Clichés and All

I'm Not Gay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun now deems that the crappy auction isn’t the worst idea at all.

He scans the sheet of paper Luhan handed him before drifting off to sleep. He smiles at the notes written neatly on the gray spaces corresponding to certain activities. He recalls Luhan, at the passenger seat on their way home, earnestly crafting plans for the next four days. His bidder is so enthusiastic about this companionship thingy, and sullying his expectations is not on his options – he’ll make sure Luhan’s money is worth spent. He’ll make sure they’ll make the most of it.

 

Luhan is fidgeting on his mobile phone, tapping on some random applications, waiting for Sehun to get out of his room and join him and Kai for breakfast.

He is about to ask Kai, who’s blowing the steam from his coffee, any explanation on Sehun’s odd change of actions yesterday, when he surfaces from the kitchen door and greets them a good morning. Okay, maybe he just had his off day, and someone needs to stop overthinking. The two greet him back and they start savoring the breakfast Kai made with affection.

 

“So, where’s our first stop, Master?” he asks Luhan jestingly as soon as their bestfriend bids them goodbye, ready to meet Kyungsoo.

Luhan can’t help but plaster a smile – a thing that urges Sehun to keep his words of ‘making the most of it’. “The list said to go on a date. So, to Amusement Park!” he squeaks like a kindergartener and ties the laces of his sneakers.

If he just said any other place, the taller guy might laugh at his unusual childishness, but then he frowns, as if he heard something horror. He knows Luhan is prone of altitude sickness and probably cardiopulmonary problems due to rides, so, “Why Amusement Park?” he says scrunching his nose, utterly confused.

“Because you like rides!”

 

Contrary to his prospect, Luhan drives off to an abandoned Amusement Park. Sehun is relieved, though. No one will be having heart attack anyhow.

The place is in average size but not shabby at all. Taking a look from the outside, it still seems a commercially-operated park. The deserted rides are still in pristine paints with couples of rusts here and there. It closed down six months ago and will be demounted in two months. Luhan is somehow acquainted with the son of the new proprietor and has managed to get an access for a day.

Luhan clutches Sehun’s hand and drags him to the looking good-as-new carousel at the very center of the park. The older man screams as if the ride is actually operating the moment they take seats on one horse each. Sehun grins at him – he almost forgot Luhan can get any cuter sometimes – he argues to himself if he’s actually ten years younger than him. Possible. After he settles with that and with Luhan’s incessant childlike screams, he fishes his phone from his pocket and takes a picture of him. And for satiation, he gets off of his seat and shifts closer to Luhan’s side and takes selcas of them in different poses. He then chooses one from them and sets it as his phone’s wallpaper. He smiles in contentment.

They proceed to the rollercoaster that is just meters away from the merry-go-round. The inoperative ride is slightly elevated on its tracks, the two hop in the lofty part of the train, not bothering to buckle up. They scream like idiots – this time, the younger man joins him. Luhan never had a chance to ride an operating one, although he had gone to them parks a few times, that he can’t say how exactly the adrenaline rush and all feels like, but he can imitate his friends and those he had watched from some romcom movies Jongin told him to watch. Besides, the chills sent down to his spine due to the tight grip of Sehun’s hand on his are enough to mimic an actual scream.

Later, they fall into silence. They stay like that for a while, sitting side by side, occasionally brushing their clad shoulders, letting the fresh breeze kiss their skins, enjoying the monochromatic view of Seoul. They talk about trivial things, breaking the quiet amidst, “I still don’t know how they put cars inside the malls,” “Don’t bother to google it, let it be forever a mystery,” and vital ones, “I wonder what the future might bring,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter