On Camera Part 10

All About You, All About Me [My One-shot Kryber Stories]

Amber and Krystal's Life on Cam Episode 8

It is already afternoon and Amber and Krystal are just spending their time in the living room. What will be their activity today?

Krystal's POV

I looked at Amber who's drowning herself in a novel. She really looks immersed with the story.

"What are you reading?" I asked. 

"Oh this? This is Another Day by David Levithan. It is really cool. This writer is a genius!"

"Why? What is it about?"

"Well, actually this is the second book but it has the same story as the first one except the first which is called Everyday is written in the guy's POV and this one is in the girl's."

"Really? It does seem cool. Is it a love story?"

"Yes it is. It's really interesting. The guy changes bodies everyday but keeps on meeting the same girl."

"Ooh... I wanna read it!" 

"Alright... I have the other one if you like?"

"Okay... May I borrow it?"

"Sure! Wait, I'll get it from my shelf."

I relaxedly leaned backward on the sofa as I waited for Amber. Suddenly, my phone rang and it is manager oppa.

"Hello oppa." I greeted.

"Hello Soojungie. I have something to tell you. Amber's manager and I had a meeting with Mr. Lee yesterday about your show."

"Oh... what was it about oppa?" I suddenly felt worried.

"Mm.. you'll show will end soon." When I heard what oppa said, my heart sank. I can't believe I'm hearing this.

"But why? Aren't we doing well?" I said trying to find reason in this.

"You are... but Mr. Lee has other plans for you and Amber, but they are separate projects."

"Then, when will we end filming?"

"Around next week maybe. You're on your 8th episode now."

"Is that so? Then... I guess we need to follow, right?" I said sadly.

"Yeah... Wait, am I hearing you right? You're sad about this?" I was surprised with oppa's question and I couldn't answer.

"Huh?"

"As far as I could remember, you really hated doing this show."

"Yeah... I was surprised with myself as well..."

"Does this mean you don't want this to end?"

"Uhm... it needs to end of course but I never thought it would be this soon..."

"I understand... Well Soojungie, I'll call again next time, okay?"

"Okay oppa." As I ended the call, I saw Amber standing by the stairs with the book in her hand. Our eyes met. Her eyes have the same expression as mine.

"I guess you already know the big news..." she said as she walked towards me.

"You knew?" I asked.

"Yeah... since yesterday."

"Is that why you looked sad after you had that phone call?" She just nodded in response.

"And the reason why we had that water fight yesterday. I want us to have as much fun as we can have while we're here... together..." The way Amber said that, made me feel that she doesn't want this to end, too.

"Oh... it was fun... no doubt about that." I said with a chuckle.

"Yeah it was." Amber smiled at that. "Hmm... here's the book." she said. I looked at it then to her face. Her expression is gloomy, and what surprises me is that I feel the same way. I took the book and stared at the cover. On it are people falling from the sky, different people, but falling into the same place. Like me and Amber, we were the opposite of each other yet we still fell in the same place. This house, this is our common place... and it will always be special to me. I looked at her, surprised that she's looking at me too.

"Why?" I asked.

"Mm... nothing..." she said with a smile. I looked at the book again and browsed the pages. There was silence between us, a comfortable silence. I think we're really used to us being together like this.

 

Amber's POV

Now she knows that our show is reaching its end. Sigh... this is really sad.. but I'm glad she had fun with our water fight yesterday. Yesterday, her stare at me was just... captivating. I nearly had a heart attack. Does that mean she's really that comfortable with me? As I could remember, she barely even looked at me when we first met. She has really changed, both of us actually, and I'll surely miss her.

"So Amber, what would like to eat for dinner?" she asked. Have as much fun as we can have.

"I feel like eating samgyupsal tonight." I said while showing my teethy grin.

"Haha! Do you really have to smile like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like an idiot?"

"Uh..."

"I'm kidding, it's adorable." she giggled. "Hmm... would you like to eat at a restaurant or here?" I thought about that.

"I think it will be better if we'll just it here, you know... make more memories?" I said.

"That's a great idea. But we need to shop for ingredients first." she said.

"Alright then. I'll call manager oppa to lend us a car."

"Okay." We immediately went to the room to change our clothes. We know that we will also be filmed in there so we still need to look good. Manager oppa came to give me the car keys so I went downstairs while Krystal is still in the bathroom.

"Thanks oppa." 

"Where will you be going anyway?"

"To the supermarket. We want to cook samgyupsal so we need to buy pork and other things."

"Oh... then take this too." said oppa while handing me a credit card. "Buy anything you want."

"Really oppa?? Thank you!" I said and gave him a hug. Just then, Krystal came down and greeted manager oppa.

"Oh? Annyeonghasaeyo oppa." she greeted shyly.

"Hello Krystal-shi..." he said. "Amber has the keys now. Be careful you two, okay?"

"Yes oppa." Krystal and I answered. We all went out together, oppa walking with us to the car.

"Have a good dinner you guys." he said leaning towards the window. "And Amber, drive carefully."

"Don't worry oppa. Get home safely too." I said. When oppa left, I looked at Krystal.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"Yes!"

"Alright!"

The girls headed to the nearest supermarket. Let's see if they get to buy everything they need.

 

AT THE SUPERMARKET, Krystal's POV

"Amber, how many servings of meat can we eat?" I asked as we reached the meat section.

"Hmm... maybe two is enough... How hungry are you?"

"Uhm... I'm not really sure."

"Then... maybe two and a half?" she asked while scratching her head.

"I think that will do." I said with a smile. We also bought some lettuce, onions and garlic. "We still have red pepper paste and sesame oil at home, right?" 

"Yeah, we still have a lot." We doing these things makes me feel like we really are living together, we are sharing a home. And a couple of days later, everything will be different again.

"Hey Krystal, wanna drink this?" she asked. I looked at the bottle she's holding.

"Soju?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah... just a bottle... We won't get drunk with just one bottle." she said.

"Mm.. okay." she smiled and put it inside our basket. After shopping, Amber insisted carrying the heavy bags in the car while I carry this small light one. I like her being like this. I like how she takes care of me. Throughout the ride, we sang along the songs on my playlist. I haven't appreciated her voice until I heard her sing again. But it got me thinking, am I only feeling like this because I know we'll part soon? I don't t know. But I'm sure I'll definitely miss her.

When we reached our house, Amber and I quickly prepared our meal. We were both excited since we're the ones who shopped for the ingredients.

"I want to do the grilling." she said. "I'm sure I won't fail this time." 

"Okay." While watching her grill, I remembered the first time we cooked together. At that that time, I was so annoyed because I needed to cook with her, or rather teach her cook. I recall how clueless she was I can't help but hate myself whenever I think about how I treated her before.

"I think this is done." she said and placed the meat on my plate. I quickly took it with my chopsticks and placed it on a lettuce, put some vegetables, sauce and rolled it into a ball. Amber got a little surprised when I held it in front of .

 

Amber's POV

"Huh?" I asked seeing her holding the lettuce wrap near my mouth.

"Aaah." she said. I was hesitating when I heard her speak. "I made this for you so you should eat it." Hearing that, I opened my mouth wide and took the wrap all in one bite which made Krystal laugh. "How was it?" she asked. I just gave a thumbs up since my mouth was so full. I watch her make a wrap for herself and saw satisfaction on her face. "That was good!" she said still chewing.

"Need a shot?" I asked. She thought for a while, maybe contemplating whether it's okay to drink or not but eventually nodded her head.

"Yes, a shot would be great." she said. I opened the bottle and poured some on our shot glasses.

"Cheers to us!" I said. "For having a good show, and for finding a new friend in each other."

"Cheers!" she exclaimed and both of us gulped down the soju.

"Whew! Oh so good!" I said.

"Yeah! But, I should warn you. I can't take alcohol well so let's take it easy."

"Okay... I won't let you get drunk I promise." We continued eating and having shots from time to time. We were laughing and sharing stories as we eat. It's a really good dinner. We both did the dishes and decided to hang out at the living room afterwards. Both of us spend our time on our couch next to each other while reading the books we were talking about earlier. After sometime, I heard light snoring beside me. I looked at Krystal and saw her sleeping in an uncomfortable position. I gently stood up and carefully leaned her head to the arm rest then extended her legs on the other side so she would be comfortably lying on the couch. I smiled as I realized how easy it was for me to touch her now unlike on our first day, I can't even sit so close to her. I sat down on floor, with my back against the couch where her legs are. I continued reading but after a few minutes, my eyelids are starting to feel heavy. I leaned my head backward, making her legs as a pillow and closed my eyes. Happy night, happy memory.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ooohh... our girls... Seeing them like this makes our hearts feel warm, right? Let's see what they'll do next on the next episode of Amber and Krystal's Life on Cam. Good night everyone!