulled away.

"So what? It's you who I'm dating, not your gender. I've been crushing on you for a long time now and I wouldn't let you go just like that."

"Really? So... we're really okay now?"

"What do I have to do for you to believe me? Ooohh... You want me to kiss you again, don't you?" I teased and she quickly blushed.

"You really like me then. Haha!" she teased back.

"So... now that we'll be dating each other, let's start this over." I said and stretched my right hand out. "Hi, my name is Krystal Jung."

"Hello, my name is Amber Josephine Liu." she said and shook my hand. " And I would love to date you, too." We smiled at each other. She didn't let go of my hand and lead me to the bar our midnight snack. You know what that is, right?

I feel so great that I'm finally with her. How can I wish for a guy when I can have her? Thank you, 11:11... I guess wishes do come true.

 

 

END 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: So this is the end of 11:11... thank you for the wonderful comments you gave to this story. If there are any typos and grammar errors, sorry... I'll proofread next time. Time to sleep. Tell me what you think. I hope you liked the way I ended it :)