On Camera Part 12

All About You, All About Me [My One-shot Kryber Stories]

Amber and Krystal's Life on Cam Final Episode

Amber's POV

I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling, at our reflection. I grabbed my phone and took a photo of it. In the photo, Krystal was still asleep next to me while hugging her pillow. We've been waking up like this for the past few months and just as I was getting used to it, that's when it will all end. Sigh.

I got up with my phone and roamed around the house. I went to the front door, looked at the screen while finding a good angle then captured the scene. When I first saw this door, all I felt was fear and uneasiness, but now I feel the opposite. I went back in and took a picture of the living room, then the kitchen, and lastly the back yard. These are memories that I'll keep forever. I went back in the living room and sat on the couch, running my hands on the cover, making the feeling stay longer.

"Wish we could stay here forever." I said softly. 

 

Krystal's POV

When I opened my eyes, I spotted the rays of the sun from the window and wondered what time it was. Amber and I slept late last night so I'm pretty sure it's around 10 am now. I turned myself to other side expecting to see Amber still asleep but to my surprise, she's not there anymore. I frowned. Where coud she be? Could it be? Wait, no. I quickly got out of bed.

"Amber?" I called out.

"Yeah?" A gush of relief went through my body when I heard her answer.

"Where are you?" I said while walking down the stairs but not making myself too obvious that I'm in a hurry. I don't know why but I suddenly panicked when I didn't see her beside me a while ago.

"Here in the living room."

 

Amber's POV

I heard Krystal coming down from the stairs. When she came, I noticed her gloomy expression. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing..." she said and sat next to me.

"Didn't have a good sleep?" she shook her head without saying anything. "Was it because of my face?" I joked and with that, a smile formed on her lips as she understood what I meant.

"Of course not." she answered with a light chuckle.

"Then what?"

"It's just... I hate this day." she said and looked at me. I nodded.

"Me too." We stayed silent for a while. I've been thinking about what we'll do today, the things I would tell her before this day is over, and if there's anything I could give her before we leave this house. While my mind was busy, we heard our doorbell ring. I got up to check who it was but found no one except a big box by the door step.

 

Krystal's POV

We were silent for a while. I know we both feel sad about this. It still amazes me how this house changed our relationship: from being strangers to good friends. And though she promised she won't disappear like the others, I still find myself worrying, somewhat doubting, or just accepting that it will be the same like the rest. But I must say, I've really shown my true self to her, and that makes her special.

The doorbell rang and she got up to check who it was. 

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Uh... there's this box and it's quite heavy."

"Oh really? Wait right there." I walked towards her for us to bring it inside. After managing to place it on the table, we stared at it for a while since it looks suspicious. "Whom is it from?" I asked.

"Maybe from the staff. Should we open it?"

"Come on. Let's see what's inside." We found a cd, a card, and containers underneath.

"Ooh... mysterious..." she said in a funny tone. 

"Haha! Let's read the card first."

To: Amber and Krystal 

Since it's your last episode, we want you to have a very special day today. We've prepared brunch for you and a movie you can watch as you eat. We hope you'll like it.

Sincerely,

Amber and Krystal's Life on Camera staff

After reading the letter, we excitedly opened the containers and found mouth-watering food.

"Woah!" exclaimed Amber. "Fruits and waffles, yummy!"

"And here we got some sandwiches and mashed potatoes! Wow!" We both looked at the camera to thank the staff.

Amber and I got some cups and plates and set them on the coffee table in the living room. When everything is set, Amber popped the cd in the player and sat excitedly next to me.

"Wonder what this is about." she said while swooping a slice on waffle in .

"I hope it's a good one." I added. 

The movie started and it seems something that we've never seen before.

"What is this? Why does it look strange?" I asked. There were just silhouettes of two people shown on the screen but their voices can be heard. Amber and I are confused that we can't continue eating and just kept watching. Then, we just had our mouths drop when we saw ourselves appear.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Movie's narration

This is Amber Liu, born in the US and known for her charm and talent in music. She loves to roam around the city and is comfortable spending her days outside playing sports and riding her skateboard. Not your ordinary girl eh? That's right! She's not your ordinary girl because there is so much more beyond this girl we see on TV. 

And this is Krystal Jung. She's famous for her lovely voice, chic personality and impressive sense in fashion. We all know that she is Jessica Jung's younger sister and that she also shows this cold ice princess attitude but wait 'til you get to meet her. We're sure all those things will be changed.

Amber and Krystal have worked on many successful projects together which made us all interested about how they live off camera.

They are the characters in our story which we've had seen for a few months. They are from different worlds, with different personalities but we've all witnessed how they've adjusted. Sadly, they have reached their last episode but before we finally close this, let's look back at their amazing journey on Amber and Krystal's Life on Cam.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Amber's POV

After the narration, they showed clips of us from our first episode. Krystal and I laughed so hard when they showed the scene where we're jumping non-stop on the bed. Then I suddenly realized that at that time, Krystal and I weren't friends yet. We're still on the acting or pretending stage. Well it's more of her who's pretending. I'm just terrified that time.

 

Krystal's POV

While watching us jumping on the bed with that smile on my face, it suddenly made me think about what I was feeling that time. Was I really happy? Were thise smile and laughter real? I glanced at Amber and can't help feeling guilty again. But, we're friends now, right? And this time, it's real.

Then there's the scene where Amber was struggling to carry me up the stairs when I fell asleep on the couch. It was our second episode and I was still mean to her that time but there she was, she still took care of me.

"That was really the highlight of that episode." I heard Amber say while chuckling.

"Haha! Yeah... that was so nice of you." I said looking at her. "Thank you for not leaving me alone on our first night here at the house."

"You're welcome. I wonder what you'll do if it was me who fell asleep here on the couch." she said in a funny tone.

"Easy. I'll leave you and have the bed to myself." I said with a smirk.

"What?! Evil." 

"I'd cover you with a blanket before I go up. I'm not that mean you know."

"Still mean!" We both laughed. Everything we did was shown including our water fight and samgyupsal party. They even showed that time when we're just staring at each other and it was shot in close-up. There's that thug in my chest again.

 

Amber's POV

My heart raised while watching us staring at each other. Until now, I still don't know why we did that. Could that mean anything to her? I wish it does because it means a lot to me.

The movie finally ended leaving both of us speechless. We were just staring at our untouched food, trying to comprehend everything. After some time, I heard her speak.

"So... this is it..." she said while still staring at her plate.

"Yeah... this is it." I answered.

"What happens after this?" She's now looking at me. "I mean... you and me... Hmm... will I still see you?" I felt my body tense up. I can't believe she asked me that. That's a good sign, right?

"O-of course... you'll still see me." I gave an assuring smile.

"Good." she said with a satisfied smile.

"Why? Do you still wanna see me?" I boldly asked.

"Yes... You're my... special friend now..." she said but she seemed a lilttle shy about that.

"You're my special friend too." We stayed silent again and continued eating. 

 

Krystal's POV

Special friends... I hope that sounded okay. Well, that's true. I consider her my close friend now because she's the only one who knows the real me aside from my sister and Sulli. And who knows, she might be more than that.

"So Krystal, what was your favorite moment here in this show?" she suddenly asked.

"Mm... I think it was that morning when you attempted to make breakfast but still failed. Haha!"

"What? Why that one?" she protested.

"Because it was so funny and cute." 

"Aaw... more like embarrassing..."

"Well, it's still the most memorable for me... and also... our conversation last night." I said and smiled at her. "I liked how honest we were."

"A and Rhiannon. Amber and Krystal."

"What?" She's doing this again. And my chest and its random thugging.

"They are a pair. We are a pair." she smiled sweetly with eyes directly looking at mine but funny how her ears turned red as she said that.

"Why are you so confident?" I asked jokingly.

"Because I can feel it." she said though I'm not exactly sure what she meant with the word "feel".

"Mm.. alright." I said shyly and lowered my head a little.

"This doesn't have to end here, you know." I looked at her with my confused expression.

 

Amber's POV

Whew. What is this? I didn't get a shot of soju but here I am saying things like this to her again. Well, better say it before we leave this house. I want to let her know what I'm thinking.

"We don't need this house to see each other." I continued. "It will be different but it's just the place, we will still be the same. Everything we had here will always be the same. I hope that's alright with you." I was looking at her intently.

"You're right. Why do we need to be sad. It's not illegal to see each other after this, right? Haha!" She's laughing but I can feel her sincerity.

"Yes, it's not illegal. But you using the word 'illegal' made this so funny. Haha!" we chuckled. "It won't end here, I promise." she nodded in agreement.

 

Krystal's POV 

We finished our brunch and started packing our things but I don't feel as sad as I felt before. Maybe because of what we talked about earlier. She's right, why should we be sad? We can continue what we had here after this show. After packing our things, we took a selca by the front door and bid the house good bye. We were still here outside waiting for our managers to come when I heard her call me.

"Krystal?"

"Yeah?"

"Could you close your eyes?"

"Why?"

"Just."

"Alright." What is she planning to do?

 

Amber's POV

I gathered up the courage to move closer to her and wrapped my arms around her body. I just don't want this day to end without hugging her. I want her to feel that I won't disappear like the others. I want her to feel that everything I told her and showed her is real and not just for the show. I want her to know that I care, that I won't change, that I'm here. 

I tightened the hug and was happy when I felt her arms around my waist.

"Thank you," I whispered. "for making our stay here so memorable."

"Thank you, too. For accepting my flaws, for taming me when no one could, and for understanding me." she whispered back. We let go from the hug and looked at each other.

"Another selca?" I asked and she happily agreed. After taking pictures, our managers have arrived which means it's time for us to go. Before we parted, we shared one last hug. "I'll see you." I said. 

"I'll be expecting that." she said while giggling. We waved at each other and went to our real homes.

End of Amber and Krystal's Life 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Two weeks later, Krystal's POV, back in her house

"Hey baby sis, I've missed you!!" said unnie as she entered my room.

"Unnie!" Where have you been?"

"I was in Hongkong for Blanc and Eclare."

"Oohh... how's the business doing?"

"Really good! Anyway, how are you? You seemed like you had fun with Amber."

"Huh?"

"Don't deny it. I watched all the episodes. Hihi."

"Alright, I really had fun." I said with a smile.

"So what happened to the 'I don't want to be around her' or the 'I can't stand her' dialogues?" unnie teased.

"Well, it turns out that I was wrong." 

"Told ya she's nice." 

"Yeah she is." I said still smiling.

"You like her?" unnie asked, her brows going up and down.

"Eh? Unnie what?"

"Haha! Just kidding baby sis. Anyway, since we've not talked for a long time, why don't you bake some cookies for us and talk all night? Okay?" she said while clapping her hands.

"Haha! Alright unnie. I know I'm your favorite baker. Hihi." Unnie went outiside first as I change my clothes. Amber, I wonder what she's doing.

 

Amber's POV

"Hey llamaber! Long time no skateboarding!" said Ailee as she barged in my apartment.

"Amy! Wow I missed you!!!" I said and hugged her. "How have you been???"

"I'm good, currently recording a new album, and that's why I'm here. I want us to collaborate with a song for that album. What do you say?" she said grinning widely.

"Are you kidding? I would love to!"

Ailee and I worked on a new song and I can't wait to perform it with her. Hmm... Krystal, I feel so stupid for not asking for her number. Now I don't know how to contact her. I miss her, I hope she's not too busy.

 

At KBS

I'm here now at Music Bank for my performance with Ailee. Oh I'm so nervous. I was walking along the hall when I saw a familiar man walking towards me.

"Oppa? Junho oppa?"

"Oh? Amber? Wow nice to see you!"

"Annyeonghasaeyo oppa! Why are you here?"

"Ah.. Krystal has to do an interview for Etude House."

"Krystal? She's here?"

"Yes, in her dressing room." 

"Oh... what time will she have her interview?"

"In thirty minutes. Why? Do you wanna talk to her?"

"Uhm.. I have a performance in a little while but I'll visit her later. Can I?"

"Of course!"

"Alright. But don't tell her oppa. I want it to be a surprise."

"Oh okay. See you later then."

Yes!

 

Krystal's POV

I the TV and they were recording Music Bank. I wonder who will be performing today. I waited for them to flash the performers and was surprised to see Amber's face. She will be performing with Ailee unnie. Wait, that means she's here. Does she know that I'm here too? But how could she know? She doesn't know my number. Sigh. 

After a few minutes, manager oppa called me for my interview.

 

Amber's POV

After our performance, I quickly freshened myself and called my manager.

"Oppa, could you call Krystal's manager? Could you ask him what time will Krystal finish her interview?"

"Okay... I'll send you a message as soon as I get a reply."

"Thanks oppa. And please can you buy some food, hmm... ddukbokki and samgyupsal please." I just stayed here in my dressing room while waiting for oppa's message. Will Krystal be happy to see me? Hmm... I hope so...

*phone beep*

From: Manager Oppa

         She's almost done with her interview.

 

After reading the message, I stood up and asked where her dressing room is. Sorry too excited.

 

To: Manger Oppa

        Tell me if she's already there, thanks oppa!

 

A few minutes later, oppa arrived with a paper bag of food. I smiled and went out the door.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Krystal's POV

I'm glad the interview ended quickly. I feel a little sleepy since I got up a little early today. Oh waking up, in my own bedroom feels strange. I had the chance to watch Ailee and Amber's performance a while ago. Amber did a great job. I heard she helped composing the song. She's one cool girl. I want to meet her today but maybe her schedule is too tight. Maybe next time.

I was busy browsing some articles about our show when I heard manager oppa call me.

"Krystal, someone wants to see you."

"Who?"

"Me." My mouth formed an 'o' shape when I saw Amber's head pop in the door. "Do you want to have lunch with me? Hihi."

"Amber!" I got up and sprinted towards her. "How did you know I'm here?"

"I met oppa earlier and asked where you were, so I'm here." she said with a dorky smile. "Let's eat?"

"Okay!" 

"I'll leave you two alone first." said manager oppa and went out of the room.

"How have you been?" asked Amber while chewing on some rice cakes.

"I'm doing well. You?"

"I'm good too. I performed a while ago with Ailee." 

"I know. I saw it."

"You did?"

"Yeah... you're so good." I complimented which made her smile. There was silence. We don't feel awkward, I think we are just shy after not seeing each other for two weeks.

"I miss you. I wanted to call you but I didn't know your number."

"You could've asked your manager to do something about that." I said teasing her.

"Yeah... sorry.." she said shyly.

"I miss you too." I said looking at her. She stared back at me and sat closer to me, making our arms touch. We both smiled shyly and continued eating. When we finished, we cleaned the table and gathered our things.

 

Amber's POV

We were now finished eaeting and I think she still needs to go somewhere so, I need to ask her now.

"Can I have lunch with you again tomorrow?" I'm a little nervous as I waited for her answer. "If you are free." I added.

"Yeah, I'm free." she answered happily.

"And also the day after tomorrow?" I said while chuckling to lessen the tension in me.

"Okay." she said while also giggling.

"And the next days too?"

"Just for lunch? How about breakfast and dinner?" she asked strictly.

"Uhm.. what do you mean?"

"Why don't you just say it directly?"

"S-say what?"

"That you're asking me to date you."

"Uh..."

"Because I would say yes." My eyes went round when I heard that.

"You what? I mean... really?" I still can't believe it.

"Living with you for a few months wasn't enough for me." she said and gave me a sweet smile.

"Woah..." I said while smiling like an idiot. "Krystal Jung agreed to date me."

"Wait, you haven't asked properly." she teased.

"Oh... then, Krystal Jung, would you date me?" I swear I look like a tomato right now.

"Haha! Yes, I would date you Amber Dork Liu."

"Great!." We were near the door now but before we went out, I took a deep breath and held her right hand with my left.

"It's funny how you looked so nervous just by holding my hand." I heard her say. 

"Sorry... it's my first time."

"Don't worry, you don't need to impress me because I already like you." she smiled wildly. 

"Alright then, let's go." I said as I held her hand confidently.

Finally, I got her after all.

END

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: This is the end of On Camera. Thank you to everyone who supported this fic. Now, maybe I would focus first on my other fic which is Make Your Move. Again thank you! Til next time!