Digital 2

All About You, All About Me [My One-shot Kryber Stories]

3:00 pm

Should I go? Would she really be there by 4:00 like what she said last night? Argh. Why is she so weird? Why would she want us to meet all of a sudden? If I would go there, it would be the first for me to meet a stranger. Isn't that dangerous? What if she does something bad to me? I know, I sound paranoid again but you can't blame me for that. Sigh...

I'm kind of curious about her. I wanna see her actually. Damn it. I'll go. I think I won't have the heart to let her wait for me anyway. I hope she's not a psycho or something.

 

3:45 pm 

I entered the cafe and looked around. There aren't as many people as I expected. I examined their faces and realized she hasn't arrived yet. It's a few minutes before 4 anyway so I decided to sit at the corner opposite the entrance so I could see her easily. I decided to wear a cap today to cover my face which is kinda dumb. It's not like she's gonna recognize me, right? Stupid. 

Finally, the clock struck 4 and my eyes never left the door. She would be entering any minute now. I waited and waited. A few girls had already come in and it's stressing me out. I want to get this over with. I don't know what I'm feeling right now actually. I want to see her but I'm nervous as hell. Waaaah! Wait, I need to calm down. It's time to stop being paranoid. I need to socialize... okay? Whew... calm down.

A few moments later, the door opened again and this time a girl with long black hair walked in. She started looking around and when she looked my way, I bowed my head slightly.

"She doesn't know what you look like, idiot!" I scolded myself. 

I have a hunch that it's her but I don't want to do something weird so I want to confirm it first. I watched her walk to the counter and order a drink. This may sound creepy but I eavesdropped on their conversation, just when the cashier asked for her name.

"Krystal." I heard her say. 

Oh god... it's really her. I need to keep my cool. She got her drink and she sat two tables opposite from me and I can see her face clearly. I looked at the photo she sent me last night and my heart skipped a little.

Wow... she's real. She's not one of those scary erts I see on the news. Cool.

I glanced at her as she stared at her phone with a disappointed look on her face. Should I approach her now? Maybe I should wait a few minutes more. My phone suddenly vibrated as I received a message from her.

 

Will you show up?

 

And another one.

 

I hope I'll meet you today. I'll give you time.

 

I looked at her again and replied to her message.

 

Why are you so eager to meet me?

I looked at her reaction. She rolled her eyes and started typing. The way she rolled her eyes is kinda cute

 

Like what I've said last night, I want us

to be friends. Is that so difficult to 

understand?

How can you trust someone so easily?

Because I believe all people are good.

What? Isn't that crazy?

I'm not crazy!

 

I looked at her again after receiving her reply and I can't help but giggle inside.

 

So are you coming? 'Cause if you won't I'd

just head home.

I thought you're gonna wait no matter what?

Well it seems like you don't have plans on coming.

Actually, I'm here.

Her eyes went big and scanned the whole cafe. I tried to act normal while stealing glances at her.

 

Where? At the cafe?

 

I smirked.

Yeah. I could see you.

Oh really? Then tell me what I'm wearing.

 

I took a peek at her.

 

Black shirt. Denim shorts and white sneakers.

And you're holding your phone right now.

 

I watched her as she examined her clothes before looking around again. Of course I avoided making eye contact. Then she got back on her phone.

 

Creep.

 

I wanna burst out laughing but I can't.

 

So are you just gonna watch me

from where you are?

Yeah...

I teased.

 

Oh come on! I told you I'm

not gonna eat you!

I think this is more fun...

It's not!

 

She's frowning now but she looks gorgeous I swear. Now I sound erted. Do I? Anyway...

You look scary right now.

Is that your pissed-off face?

It can get worse if you don't show yourself soon.

 

That made me chuckle.

 

Well then I'm just gonna stay here :P

Fine. I'm leaving in 5 minutes.

You only have 5 minutes.

 

Okay. I think it's time for us to meet. I stood up but I passed by her first. I went to the counter and ordered a cake slice for her. I looked back at her and she's still there while staring at her watch. I giggled because she was really serious about the 5 minute time limit she gave me. Before approaching her table, I took a deep breath before speaking.

"So... is my 5 minutes up?" She looked up and our eyes met. I gave her a smile while she returned it with a confused look. 

"AJ?" she asked. I nodded.

"Hi." I gave her an awkward smile. "Uhm... this is for you. Sorry for pissing you off earlier." I said as I placed the cake on the table.

"Creep." she said with a giggle. "Sit down." and I did. There was a good silence between us before she spoke again. "What time did you arrive here?" she asked.

"Uhm... 3:45." I answered shortly.

"Oh... then you saw me come in?"

"Yeah..."

"And you didn't approach me..."

"Mm... yeah..."

"Why?"

"Paranoid."

"But you came... so I guess you wanted to meet me."

"Also true..."

"You're strange..." she said before sticking a piece of cake in . "Thank you for this."

"But you're scary..." I joked which made her glare at me. That made me laugh though. "Do you usually glare at people you just met?"

"Kinda. Haha! You'll get used to me." she said as she sipped her coffee.

"What?" I asked confused.

"This is not the last time we're hanging out right?"

"Uh..."

"Just say yes."

"Yes." I'm so obedient and I hate it sometimes. No just kidding. 

"Good." She got another piece of cake and ate it while I watch her in awe. She's really pretty, okay? Then she suddenly realized I'm not eating anything.

"Oh hey, why don't you order something?"

"Well I don't really like..." Before I could finish, she started speaking again.

"Oh right, milk tea lover. Come on, let's get some milk tea." she shoved the cake quickly in and stood up.

"What? No it's okay." I declined.

"Come on!" she took her coffee, pulled my sleeve and dragged me out of the cafe. 

We're now on the streets with her still dragging me behind. The view of her holding my sleeve somehow made me smile. She is a stranger, but here I am letting her drag me like this. What is it about her that can't make me say no? But as I've said earlier, she seems harmless. And you know what's funny? I think she doesn't know where the milk tea shop is. Haha.

"Uhm... are you really taking me to a milk tea shop?" I asked and she swiflty glanced back at me.

"Of course!" she answered confidently.

"You sure? You're not trying to kidnap me or something?" I teased.

"What? Me? Going to kidnap you? How?"

"Well... the milk tea shop is that way..." I said while pointing my finger at the opposite side of the street. She stopped on her tracks while a pink shade appeared on her cheeks. I gave her a wide smile.

"Fine. Let's go that way." she said and started dragging me again. "I'm not a kidnapper, okay?" I chuckled behind her and walked along. We've been walking for a few minutes now and I think I need to make a brave move on initiating a conversation.

"Uhm... you can let go of my sleeve now. I'm not gonna run away you know..."She gave a meaningful look. "Promise, I'll walk next to you." I smiled again. She smiled back and gave a nod. 

"Okay." She slowly released her grip on my sleeve and waited for me to stand beside her. I walked a few steps until I reached her side and put my hands in my pockets. That made her look at me again.

"Still don't trust me?" she asked but her tone is not an angry one.

"Mmm... I trust you." She looked at my hands. "Oh... I'm just comfortable this way." I explained. 

Hm... okay... Let's go?" 

"Let's go." I waited for her to take a step before I started walking. Well... she walks really fast and I'm having a hard time keeping up but I still tried. When we're only a few blocks away from the tea shop, she suddenly stopped which took me a bit by surprise.

"Why?" I asked.

"This is really awkward." she blurted.

"What is?"

"You and I walking next to each other like this." I looked at myself then to her.

"What do you mean?"

"We're walking together but not really together." she explained again but I still can't get it.

"Huh?" She might think I'm dumb now or slow but I can't figure anything out. She heaved a sigh of frustration.

"What I mean is we're walking together, right?" I gave a nod. "But the pace isn't right... there's a big distance between us... then your hands are in your pockets..." I wiggled my hands inside my pockets.

"Is there something wrong with that?"

"Yes."

"What is it?"

"You should be walking this close to me." She held my arm and pulled me a bit close to her. "And if you don't want to put your hands out from your pockets, I'd do this instead." I suddenly felt her left arm link around my right and that gave me chills. I have never had this kind of skinship with a girl I just met.

"You're really this comfortable with me?" I asked shyly.

"Yeah. Is it too much?" she asked. "I feel easily comfortable with you. I don't know why." she answered. "And you're a girl. I know you won't do anything bad to me." she said with a smile.

"How sure are you?" I asked again but with a gentle smile on my lips.

"I don't know... I guess I just feel it." Her smile got wider and I giggled at her expression.

"Okay. Let's get going." I said as I feel my face heat up. I think I'm a having a little crush on her now.

We finally reached the milk tea shop. I told her to take a seat while I order my drink. While waiting, I looked around to see where she sat and I found her by the glass window enjoying her coffee. She then looked at my direction and let out a smile.

My heart. Oh gosh what was that?

I shyly smiled back at her before hearing the cashier call my name. I took my drink and went to Krystal

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." she greeted back cheerfully. I took a sip from my milk tea and it tasted heavenly. "By that look on your face I'm guessing it tastes really good." she chuckled.

"Yeah, my favorite drink in the world!" I exclaimed.

"Haha! What is it?" 

"Wintermelon with extra boba~" I said. "Wanna try it?" 

"Uhm... okay..." I watched her have a sip and wasn't disappointed at her reaction.

"Mm~ Wow that's good!" she said.

"Right? It's the best."

"I believe you. Here, try mine." she said while offering her coffee towards me.

"Oh... okay." I shyly took a sip and the bitter coffee flavor flowed in my mouth but I kept a straight to not offend her.

"How was it?"

"Uhm... it's good." I said but the truth is I can't wait to remove that bitter taste with my milk tea. She smirked.

"Liar. Haha! You don't like it. It's okay... you can be honest with me." she said. I bowed my head hiding my embarrassed face before speaking.

"Yeah... it's too bitter for me. Sorry." I answered.

"No worries. Show me your fist." 

"Huh? Why?"

"Come on." I obeyed again. I was curious on what she'll do. "Don't pull away." I heard her say and within a flash I felt a sting on my hand.

"Ow..." I blurted while she giggled. She flicked my hand.

"Was it too strong?"

"A little... are you really always like this?"

"Yeah... and I told you you'll get used to me."

"You're strange too you know..."

"I do know." she said and stuck her tongue out at me while rubbing her thumb on the red spot on my hand. "But I'm sorry."

"Haha... it's okay... I'll try to get used to you." She smiled back before patting my hand. "What was that for anyway?" I asked.

"I'll flick your hand whenever you're not honest with me, okay?" she said jokingly. I smiled at her while nodding my head. I can't explain this. I can't explain what we are right now. This connection that we have is so strange, but in a good way. I can't believe such a thing exists.

"Uhm... wanna take a walk?" I asked. Her eyes turned into crescents.

"I would love to!" We went out of the shop and like what we did earlier, we had our arms linked as we walked. We started talking about a lot of things and I can't believe that we just knew each other last night through kakaotalk. Isn't that weird?

We shared some funny and embarrassing stories about us and I was suprised at myself as well. I have never disclosed so many things about me to anyone. But you see, when Krystal talks to me, she really makes me feel that she's interested. Maybe that's why it was easy. 

"Hey..." she called out.

"Yeah?"

"You really look like a handsome girl."'

"Haha. Told ya. You're not bad yourself." I teased.

"Ooohh... someone's no longer paranoid." she teased back.

"Well you're right. You're not one of those psychos I see on the news. Haha!"

"Are you sure?" She said with a smirk.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I smirked back.

"So... are we really friends now?" she asked. 

"Yeah... we're definitely friends now." I answered. "And maybe more." I whispered.

"What did you say?" Oh she heard me.

"Uhm... nothing." I said while grinning. Then in a flash I felt a sting on my right hand, her left hand around my wrist. And I smiled. Right, the deal.

"What did you say?" she asked again but with a smile on her face.

"I said we're friends now... and could be more." I said shyly while smiling. Everything felt right when she smiled wider.

"Okay... let's try to get there." she said as she swiflty slipped her hand in mine.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wuhoo! Digital is done :)