Some 썸 4

All About You, All About Me [My One-shot Kryber Stories]

It was already late at night but I was still busy editing videos and stuff here in my living room. I heard my phone beep but I didn't pay attention because I wanna finish these videos as soon as I can. After a few minutes, I could feel my stomach grumbling.

Oh yeah, I forgot to eat dinner.

I checked the time and it's almost 11:30. Luckily there are many fast food chains here which are open for 24 hours.

I got my phone to read the messages I received earlier. There were five, and one of those was so unexpected.

Krystal's.

I was surprised because I wasn't really expecting her to send me messages anymore. I mean, we rarely talk nowadays and it became normal for me when she replied late to my facebook messages or sometimes it would get to a point that it will just be "seen" so receiving a message from her was a shocker for me. Anyway, I clicked on the message and began reading.

"I have to tell you something." it read. Of course it got me curious so I replied.

"What is it?" After hitting send, I called for food delivery and went back to my computer.

You know what's surprising? I got a reply from her after a few seconds. Seconds. Just a few seconds. 

"That's new." I mumbled to myself but I didn't get up from my computer. "It can wait." I said again. I'm sure that's what she does to me before. After rendering the first video, I went back to the couch to read her reply.

"I already have a boyfriend." I paused for a while, trying to assess myself. What is this? Why do I feel like this? Why don't I feel anything? I was anticipating for the pain to wrap around me but nothing. I'm okay. I'm really okay.

Does this mean I have moved on?

I actually felt good about my reaction. 

I clicked on the reply box and typed, "Wow! That's great! Congratulations." I really mean it. I'm happy for her. She has been single for a long time. The last relationship she had was when we were still in college and that was even before our 'some' moment. I think it was during that time Luna and I had a fight with her, Sulli and Victoria because of that stupid fraternity which I think by the way is still stupid upto this day.

I put my phone down again to answer the door. My food has arrived and my stomach growled even louder so I need to feed myself first. After taking a bite from my burger, she replied again with a short "Thanks."

Now I'm curious about the guy so I replied with, "So who's the lucky guy?" Then she replied with the guy's name and it's Kai. She met him at work. So I asked if her family met him already but they just got together an hour ago so she couldn't introduce him yet. 

Then this, this part of the message totally blew my mind.

"Actually, you're the first person to know."

I placed my burger back on the table and stared at my phone. What? I'm the first one to know? Not Jessica? Not Sulli? Me?

There she goes again. Krystal and her games. She always does this to me. She always makes me feel things that I shouldn't be feeling. Is she trying to make me think that I'm still special for her? I shook my head before speaking.

"No Amber. It's a trap. Don't fall for it again. Stop." I told myself. "She's not into you anymore. She was never into you, okay? You just assumed. You just thought. You just hoped that she was. Okay? You're the first person to know about her boyfriend because you are her friend and friends do that. Don't put any meaning to it." After scolding myself, I took a deep breath before replying.

"Oh.. Okay... Well good luck to both of you. I hope I could meet him. Good night." then I hit send as quickly as I can before tucking my phone under the pillow.

I stared at my burger then took a bite. As I chew, I recalled a promise I made in 2010. I told myself that the day she finds a boyfriend, that's the day I'll stop. 

As I swallowed my food, I reached for my phone under the pillow and browsed my gallery. I still have the selfie she took with my old phone years ago. My favorite photo of her. I stared at it for a while before speaking.

"I can stop loving you now."

I went to options and clicked delete with a smile on my face.

"Finally, I'm free."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have two still-in-the-process one shots so don't be confused with the skipped chapters