Spell

I'm Not Gay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It became his routine in days now, visiting to Kai's shared house--with Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Chanyeol--every morning is now a commonplace to Sehun. It was all because he wanted to shun Luhan and break away from the jungle--also known as their apartment--until he felt home being with his new friends and his lame reason becomes nothing except lamer.

It's not that Sehun has nowhere to go but Kai, just that he doesn't have much of friends and practically no other close friends because he’s socially-awkward (his social status has something to do with that), let's say he's stuck with Kai and Luhan all his life, so earning new friends makes him elated.

For four sequent days, Sehun would wake up, greet Mr. Sun a great morning and have some cereal or coffee before getting ready to leave. Luhan would always wake up a bit earlier than noon when Sehun's already on his way out and he'd return home somewhere in the middle of the night when Sehun is already slumbered, so basically, he couldn't get in touch with his bestfriend for almost a week now.

Another solitary morning--or noon? Because it's already eleven fifty-seven on their hanged wall clock--for Luhan, he can't see any indication of having someone present inside their dig but himself, a sign that Sehun just left an hour ago. He yawns and paces to the kitchen. He's craving for pancakes so he decided to make some, unless he finds their fridge empty, literally, even the built-in water dispenser of the refrigerator is devoid. He groans in disappointment. Luhan turns to the counter table, and there, is a box of cereal and a carton of milk good for one serving. At least, Sehun doesn't want me to starve and die yet. Luhan puts a mental note to get some kitchen commodities later after tidying their apartment which is just an inch away to a jungle-look because of all the mess everywhere.

This gotta be a tiring day.

 

The course to Kai's new home is an hour-driveㅡalmostㅡ from his old one, yet, it's not too far, mayhap because of the men working along the way, and Sehun doesn't bother to glance if that's a waterway the men are repairing of or whatnot. He, too, doesn't mind being stuck on the road by just few more minutes, as long as he'd ended up inKai's house safely; he's been cleaving on them lately. 

"Chanyeol-ah! Lend me the broom!" Sehun hears from the inside, he is positive that that is none other than Baekhyun. He then, realized, he is now used to the whining voice of his friend.

 

He indisputably knocks on the door and waits with his lips tugged upward to a smile.

"Chanyeol! Open the door! Sehun is here."

Sehun chuckles at the demanding voice of Baekhyun, he notes to himself to give Chanyeol a praise he deserves for not feeling irked at his boyfriend. Maybe I should give him a cert for being a boyfriend having the longest patience ever.

Chanyeol pulls the door open and presented by a grinning Sehun. He wants to ask the reason of his slightly barbing smile but chooses not, because he has something more tectonic to tell.

"You know, we have this push button here, Sehun," Chanyeol begins nonchalantly, finger pointing to the blue button beside the door frame. Sehun muses if that is recently built or not, or he just didn't notice it because its hue is semblable to the wall. "You have to press this and there's a bell inside that will chime, denoting there's someone outside. A genius invented it so you don't have to knock. To make our lives easier."

Sehun just stands there staring at Chanyeol, stupefied. The taller shrugs and chuckles quietly at his dumbfounded friend.

"You're so welcome, Sehun. I'm always willing to supply you new discoveries on this Earth,"he says letting Sehun in.

Chanyeol finally cracks up, earning a disapproving look on Baekhyun who is standing on a metal ladder, brooming the ceiling. Sehun still looks like a dumb trying to be smart and that makes Chanyeol guffawed even more. He didn't know Sehun is that gullible.

"Hyung,"Sehun utters flatly, both Baekhyun and Chanyeol eye him."Who's the genius invented the doorbell?"

For the third time, Chanyeol laughs even louder this time and Baekhyun fights hard the urge to join him. Sehun's brows meet and he cusses under his breath. I'm taking my words back, you deserve the bully award instead, Chanyeol.

 

"Are we missing something here?" Kyungsoo asks as he steps down from their room, fading the laughter from Chanyeol. Kai follows behind him.

Baekhyun shrugs and fleets down to the floor from the ladder.

"We're going to the food store, we're lacking supplies. Do you want us to buy anything for you?"

"Marshmallows!" Chanyeol chimes.

"What?" Kai scowls at him.

"Marshmallow, that sugary, fluffy food usually color white but variㅡ"

"I know what a marshmallow is!" Kai cuts him, rubbing his temple as if Chanyeol is giving him a headache.

"Astronaut's food..." Chanyeol adds, almost a whisper.

"Get me some Pringles, Soo, Sour Cream, thank you," Baekhyun mutters, his words slightly muffled as it takes so much of his strength to heave the ladder to the patio. Chanyeol offered him a hand but he refused, returning a pleased grin.

"Alright. Sehun?"

Sehun hesitated at first but he knows Kyungsoo will insist. "Bubble tea, maybe."

"Okai!"the doe-eyed puns with his boyfriend's name. Sehun giggles silently at the couch as he sees the tinge of pink on Kai's cheeks.

"Leggo!" Kai chants and trails Kyungsoo outside.

 

On their first year being university students, Luhan's parents were sending them maids to clean their apartment occasionally, cook some decent food and do their laundries. But the three got sickened about it and purported that they're adults already, that they could stand on their ownㅡhaving maids is their least need. Luhan never contrite about it; not until now.

Luhan is now sweating bullets, feeling exhausted as hell. It is indeed so tiring to clean a house alone, specially it became messier than ever. He can't even ponder when was the last time they tidied their apartment, maybe eons ago? Kai was still there the last time they did house cleaning, and yes, three heads are better than one so, Luhan is practically a tired crumb right now.

This isn't his usual self. He doesn't know what have gotten into him the moment he turned the vacuum on and started to dust everything, and what's even more amazing is, he's awkwardlyㅡthough it doesn't have to beㅡstanding on the shelf of toiletries in the grocery store, hand rubbing his nape, pondering what brand of tissue paper he has to get. This is a lot more difficult than I've thought. And after spending good minutes of contemplating, he picks one of each brand. Piece of cake.

"I think Sehun will like your Kimchi Spaghetti."

Luhan flinches at the familiar voice. He is certain that that is his ex-bestfriend Kai, and he mention

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter