Evanescence

I'm Not Gay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once again, Daeun wakes up an hour before her alarm clock is set, to provide herself enough time on making their breakfast. She's been habitually doing this ever since Kai and Luhan went back home.

Sure, she was preparing breakfast when she was alone with Sehun too before, but often times, he's busy sulking in his room to eat, or maybe Tao would sneak inside and drag them both to the nearby café, urging them to use the coupons he get for being a loyal customer. Although she knows it was just Tao's excuse to cheer Sehun up (and force him to eat), she never confronts him, as long as it's for his friend's sake, she couldn't be so grateful.

Daeun has to admit cooking for four people is something for her to look forward to on every rise of the sun, not to mention, the three never forgets to thank her and compliment whatever she prepares, and that truly flutters her heart, and this day is no different.

Once she's done, Kai surfaces on the kitchen door with his sniffing face and that makes Daeun chuckle." Sorry, can't help it. It smells so delicious."

"These aren't made for sniffing, these are meant to stuff the growling pet in your tummy, Kai," she quips then place the platter of pancakes amid the fried rice and bacons. "Aren't you going to sit?"

He takes that as an invitation and gladly takes the seat across her.

A minute or two later, Sehun makes his entrance into the kitchen with Luhan trailing behind him. They are both wearing uniforms identical with Kai's, that perfectly complements their features.

It is a customary sight for Daeun, she always sees them in their uniforms, but for some reasons she can still feel the butterflies in her stomach go wild whenever she lands her eyes on Sehun, especially when he's doing nothing but be his fascinating self. (She once wondered if Luhan has so blinded to not notice that.)

She shakes her head to get rid of those thoughts and focuses on the food laid on the table. She mentally facepalms for still having that effect Sehun has on her after making it clear to herself that her feelings will never be returned, and besides, she's in Team HunHan–Tao calls them that–so she has to make her mind straight.

"What can we do without you, Eun?" says Kai as he savors the pancake, drowning in syrup, on his plate.

"We're so hopeless without you," Luhan comments, looking at her eyes. Then he cuts the yolk out of the fried egg on his plate and exchanges it with the white part of the egg on Sehun's.

Sehun nods at Daeun, telling her that he agrees, unable to speak since he just put the two eggyolks entirely inside his mouth. He looks so grossly funny, Daeun finds it cute, anyway.

"I can see that," she mutters with a proud expression that leads for the three to throw themselves into giggles, finding her mien yet adorable. She looks bashful instead of intention to be boastful.

The breakfast ends rather quickly. Sehun offers Daeun a help on washing the plates, since it's still early to drive to school, but she refuses and suggests them to do something else.

And by that, she didn't deem that something else for them means watching her as she unstains the dishes. For the entire time, she gets overly conscious, but not uncomfortable, whilst the three bore holes into his back. She'd occasionally look back over her shoulder and the three would give her identical grins to peeve her a little. They look stupid yet cute. Her heart flutters, she's reminded of all the strange things they did together years ago, memories from her childhood that will always make her smile everytime they flashes in her mind.

Somewhat, she felt like a little girl surrounded by fun, weird elder brothers, and nothing really changed.

She missed those moments. And she'll definitely miss the recent, no matter how short, memories they've made.

After she mostly cleaned the whole kitchen (with the kingkas enjoying to stare at her), they finally decided to go to the campus and head to Luhan's car.

Daeun gives them a walk to the base floor parking.

"Can I hug you?" she hesitantly asks, fingers fidgeting on the hem of her cardigan.

The three look at her with total confusion plastered on their faces, nonetheless, they comply and hug her tightly one by one, with a group hug at the end.

She smiles at them, satisfied, silently thanking they didn't ask why. She pushes them to get inside the car before they can utter anything.

 

Once their classes have dismissed, the three kingkas head straight to the school's parking and ride on Luhan's car.

Luhan sidetracks to buy a cake for Daeun. Today is her birthday, but they didn't bother t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter