Captured

All About You, All About Me [My One-shot Kryber Stories]

I like taking photographs, capturing beauty through my lens is like having a permanent memory of a place or person. They say it's hard to bring back memories and sometimes we might even forget them so I'm very thankful for cameras because through them, we could always remember.

My name is Amber. I'm not a professional photographer but I've always been fascinated with pictures which encouraged me to buy a camera and study some of the basic things I need to know about photography. However, I only do this for fun, as a hobby, because I think it's more enjoyable that way, no pressures. I don't have any particular subject, I capture anything beautiful. For me, a photo is more beautiful when it is taken spontaneously. It is showing reality. So I usually go to the park every afternoon because that's when the children go there to play. I love taking children's pictures because their innocent smiles are incomparable wiht anything. They smile with pure happiness and contentment and they laugh even after scraping their knees or getting their hands dirty. I think that is what a photograph should have; happiness, beauty, life.

I went to the park earlier than usual since I got bored at home. The weather is nice. The sun is still up but the wind is blowing gently. I sat on a bench and looked around, checking if there are any interesting sights to capture. While I was looking, I saw a girl sitting under a tree. She is wearing a blue long-sleeved shirt, tan shorts, and a gray scarf loosely wrapped around her neck. I can't see her face well because she was looking at the book she is reading which is placed on her lap. I quietly walked near her and hid behind a tree a few steps away from where she is. I stayed there, waiting for her to do something.

I was already watching her for a few minutes now but she's just there reading. A few seconds after, the wind blew hard which made my hair cover my face. I then heard someone shouting.

"Oh no! My scarf!" I looked at the direction of the voice and saw the girl running after her scarf. I quickly removed the lens cap and clicked the button on my camera. I checked the screen and was happy with what I caught.

"Excuse me? Did you just take my picture?"

Yikes!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm standing in front of a guy here with his camera in his hand. The nerve!

"Yah! I asked you a question, answer me." I said firmly but he still didn't say anything. "Yah! Are you deaf or something?" I asked rudely since I'm getting impatient. He then tilted his head up and smiled at me.

"Yes, I did."

"It's illegal to just take pictures without permission."

"It isn't if it's good." he argued.

"Then let me see it." He stood up and touched the screen.

"Hey! What the heck is this?! I look like a retard pathetically chasing after my scarf!" I said angrily while he just chuckled.

"That's why it's good... because it's candid." he explained which made me angrier.

"Delete that." I commanded.

"I don't want to."

"And why not? It's my picture."

"So?"

"Delete it!" He leaned closer towards me.

"No." he said and stuck his tongue out before walking away.

"Grrr!" I walked after him and hit his back.

"Ouch!"

"Hey mister! I'm going to sue you if you don't delete that!"

"And I'm gonna call the police because you hit me!" I was about to swear at him when a bunch of kids ran towards us.

"Unnie!" greeted one of the girls.

"Unnie?!" I said in surprise. "Why is she calling you unnie?"

"Uhm... what is the word unnie for?"

"For a girl?"

"There, you answered your own question. My name is Amber, not mister." he I mean she said with a grin while holding her hand out. "And you are? Ms. scarf-chaser?"

"Never mind." I said walking away.

"Nice to meet you never mind!" she said which made me roll my eyes. I decided to ignore her and walked back to my place under the tree and opened my book. "Which part was I reading again?" I asked myself while flipping the pages. After a few turns, I finally found the page and tried reading again.

I've been staring at the same page but I can't seem to bring my focus back. Argh! That guy, girl whatever is really annoying! I gathered my things and started looking for that idiot. I'm gonna get that picture deleted!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I went to the playground where the children from earlier were playing. I looked at the screen and saw the photo of the monster chasing her scarf. She's actually cute. I think I'm gonna keep it. :)

I then saw a little boy playing on the swing and took his photo.

"Too blurred. Not good." When I peeked through the lens again...

"Aaaaaahhhhh!!!! What the?! When did you get here??"

"Delete my photo."

"No!" I said before speeding away.

"Yah!" I looked behind and saw her catching up which made me run faster.

"Why do you even care??? You're face didn't even show!!!"

"I don't care!! That's still my photo!!" We were running around the park like maniacs and I can't believe how fast she is.

"Are you an athlete or something??!"

"Keep talking! It makes me want to chase you more!!!"

"Waaaahh!!!"

"You're gonna die!" I just felt her hand on my nape and my body falling as she jumped on me causing us to hit the grass.

"Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!" she was holding my right wrist tightly while trying to grab my camera with her free hand.

"Give that camera!"

"Wait!, you're so heavy!"

"Give it to me!"

"Get off of me first! I don't even know if it's still in one piece!"

"Fine." she finally let go and I smirked.

"Aw!" I pinned her down locking her in between my legs."

"Get off!"

"Show me your best smile first."

"No way!"

"Okay." *click*

"Hey!"

"Haha! You look adorable~"

"Stop it you stupid! *click*

"Kkk... cute."

"Stupid! I swear I'm gonna bite your nose off as soon get out of this position! Stupid! Get off of m~"

"There, that should shut you up.' she said before taking another shot of me again.

"ert! Why did you kiss me?!"

"Because you're so noisy!"

"But that doesn't mean you could kiss me." I said sadly. "That was my first kiss."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When she said that, I immediately felt guilty.

"Really? I'm so sorry." I said as I sat beside her.

"I can't believe I lost my first kiss to a girl." she said.

"Sigh... I'm really sorry okay?" She stood up without saying anything then walked away. I feel so bad that I walked after her. "Here, as payment, you could delete all the pictures here in my camera, including yours." I said handing her the camera.

"No thanks."

"Really... This is how sorry I am. These pictures are precious to me, but because I took something important from you, I think it is only fair for you to do it." I said. She took the camera and looked at the screen.

"All of it?" she asked coldly.

"Y-yes... all of it." I said. When her finger is already placed on the delete button, I closed my eyes in defeat.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was just playing a trick on her as a revenge. I told her that it was my first kiss to make her feel bad. I stared at her face with her eyes closed. I then looked at the screen and scanned through the photographs. To be honest, there's something different about these pictures. I can't explain it but when I was browsing them, all I could feel is happiness... and I was already smiling without me noticing. I then saw my photo, the one where I was running after my scarf, then, my face, the photo she took after she kissed me. In the photo, my eyes were round, my lips were slightly parted, and my cheeks were flushed pink. I never knew I had this kind of expression but it was good. I like it actually.

"Hey... what's taking you so long?" I looked at the girl to my right still with her eyes closed. I smiled at her before speaking.

"Sigh... I can't delete these, they are too beautiful." I said sincerely.

"What?" she asked with her eyes now open.

"I feel like a bad person if I take these away from you."

"But I..."

"Forget that, I was just teasing you."

"What?! You made me feel guilty for nothing??" she said annoyed.

"Hey! You're the one who stared this. If you hadn't taken my photo, we wouldn't be having this argument in the first place."

"Alright then, it's my fault. Happy?"

*click*

"Hey! What did you do?"

"I took a picture of you... you're not the only one who can do this, you know." I said while giggling.

"Let me see it." I walked towards her and showed her the picture.

"Not bad..." she complimented.

"Really?"

"Yeah. It's okay."

"Hmm... then... could you teach me?"

"Sure... come on, let's get back to the playground." 

We spent the whole afternoon taking photographs and I realized she wasn't really the idiot I thought she was a while ago. She's actually charming.

"Hey never mind, do you stilll want to take more pictures?"

"Why are you calling me never mind?"

"Because that's what you told me." she teased which made me hit her arm lightly. "So, do you mind telling me your real name?"

"Krystal. My name is Krystal." I said with a smile.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I can't believe I spent the whole afternoon with her. I mean, I enjoyed spending time with her. While I was teaching her, all I am thinking of is her smile. I like the way she smiles, the way her eyes turn into crescents while her lips curved upward. She's really beautiful. I think I like her.

"So Krystal, do you want to meet me tomorrow?"

"For what?"

"Hmm... I want to spend time with you again... but if you don't want to, I could just snap photos of you. Haha!" she smiled with what I said and I immediately captured it. "Just like this." I said smiling back at her. "I want to know you more, if it's okay." she nodded shyly before answering.

"Okay." 


 

END

Author's note: So this is the first one. I don't know if this has sense or not. And if there are any grammar, spelling errors, I'll proofread tomorrow. I'm so sleepy already. Good night readers and I hope you'll like this. please comment!