On Camera part 5

All About You, All About Me [My One-shot Kryber Stories]

AMBER AND KRYSTAL'S LIFE ON CAM EPISODE 3

It's a peaceful morning in Kryber's house. The girls are still sleeping on their bed.

Krystal's POV

Mmm... I feel so rested. I think that's the best sleep I've ever had in days. What time is it? I think it's already morning but I still feel  lazy to open my eyes. Maybe a few minutes more. I moved my hands to feel the cold surface under my pillow. I kept exploring the bed covers but then I touched something warm. What's that? I thought. I then continued feeling it without opening my eyes. It's warm... soft... and smooth... What's this? Why is it furry? Or fluffy? I can't keep guessing anymore so I decided to finally take a look. 

"What am I touching?" It's under the pillow so I can't see it clearly. When I lifted it, I saw a face, Amber's face. What?! I've been touching her face the whole time? Why is her head under the pillows anyway?! She's so weird! I got up and sat on the bed. Wait, I remember dozing off on the couch in the living room. How in the world did I get in here???

Interview - Krystal

Q: Krystal, can you remember how you got in the bedroom?

A: Honestly, no. Is teleportation possible in this house?

Q: Haha! Of course not. But would you like to find out?

A: Yes please~

The staff then showed Krystal the struggle Amber went through to get her up in the bedroom.

"What the? What's this??? Oh my gosh!" How come I didn't feel any of that? Was I that tired? This is so embarrassing and all the people of South Korea would see this!

Q: Are you sure you don't remember being carried last night?

A: Strangely, yes. What happened to me?

 Q: Good thing Amber's strength was enough to lift you up, right?

A: Yeah... I guess that was a good thing but this is embarrassing~

Aigoo Krystal-shi... It's alright. Hihi.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Amber's POV

The smell of bacon woke my soul up from slumber. Oh my... it really smells nice. Krystal must be in the kitchen, otherwise, who would be cooking? A ghost? Nah... I pushed myself up but my muscles opposed in pain. Ouch... What happened? i sat up and tried to stretch my sored limbs. What did I do? Oh right, I had an unexpected work out last night. Whew! She should be nice to me today.

I went downstairs and followed the mouth-watering scent of bacon. When I entered the kitchen, I saw Krystal mixing something in a bowl by the sink.

"Good morning." I greeted which made her face me.

"Hi." she answered and continued with what she's doing. What? She still hates me after what I did? Sigh... This is hopeless. I shrugged it off and stood next to her.

"Do you need help with anything?" I asked.

"Uhm... you can squeeze those oranges if you want." she said without looking at me.

"Oh okay." I said and went to the counter. We were so silent so I took the initiative to break it. "So, what do you want to do today?"

"Sleep." she answered plainly.

"Sleep? Didn't you have enough last night?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Ah... yeah... about that, why did you do it?" she asked while cutting vegetables. I don't know if she's shy or angry which is why she's not looking at me.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Why did you carry me? Have you forgotten what I told you before? About being near me and touching me."

"Are you serious? So you would be happier if I left you on the couch?

"Yes." she said rudely. 

I know we're being filmed right now and I don't think it would be a good idea if we continue doing this so I went near Krystal and whispered something in her ear. Before we went to the bathroom, I stood if front of one of the cameras in the kitchen.

"Camera director-nim, please edit this. Krystal and I just need to talk about something in private." I followed Krystal upstairs and shut the door. "Krystal, can you tell me why you're acting like this towards me?"

"Like what?"

"Come on Krystal Jung, you know exactly what I'm talking about." She just stayed silent but with an annoyed expression on her face. "Why do you hate me so much? What did I ever do to you? Did I do anything wrong? Tell me because I really can't understand you." I said angrily.

"You don't need to understand me and I don't want you to understand me."

"No. I need to understand because we're in this house, we will still be in this house for the next few days and we have to finish this show smoothly. So please tell me." She went silent again so I continued takling. "Do you know what I think about you? You're very pretty, very talented and smart that's why I admire you so much. But because of your attitude, all that admiration goes away. And I know you wouldn't care about it. Who am I, right? But just so you know, I can't help but feel bad about myself. I keep on thinking, what is it about me? Maybe I'm doing or showing something bad that I'm not aware of. But everytime I ask my friends, they always say that I'm okay. So it means I'm not the problem. It's you." She still remained silent while looking at the ground. "Looks like you don't have any plans on talking." I waited but still, no response. I took a deep breath before speaking again. "I don't know if what you're showing during filming is the real you or if you're just showing how good of an actress you are. I don't wanna know either. But here's what I am sure of, I am not pretending. Everything I say and show you is true." I said and headed towards the door. Before leaving, I took a look at her again. "I want to be your friend Krystal, but that imaginary glass around you is so hard to break." I said and left.

Krystal's POV

What's wrong with me? Why didn't I speak up? Grrr. I'm so mad at myself right now because I let her talk to me that way. But everything Amber said struck me hard. Am I really that mean? 

I stayed here for a while to cool everything down. After a few minutes, I composed myself and went back downstairs. When I reached the living room, I saw Amber on the sofa with her phone in her hand. I walked as quiet as possible so she won't notice me. I didn't expect her to be that way. I got her really mad, and I know,i need to apologize. I guess I was really to much. I need to do something but I think talking to her right now is the best choice. I went back to the kitchen and continued cooking. While making the omelette, all the things she said played in my head. She's right, she didn't do anything wrong to me. I was just selfish, protective, and paranoid. I should explain my side. Maybe later, when she's not mad anymore. 

I set up the table and laid the food for us. I then walked back to the living room to call her.

"A-amber..." I stuttered. "Time to eat breakfast." She looked at me with this gloomy mood on her face.

"Don't pretend to be nice. I already called manager oppa and told him to tell the staff not to film us today. So you can relax now. No need to act." she said coldly. Ouch. So she really is mad but what's with the harsh words?

"I'm not acting. I really called you to eat breakfast with me. But if you don't want to, then I can't do anything about that." I said annoyed. I'm trying to be nice to her but here she is saying those things to me. I turned around and started walking back to the dining area.

"Wait a minute." she stood up and walked towards me. "Can we please settle this now? Please, if you really can't stand working with me, then let's just call our managers and stop this nonsense." she said firmly. "Tell me now, why?" she asked while looking into my eyes. "What did I do to you?" I took a deep breath before speaking.

"You will not understand."

"Try me." she said. I guess I don't have any choice but to answer. I took a deep breath before opening my mouth.

"I don't want to get close to you." I said and she instantly had this confused expression on.

"What?" Sigh... Why do I even need to explain?

"I don't want being around anyine for a long time."

"Why?"

"Because I get too attached to them and it hurts when they suddenly leave."

"So... you're being mean to me because you don't want us to get along?

"Yes."

"Aren't you being selfish?"

"No. I'm protecting myself."

"From what?"

"From getting hurt."

"You think I would hurt you?"

"I don't know but I don't want to wait for that to happen."

"But... Why would I hurt you?"

"I don't know... stop asking." I answered annoyed. We both went silent again. Then she spoke.

"Have you been hurt by anyone before?" she asked while looking at me intently.

 

Amber's POV

Finally I had her talking. She paused for a while before answering my question.

"Yes. We had a show together and we did a lot of projects together. We became very close. He promised that he would still visit me and call me even though our project is over and I believed him. In the first few weeks, he still called and we often met but sometime later, he gradually disappeared and never showed his face again. Just when i was starting to have feeling for him, that's when he vanished. So I figured that this type of relationship is only for television, not for real life." she said in one go. There was silence again. I'm trying to understand everything she said. What does she want then?

"So... What will we do? Will we still continue this?" I asked.

"We can't back out, can we?"

"I guess we can't. So Krystal Jung, let's just work together, okay?"

"But I told you, I don't-"

"We will not be friends." I said cutting her sentence. "We will just be co-workers, okay?" Let's practice professionalism, deal?" I said and stuck my hand out for a shake. She glanced at my hand then looked back at me. "I promise that throughout the show, we will just be housemates. And even though I like you, I won't use this show to get you. And you said it yourself, you don't want to get close to me, so I will still keep it professional, okay? I asked.

"Okay. Deal." she took my hand and shook it.

 

Krystal's POV

I think the deal we made is okay. Just housemates, nothing more. Now I can work well.

"So, all the cameras are off today, right?"

"Yup." she answered while munching on a strip of bacon. I stared at her. I think I should apologize now.

"Amber..."

"Yeah?"

"Are you still mad?"

"Hmm... not anymore."

"Really?"

"Yes. Thank you for finally explaining. So now I understand."

"I'm sorry, okay?"

"Okay." Hmm... Is she really this kind?

"Uhm... What are we gonna do today?" I asked.

"Uhm... it's up to you."

"No... you choose."

"Mm... okay. What if we do something you like, then something I like?"

"Like what?"

"Hmm... I like playing the guitar, writing songs, and solving Rubik's cubes. How about you?"

"Oh... uhm... I usually read books, browse fashion magazines and watch English movies."

"Ah... okay. So what activity from my list would you like to do?"

"Hmm... maybe play the guitar?"

"Ooh... do you know how to?"

"Not really but I like the sound."

"Cool!"

"How about from my list, what would you pick?"

"Mm... I think watching an English movie would be nice."

"Okay." We continued our meal and cleaned up after.

"What will we do first?" she asked.

"Guitar first." I said with a smile.

"Nice~ Wait, I'll just get my baby."

"Baby?" I asked but she didn't bother to answer and just went up stairs. When she came back, she's holding this really cool black guitar.

"Krystal, meet my baby. This guitar is very special to me. I saved up much money for this."

"Oh. Hi." I stupidly waved at it which made Amber chuckle.

"So... what song would youlike to hear?"

"Anything is fine."

"Oh, how about I Just Wanna?"

"Uh... okay. You know how to play that?"

"Of course. I wrote that song." she said with a smile.

"What? You did?"

"Yeah. Here, listen." She started strumming the guitar and sang the first part. Daebak. That's all I can say.

"Now your turn." she said and I sang my part until both of us reached the chorus.

"I never knew you write good music." I said.

"If you have been nice to me, you have been the first to know." Right. "Don't take that the wrong way. I mean, it's true, right? I nodded. She continued playing some songs and even offered to teach me how to play but I declined it. I still don't want to be too comfortable with her.

 

Amber's POV

I feel relieved now. This is a good start. My hand grew tired so i suggested that we watch the movie she likes. She picked the movie "Her". It's interesting to know that she likes movies like this. She's the type of girl who is into something sensible things and not those sweet-flick kind of movies that girls usually watch.

"I really like this scene." she said with eyes glued to the screen.

"How many times have you seen this?"

"A lot. Haha. I never get tired of this movie. The plot is impossible to happen in real yet you still somehow wish it will." I looked at her. Yeah, like us. Impossible but I still hang-on to that thing called hope. Someday, maybe we will. As we reach the end, both of us already have puffy eyes.

"That was a good movie. I'll definitely watch it again."

"See? It's really interesting." We both took a deep breath which made us look at each other and laughed. Then there was silence again.

"Krystal.."

"Yeah?

"I'm hungry."

"Me too."

"Lunch?"

"Lunch."

We prepared lunch, ate togetherand spent the rest of the talking to smehow be familiar with each other. When night came, we both went up to the bedroom early.

 

Krystal's POV

"Hey housemate." I head her say as she got out of the bathroom.

"Huh?"

"You're my housemate, right?"

"Yeah."

"So that's what I'll call you, okay?"

"Okay."

Tomorrow, we're gonna film again so no more fighting." I giggled at what she said and nodded.

"Alright. No more fighting."

"Okay. Good night housemate Krystal."

"Good night housemate Amber."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: So... this is the longest update I've written for this shot series, right? So... what do you think? I hope this is not confusing. If there are errors, sorry. I'll edit later. Annyeong!