Misconstruing

I'm Not Gay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun actually doesn't need to confirm, he knows Daeun would want to see Luhan first if she has to choose. He actually thinks it's odd that his friend bothered to get his address first, when she could have gotten straight on contacting Luhan. Not that he hates her, nor he's irked with her presence, it is far from that because Daeun is a great friend after all, it's just, like he thinks, odd, and he's just stating the obvious truth. Because, maybe Daeun still likes Luhan, and he can see that. Maybe she returns not just for a vacation but also to woo him to continue their impending—about to bloom—love story. If weren't because of some unfortunate circumstances, who knows, maybe Luhan and Daeun would have found love and happiness from each other (well, that won't be great, Sehun thinks so) and he can't blame her because Luhan is all worthy, and he knows that of all people.

 

"Did you drink milk straight from the cow? You're like a dang tower now!" Daeun comments in jest, cutting Sehun from his train of thoughts. She's chinning up to meet Sehun's eyes.

 

The two are on their way to Daeun's car, they both agreed to go to Sehun's campus and meet Luhan after his soccer practice. Sehun has sent the latter a message a while ago that he has someone for him to meet, but he doesn't get any reply, perhaps, his bestfriend is still busy with his practice games, having no time to check his phone.

 

He halts midway and looks back at Daeun, she's smiling and all blooming, Sehun deems Luhan has no point of disliking and rejecting her if ever she'd confess. His traitor feelings attack again; though he feels guilty, he can't deny he is jealous of Daeun. He's jealous because she's a girl, not that he wants to undergo operations, alter his ia and have two big bumps on his chest, but because 'being a girl' would be the first criterion to win Luhan's heart. He would pass all his criteria—whatever are those—but not that one because it is a stated fact that his bestfriend is straight as a ruler and he prefers vags than .

 

"Hey, Earth to Oh Sehun," Daeun claps his hands twice on his face when she notices that Sehun is staring straight to her soul but his face is void of expression, what is so confusing on what she has said? She then, just shrugs to that and condenses at the fact that she's just being ignored. "Sehun, that was a compliment!"

 

The mentioned guy blinks and realizes that he is thinking too much, he remembers Daeun talking about milk and tower. "What did you say again, Eun?"

 

The girl sighs, "I said you grew taller," she deadpans and walks away to her car with Sehun on her tail.

 

 

Sehun is a little bit unease due to the fact that a girl is driving for him, it doesn't feel appropriate—on his perspective—but he knows his friend is mulish even if he'd insist and that Lexus is her precious baby she's selfish about. So, he tries to shoo it, gives her the address and just talk to his friend.

 

"What would you say if you meet Luhan later?" Sehun suddenly asks.

 

Daeun doesn't look like she wants to give an answer, she's pouting when Sehun turns to her, gaze focused on the road. He recalls that that is her habit when she is sulking way back when they're young.

 

Sehun leans a little closer to her side and pinches her nose—just like what he used to do at moments like this. "Aigoo, so cute!" he chimes and grins.

 

Daeun tries to look annoyed albeit she is smiling. She glances at Sehun and back to the road. "Aish, you never change," she touches her nose gently with his free hand as if it's still in deep pain, "your mind was flying miles away earlier when I was talking to you, and now, you're forcing me to have a convo with you, seriously. What should I do with you, Sehun?" she sighs.

 

"You're still mopey," he teases. "Anyway, just answer my question."

 

"I don't know," she shrugs, "how are you?"

 

"Do you still like him?" Sehun immediately regrets asking.

 

"Of course, I do like him," Daeun laughs, then halts as if she realizes something. "Wait, you think I like Luhan? That Lu Han?" Sehun gawks at her. "Oh, I guess we're here."

 

He looks outside and greeted by the enormous gates and arch of their university, he instructs her to the parking area and as soon as they spot an empty space, Daeun pulls his car over.

 

They traverse the way to the field, Daeun is gripping on Sehun's arm and she looks thrilled, and he assumes that it's all because she'll finally meet Luhan again, well, what else would it be?

 

The field extends a great distance from one side to another, but Sehun finds Luhan so easily. He is standing on one of the bleachers, few meters away from him. The soccer team members are scattered around him and they all seem packing up. He eyes Luhan again and notices he's with Minseok, they are laughing, drowning at their own world. He feels a slight pang on his chestor it's his heart? He flits his eyes to his side and looks at Daeun, her eyes are darting from one place to another, seems like she's quite amused with the scene around and she wants to memorize the whole field.

 

"You look like a lost puppy," Sehun quips and Daeun jump off a bit.

 

She keens, "It's my first time to see a football field, and it's quite a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter