Reconciliation

I'm Not Gay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan is well aware that he is overstaying at Minseok's place. Albeit the owner of the house doesn't really care, and he couldn't be more than grateful, he still feels like some sort of a burdensome.

It has been a week since Luhan moved in there. But every time he mentions to Minseok that he should just find an interim room somewhere, he'd cut him off and insists that he won't let him move out unless he turns back to his and Sehun's shared apartment. And in all honesty, he has no other choice but to take that offer since he still can't stand to do the latter.

The past school days have been uneventful the whole week, which doesn't amuse Luhan a bit, since he needs to busy himself as he tries hard to put all his worries at the back of his mind, yet somehow, he luckily manages to succeed and mopes around lesser than the first few days.

 

Jongdae and Minseok did second guessing on how they could help Luhan out, and ended up with the idea of bringing their friend to the kindergarten where they were both enrolled in and regularly visiting. Although the two aren't sure about Luhan's fondness toward kids, which they both obviously have, they still hope it will work. It should. However.

The moment Luhan steps inside the room–filled with squealing toddlers, following his friends ahead–gets him all fidgety. Just the thought of interacting with those fragile little creatures makes him somewhat unsure why he agreed on going there in the first place. He doesn't usually do it–alright, never–so he's afraid he might scared them, or worse, hurt them, so he just opts to watch Jongdae and Minseok as they play and have fun all together.

Luhan plumps down on the floor few feet away from them and wanders his eyes around. The room is indeed colorful like what a usual kiddie room should be. There are random figures and shapes plastered on the walls adjacent the entrance door, a bulletin board behind him where some profiles and best works of the students are pinned on. It is the kids' break time so they are allowed to play around, and that is why those pint-sized yellow and blue chairs are scattered all over the mat with some other toys.

Whilst Luhan is too immersed on observing the kids playing with the two adults, there comes a tiny hand nudging on his side. He looks from the direction of the kid and moves slightly away, leaving him a space to clearly see the boy's glistening eyes.

The little boy that seems like in a verge of crying as he reaches out for the hem of his shirt, leaves a nervous Luhan. This is what Luhan actually hates, he hates the annoying sound of bawling kids, he hates when they throw tantrums, especially right in front of him. And he hates that these all seem to happen anytime now.

He summons for help from his friends, but both of them are surrounded by clingy kindergartener. Luhan, understanding their situation simply asks them what he should do besides calling their teacher–which is currently preparing the kids' snacks.

"I think he wants you to carry him," Jongdae suggests as he carries a little girl on his arms. "Like this."

Luhan's orbs widen just like a shocked deer. He can hear giggles from the kids and the couple merely because of his cute mien, but he cringes. Luhan doubts he can do what Jongdae is proposing. He is certain that he doesn't like kids in general, so he simply shakes his head to Jongdae.

But his refusal gone long when the kid doesn't stop on tugging on his shirt and a minute later, he is starting to cry.

Maybe kids aren't that chafing, Luhan concludes as he finally collected his guts and carries the kid up, successfully pacifying him.

"He looks like your friend, Luhan," states Minseok as he makes his way through the playing kids.

The mentioned guy turns to him and back to the little boy sitting on his forelimbs. "Which friend?" Luhan asks, a little fazed.

"What's your name, sweetie?" Minseok asks, ignoring Luhan's question, as he slightly pinches the boy's left cheek. He knows the kid is a taciturn type so he didn't wait for an answer and just get it from his I.D. "Taeoh. Your name suits you," his lips stretch a little wider as the kid grins at him.

It takes a little while of staring at the kid before Luhan realizes how Taeoh resembles Kai, as when he senses a light pang on his chest.

Their homeroom teacher walks inside dragging a cart of the cookies and bottles of milk. All of them hurry to her as she calls their attention. Luhan attempts to put Taeoh down but the boy refuses and firmly seizes on his shirt instead. So he has no other option but to feed him on his lap.

"Taeoh doesn't usually cleave to new visitors, I think he's fond of you," the teacher comments as both Jongdae and Minseok give her a h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter